Anyone worried about the officiating for the AFCCG?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by icecreamtruck, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm trying not to get carried away, but this excites the hell out of me too (probably not to hard-on level, though).

I would absolutely love for the Jets to smack Favre around in the Super Bowl and force him into three interceptions.

First things first. Let's find a way to smack Manning around and force him into three interceptions.

2. ChuckUp

ChuckUp Member

You have to worry about calls with the way our secondary & LB's play. We are very physical, and use the whole 5 yard buffer to push receivers around.
    I may be more worried about calls that go to the booth - WTF was that crap review on the fumble yesterday?

3. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Plan on at least one bogus PI call, likely at a critical juncture.

4. ManningOwnsAll

ManningOwnsAll New Member

I'm not worried about officiating. Bad calls happens all the time for us and against us. Same with any other team. I do expect to see a bunch of Refs screwed us threads on this forum after the game.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I have said this several times and I have yet to see where it doesn't happen.

The COLTS get away w/ the most holding on the o-line than any team in the NFL.
    It's blatant and we all know why.

In the last game there was a Push off by Collie...Ironically it was on the record setting throw so It's part of history now and I love the fact that it will be shown over & over again.

Yet, we had PI, IC called a few times....none against them.

Then,
    on a 7 yd route their DB just absolutely jumped on the back of the receiver to the point where even the biggest Manning homer,Dan DierDOOF said it was interference...and...guess what..NO CALL..

IMO..It's obvious but I don't blame the spoiled fans of Indy. All the ever see is favoritism so why would they think that something is wrong?

6. ManningOwnsAll

ManningOwnsAll New Member

Damn already crying, guess your getting warmed up for the refs gave us the game thread. I have seen this happen on forums all year. :eek:hmy:

7. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

I dont think anything out of the ordinary

The refs will make a few questionable calls and we will just stop them to a field goal attempt they will obviously miss

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah I am not at all worried about biased officials in this case. The Jets in the Super Bowl with a young, good-looking, Latino QB has to be the NFL's marketing dream right now. A chance to hook the fastest growing demographic in America and make them fans for the next generation? If anything I think the Colts should be worried. Peyton has his ring.

9. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I think the biggest reason why we feel we get unfair calls on PI's/illegal contacts is because we rarely ever get them. We don't throw a ton of passes and when we do a lot of them are safe.

Those Bengals calls were awful though.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I guess you didn't read it.
    and just by you saying that you've seen it happen all year

HELLO!!!!!!!!

Maybe that's because it's actually happening!
    Take your head out of your ass for 1 second and realize that Manning is one of the NFL's top commodities.

Like I said, you may not realize it becasue you are used to calls or what we like to call BULLSHIT

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

On defense we get PI's very rarely, because the DB's are just very well coached and they don't commit blatant pass interference very often. We get a fair number of illegal contacts because they're coached to maintain contact with the receiver all the way up the field. That leads to a lot of bumping and you get illegal contacts off of that.

The thing that I find most fascinating about the defense at this point is that people just keep throwing the ball at Darrelle Revis game after game even though they are getting nothing out of it.

True (and astounding) fact: Darrelle Revis had the 5th most balls thrown his way over the course of the season. He had like 109 balls thrown in his direction and the NFL leader had 114. What does that tell you about how effective the Jets coverage schemes are even when they are blitzing? More than 20% of the time the opposing QB, under pressure, decided to throw the ball to the guy Revis was covering. Wow.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just saw this thread-----yes I am worried I said it as soon as our game was over!!! Forget about large market bklah blah blah-----Manning will get the calls! Did u see the calls against the Ravens? some were ok some were unreal--and they NEVER evened out. Granted as I say some were legit and bonehead mistakes by Balt but the Colts got every freaking call

13. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Well maybe that's why people say Rivers is the smartest QB in football. He threw at Revis exactly 4 times, out of his 40 some odd attempts. Actually 1 of those I don't think was really at Revis even, it was the loss to LT of 4 yards. Another incompletion to Nanee that Revis batted down. And then 2 to V-Jack, including the INT.

Generally though teams throw to their #1 WR. If you take that away they'll still try it because that guy is their offense. Revis just shuts it down, and that's a big reason why the Jets D is so good.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

didn't we have this same thread last week worried about the chargers getting all the calls? as long as the game seems to be called the same for both sides it does not matter if calls are bit iffy or not as long as there is consistency. i can't bother to be worried about refs throwing games or giving preferential treatment. the better team is going to win on sunday no matter what.