Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Wow ... 7 years ago... I can barely remember that far back.
    Hey...wait a minute ... Peyton was playing for you guys back then ... wasn't he??? So I guess it isn't exactly ancient history.

For the record ... we've been in the postseason 6 of the last 11 seasons, and 3 of the last 5... 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2009.

I believe you said we're "hardly ever" in the postseason. Looks like more than half the time to me math wiz. How many teams do you think have been there more than us in that same time period??? If you're gonna' talk shit, at leat TRY to be accurate.

And BTW ... our postseason record during that span is 5-5. Peyton is a stellar 8-8 ... WOW... and 8-9 after Sunday.

#361 truthbtold, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. aaron

aaron New Member

23 - 20, jets.

3. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Wow, you really haven't a clue. I wouldn't say I'm confident in winning this game. I'd say we have a 20% chance. You keep going nuts about how we all expect to dominate. Well we're Jets fans, do you expect us all to pick the Colts? Not one pick on here has the Jets winning by more than at the most 7 points, yet almost all of your fan predictions are by two touchdowns.

The fact that you think this is going to be a bloodbath shows your homerism and complete lack of football understanding. Number 2 passing offense vs number one passing defense= Probable close, great game. No other way to really slice it but those two numbers.

You call the Jets fans overconfident? It's the AFC Championship game, and it's shaping up to be one for the ages. Fair?

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Jets: 27
    Peyton Manning: 24

5. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

So you're the idiot in this village.

I guess you better call someone at the NFL office and let them know that you were in the postseason in '03, '05 and '07. Because, as of right now, you're the only person in the world who believes that.

I've been holding back on the language, but you deserve special treatment. You are a complete effing moron. And you've embarrassed yourself in front of all your comrades.

The Jets DID NOT go to the playoffs in any of those years. They went to the playoffs in 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2009.

And since you aren't intelligent enough to understand, let me explain: A "few years" is THREE. SEVEN years is how long ago you beat the Colts in the playoffs.

Sure, run your dumb mouth about Manning being our QB then. Like Manning '02 is the same as Manning '09.

How many head coaches and QBs has your franchise run through in that time span?

Yer an effin' genius.

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'm going with the Jets 20-17.

The irony would be just so awesome! Talk about karma biting them in the ass!

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Old fart? Old fart!? Now come on internet tough guy (see...I had you pegged). A little Hoosier like yourself wouldnt call me that to my face...we call that internet muscles.

Let me help you with the "maths". So you are 33? Calling kids on this board wise asses?

Whats really bothering you. Talk to us...your confident you blow us out...you seem a bit upset about our love for the Jets. Come on..its has to be something not related to this game..probably not even sports. We are here...your new family wants to listen. Whats up.

8. jaywayne12

The kid is 14 years old buddy. Whats going on.

9. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

If the Colts were going into someone else's barn with the sixth seed and facing the league's best record and QB, I'd probably accept that my team's chances are quite long and I'd spend a lot less time blathering about an impenetrable defense and unstoppable offense that was merely two games above .500. I would hope I'd have more humility.

Do you realize the Jets are 1-6 when allowing 16 or more points?

Do you think they have any shot at keeping the Colts to 16 points?

If the Jets can do that, well, they'll still probably lose. Your offense simply can't produce enough to beat this team.

But it's certainly their only chance to win.

10. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I'm still in shock that we are going to playing AFC CG this Sunday. LETS GO JETS! BELIEVE!

11. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Now you're legitimately, and joyfully, making me laugh. I knew we could get along.

I have no idea how old other posters are; I don't take time to get into their bios. Sorry if I railed on a kid, though to be honest, if you're going to post on a message board like this ? especially with such bravado and "knowledge" as he did ? then you've gotta be ready to take the lumps.

The "old fart" comment is simply a response to you acting like I shouldn't have a voice or be able to call myself a true fan because you thought I was a kid. Whether I was a kid or not wouldn't have any effect on the fact I'm a Colts fan and I love my team.

Don't know why you'd assume I'm a "little" Hoosier, but feel free to fantasize what you like. I never back down from my feelings and would easily say to your face what I'm saying here.

