How Emotional Will You Be With a Win on Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mrgoose, Jan 18, 2010.

1. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I will for sure cry, my eyes were watery when Greene took that 4th quarter run to the house.

2. kbsothman

kbsothman New Member

I'd do a happy dance.

3. Konodmb41

Konodmb41 New Member

first i'll cry, then i'll proceed to run around the streets of new york city screaming like a possessed man in the face of thousands of people

(if you see me, don't hesistate to join the celebration)

4. Quack

Quack New Member

How emotional? I'll be bawling like a Jewish-Italian mother at her only son's wedding to a Jewish-Italian girl.

5. Words can't even describe the joy I will feel. If we ever hoist the Lombardi I have to stay true to my word that I will drive all the way to Providence to the ole' campus and give Patriot fans the same crap they gave me during their run.

6. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

reaction will be slightly below how I felt on my wedding day and when my son was born. 27 years of bleeding green, following #85 from the second he married my cousin, and living for every Jets win since. Just enjoying every second of this week because it usually only happens once a decade! GO JETS!!

7. vajetsfan

vajetsfan New Member

My Father in law passed last Friday and Saturday is his funeral 6 hours away, and I will be driving my wife and her mother home on Sunday, and I will not be home until 4pm, when I will watch the game from the beginning on my DVR. If they win, it will be such a mix of emotions for me. I have never seen the jets in the super bowl (I was born in 1974) and I can't even imagine what that will feel like to watch that game.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm 35.

I have like every other real Jet fan out there suffered countless let downs again and again.

I will not cry if the Jets win or lose.

If we win, I will be the happy as hell that my team is #1 finally.

If we lose, I will be happy as hell that we made it so far knowing that next year we will win it all and stoked that the Jets dynasty has finally arrived.

9. HOI

HOI Active Member

My grandfather was a life long Jets fan. He died in March after the Jets lost the AFC Champ. to Denver. All he wanted to see before he died was the Jets in the Superbowl. When Greene took off on that TD I immedietly though about him. I almost could hear him screaming like he did on Sundays back when I was a kid. "RUN...RUN!!..."Jesus, Mary, and Joesph!" ...."Fuck You Marino!!" ...."God damn it Kenny you motherfucker!

I'm sure if they get there I'll get a little misty eyed.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

+1 minus a few years and maybe add a couple of tears.

(not meant to rhyme, just worked out that way)

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well I was crying as I left the stadium in 68 after we whipped Oak to advance to the SB. Then I only had my season tix since 65 so not much heart break or time invested. This time would be 41 years or so since that grand day so I am sure I will be as emotional this time as I was way back in 68

12. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

This is Rex's team .... "WHEN the jets win this game i'm going to lose it".

13. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

I am 40 .... I believe I am the curse as both of my Favorite Sports teams, "The New York Jets" and "Toronto Maple Leafs" both have not won Championships since right before I was born. I will be vindicated.

In Canada, JETS gear has always been hard to come by. In High School, my parents ordered me a Ken O'Brien jersey, my friends couldn't understand why I was a JETS fan .... The greatest present ever given to me. I bleed Green/Blue and White" Never has one of my teams gone to a Championship game. I will go to Miami, I will go to the game, I may mortgage my home for it. It may NEVER happen again. I will be a zombie, with nothing on my mind other than the JETS for 2 weeks. My wife and daughters will be dragged through this with me as it may be the 4th greatest moment of my life. The JETS will win.

14. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

After the win this past Sunday, once Thomas Jones plowed forward for that final first down - I turned to my wife who already had a tear in her eye (she is a fan, but she was just that happy for me - she has witnessed my heartache and frustrations), as I hugged her my eyes swelled up a bit. Then I just starting chanting J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS!! Then I ate a massive plate of pasta and drank a bottle of wine.

If they win this Sunday, I will def shed a little tear, then use the adrenaline to pound on my liver with several beers.

I CAN"T WAIT ANYMORE...LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This is a great thread. I was actually stunned at how calm I was during the Charger game, I never was concerned about the O in the first half. I was okay with how we were being dominated by the SD D but I was really into how much we were frustrating the SD O. I had the feeling they were on the verge of blow up all game. I was quietly confident and when the game was finished I was happy but not flipped out.

It got me thinking to how I felt during the SB year. The strange thing was none of my friends were Jets fans or that into football. I was pretty much obsessed with the Jets and the SB wasn't a big deal in my neigborhood or with my brothers or father none of who even watched the game. I remeber thinking no team could be 18 points better than my Jets. I went into the basement, turned on the black and white tv with the static and was nervous as could be. After we got lucky on the flea flicker play I got very calm and really enjoyed the game and the win. I kind of feel now like I did when that flea flicker failed for the Colts. I'm not confident or nervous, I just know we can play with anyone and the chips will fall where they fall. I'm going to feel good about this team are coaches, players and management win or lose. If we win it will be satisfying but not over the top. I don't foresee turning over cars and burning tires although looting a nice 60" HD migh be in the cards.

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I've been a fan going on 30 years now (too young for SBIII) and this past Sunday was the most emotional I've ever been over a Jet win. The atmosphere at the Stumble Inn on the UES was insane - I think I hugged and high-fived about a hundred strangers while screaming and jumping non-stop. My throat is still hoarse two days later.

I'll be back there this Sunday and if we beat the Colts... I can't even imagine. If I can stop screaming and jumping around and hugging people for more than a few seconds maybe I'll have time to shed some tears too, and I'll probably lose my voice for a week.

17. BookEndTackles 72&79

I'm 43 and been bleeding the Green since I was playing Pee Wee football at age 10 and 11 and I honestly don't know how I would react. I'm just gonna let the moment take over and just shine in it. After the SD game I just wanted to continue to relive it and watch all the highlights/analysis over again and bask in the glow. I'm sure I will have a ton of memories flooding back filling my head with just unbridled joy.

18. Heavy Metal Thunder

Not sure, might cry a little once I'm done shitting my pants.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

No crying, please. This would be a time to celebrate, not get in touch with your inner feminine self.

A "Yeah, baby!" as loud as I can yell it followed by some whiskey down the hatch.

Sounds like a plan.

And oh yea F Miami!

F New England!

Aren't grudges great?

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I will likely drink all of the emotions out of my brain.