p. manning vs the 3-4

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by All Gas No Shake, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The Colts got to 15 points in 2.5 quarters. Not me, but the experts said, Peyton figured your mighty defense out. It would have been at 27 point offensive game. The other thing that bods well for the Colts - you didnt score an offensive touchdown on the Varsity. The Colts are a much better team than the Chargers. Much better skilled position players, better coaching, and better defense. Not sure that is even argued.

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Why do colts fans keep thinking their defense is better than the Chargers?

The Colts points allowed per game was SLIGHTY better (19.2 vs 20)

But the Chargers had LESS rushing yards allowed per game, LESS passing yards allowed per game, LESS total yards allowed per game, Chargers had MORE forced fumbles,and the Chargers had 2 less interceptions than the Colts did.

3. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

But the Colts defense is so fast!

4. freebo

freebo New Member

To be fair, our last two games did mess up our defensive stats on the year. For most of the year we were number 1 in points allowed and in the top 5 in pass defense.

But none of that matters to me. It's how we play this Sunday is what matters. No stat from any game before is going do anything for either team in this game.

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Yes it is!1 :beer: :jets:

6. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Really?

The Jets defense ended the season number 1 in: Best Total Defense, Best Pass Defense, Points allowed per game, Yards allowed per game, Yards allowed per play, Best 3rd down conversion defense, and Best 4th down conversion defense.

Overrated? Ok, you sound stupid now dont you.

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

At the end of the season the jets had 70.2 less points allowed than the colts.

Even if the Colts COMPLETELY SHUT OUT both teams in their final 2 games the jets still would have been #1 in points allowed.

8. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

What I think of our JETS

What I think of our JETS
    They have a unbelievably good defense then there's Revis, a rocking offensive line, 2 stud running backs (3 if you wait and see when Leon comes back), and a coach with balls and most importantly this team has Swagger. Get used to us we're going to be around here for a while

9. tncolt55

tncolt55 New Member

Talking about the 06 season, we are the only team in history to beat the top 3 ranked defenses in the playoffs. Balt, NE and CHI.

10. 624

624 Banned

I would call them underrated before overrated, they have all of these incredible stats with having to deal with awful field position all year due to turnovers and bad ST coverage.

11. freebo

freebo New Member

I said most of the year. Not before week 16. I think it was around week 9 or 10, maybe 11 that we lost the number 1 ranking in points allowed.

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Not to mention the Jets defense has been without Jenkins.

Jenkins plus a DE next year, this defense could be absolutely insane.

13. tncolt55

tncolt55 New Member

Who cares about stats and rankings anyway, this is the playoffs, a entire new season all together. The Jets have the best defense in the NFL but we have the best player arguably that has ever played and a very good defense.

14. freebo

freebo New Member

The Colts after week 9 had allowed 108 points (13.5 per game). We were number 1 in the league at that time in points allowed. We were also number 1 in pass yards (per game) at around that point in the year, with an overall defensive ranking around the top 10. Our run defense was middle of the pack in yards allowed for most of the year. Really most of those yards happened in about 3 games.

We had the top ranked pass offense for most of the year and in the bottom 5 ranked run offenses for most of the year. That is skewed simply because our short passing game is an extension of our running game.

Yes losing Jenkins hurt you, but If it were up to me, I would let you have him back if we could have Bob Sanders and Marlin Jackson back.

15. 624

624 Banned

Deal, Bob Sanders would only last a quarter....

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

True but look at the offenses you went against in weeks 1-9.

You had a banged up slumping kurt warner, Seattle, st louis, titans (before they got hot), 49ers.

Look at how hot the Giants looked in the first few weeks of the season when they beat up on garbage teams.

Not saying Indy is a garbage team like the giants, but their defense isnt very special. They have 4 good defensive players tops, and then everything else is just Peyton carrying them.

17. Jbuc15

Jbuc15 New Member

Peyton Manning will probably go down as the best qb to ever play in the NFL. If he wins one more super bowl definitely. BUT, he's only 7-8 in the post-season.

Now if your going to go with the every qb has better stats during the regular season because the teams they play are much tougher in the playoffs, let's look at these qb's.

Tom Brady, Patriots (18 games, 14-4 record)

Roger Staubach, Cowboys (18 games, 12-6 record)

Joe Theismann, Redskins (8 games, 6-2 record)

Steve Young, 49ers (14 starts, 8-6 record)

John Elway, Broncos (22 games, 14-8 record)

Troy Aikman, Cowboys (16 games, 11-5 record)

Terry Bradshaw, Steelers (19 games, 14-5 record)

Bart Starr, Packers (10 games, 9-1 record)

Joe Montana, 49ers and Chiefs (23 games, 16-7 record)

One last thing, please don't try and spin but Peyton didn't have talent because all I hear is how good your Defense is and how great your receivers are (Wayne and TE Clark are excellent) but Garcon? the pride of Mount Union College.

I think Indy has a very good defense BUT it's built for your team. Both of your DE's are small and quick and when your offense builds a big lead they rush the qb and get sacks. Antoine Bethea is the most under-rated safety in the nfl though.

18. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

I am so tired of hearing about your "A" team and "Varsity". The truth is it was a close game and you packed it up. YOU QUIT. We were going to win. We had to and we would have. The fact that YOU QUIT a competitive game does not give you any bragging rights. It just means YOU QUIT.

The fact that your team QUITS, and yes it is a fact, will come back to bite you Sunday because that's the way it works.

19. freebo

freebo New Member

Bethea, Freeney, Mathis, Brackett, Bullitt, Sessions, and Hayden could start on almost every team in the NFL.

At least call it fairly.

20. freebo

freebo New Member

Sadly, you may be right, but I would take that risk.