As far as the argumentative nature I've taken, I've made that clear: I came in and said what I thought will happen this week, and I've been taken to task for the audacity to believe in what was all season long the league's best team. I know, how absurd. What was I thinking?

I won't bother y'all tomorrow. I understand there is no room in this board for non-Jets homerism. When, er, if we win Sunday, I won't come back to gloat; I'm not that kind of guy. If we lose, I'll come in and take my lumps.

Promise.

12. jaywayne12

Now this is where we differ.

I think there is plenty of room for Colts fans to come here and throw their two cents in. Plenty.

What surprises me is that a guy like you...who seems to be a pretty smart guy...shocked to come to a teams message board..a team that found every loophole in the world to make the playoffs....went to Cincy to play a team that everyone said didnt try the week before and beat them again

The same team went to the West Coast against a team even your Colts have a struggled past with..and beat them...and you guys come here shocked to see euphoria.

Are some posters so drunk with Jet Fever that they come off cocky to other teams fans....who visit OUR website? Of course. Come here after a Jet loss and see the suicide notes written in every thread.

I think deep down you are a true fan...as blind as we are when times are great. If so, we fight here all the time. You have come at the peak of this boards happiness.

So no, I would come back tomorrow too if I were you. Just dont take our excitement out of context. If you walk into a Irish Pub and someone announces drinks free for the next 8 hours...you will see plenty of out of control people. This board is the Irish bar....and drinks happen to be free this week.

Why would any Jet fan not feel like this team has a chance. Not week 15...but this week.

13. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

Well put... Nice post...

14. jaywayne12

Oh...and truthbetold...sorry about the 14 age thing..it sounded too good not to use.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This, of course, requires pointing out that they have not allowed 16 or more points since week 11, despite facing several pretty good to great offenses in that span of time.

You're yapping a lot for somebody who really believes the Colts are going to stomp the Jets on Sunday. We had some people like that swarm the board last week. They're not yapping now.

16. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

6-0 Jets

Jets D plays completely lights out, offense struggles but manages 2 FGs. Manning 3 INTs, and the entire Colts offense can do nothing on the Jets D.

Just a gut feeling, not a logical prediction.

17. truthbtold

Here are the results and the dates the games took place ...

• Jan. 7, 2007 - AFC Wild Card - New England 37, N.Y. Jets 16

• Jan. 15, 2005 - AFC Divisional - Pittsburgh 20, N.Y. Jets 17 (OT)

• Jan. 8, 2005 - AFC Wild Card - N.Y. Jets 20, San Diego 17 (OT)

• Jan. 12, 2003 - AFC Divisional - Oakland 30, N.Y. Jets 10

• Jan. 4, 2003 - AFC Wild Card -N.Y. Jets 41, Indianapolis 0

• Jan. 12, 2002 - AFC Wild Card - Oakland 38, N.Y. Jets 24

• Jan. 27, 1999 - AFC Championship - Denver 23, N.Y. Jets 10

• Jan. 10, 1999 - AFC Divisional - N.Y. Jets 34, Jacksonville 24

Add 24 -14 and 17 -14 from this year.

You're right ... I referenced the dates the games took place instead of the seasons ... my bad. Ooooooh ... I'm soooo embarrassed ... I wish I knew as much about football and math as you do! ... you're a fucking wizzard!

It still adds up to a 6 playoff appearances and a 5-5 record. I guarantee you won't find too many teams that have appeared in the playoffs more times over the same period.

So let's see ... a FEW = Three, and never more than that, huh??? Which book did you read that in??? So what about four ??? ... a "handful"??? five ??? ... "a bunch" maybe???? Please great intellect ... tell us all what the rules are.

You're an arrogant jackass ...I wish I could see you crying in your beer after we kick your ass on Sunday...

BTW ... that's about 4.75 days from now ... what do you call that?

#377 truthbtold, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  18. truthbtold

No problem my brother! :)

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

1998, 2001, 02, 04, 06....Maybe he was referring to the date of the playoff games rather than the NFL season...but whatever.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

60 minutes away from a SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!