I'm a JETS fan, at least for the time being.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bsaeagle64, Jan 18, 2010.

1. bsaeagle64

bsaeagle64 New Member

Congratulations for your impressive win yesterday in San Diego. I was cheering for you to win from the opening kickoff. As a Patriots fan, I'd like your permission to remain a JETS fan for next week's game in Indy and the Super Bowl. I really think your D can handle Manning's offense enough to keep him from putting up the points he usually does. While I'm very impressed with your O, I'm not totally convinced about Sanchez as a great QB, but if he plays smart (throw the ball away instead of forcing it) and your Running game clicks, the Colts can be, and will be, sitting out the Super Bowl. Just be sure your OL and TEs keep Freeney and Mathis out of your backfield.

Congratulations again, and GO JETS!!!!

2. Jumpseat

Jumpseat New Member

Get hate out of your eyes!!

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

What do you know, another fair weather fan looking to jump ship. I bet you were a Giants fan in '08 too?

4. ........

........ Trolls

My God, this is sad. I can't imagine a Jets fan EVER rooting for the Patriots, and yet this is the 2nd Pats 'fan' we've seen trying to jump on with the Jets. What's going on up there?

5. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

we don't want you! Get out of here son!

A Pats fan rooting for the jets? if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be rooting for the pats to lose every single post-season game in embarassing fashion!

You had your run of dominance. Your teams were amazing for a looong time. Now it's our turn. Enjoy not having a team to root for in the playoffs!

6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

bro youre a fag plain and simple. jumpin ship is gay enough, but in the division?!?! thats ludicrous. you got no spine. i bet when the sox lost to the angels you jumped on the yankee bandwagon too. GTFOH

7. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I think the Pats hate the Colts even more than the Jets, as strange as that is to me. If Brady was at the coin toss he'd probably say he wants both the Jets and Colts to lose somehow.

8. DustinK

DustinK New Member

9. david1023

david1023 Member

Dude, it's not the "Jets" they are rooting for. They are rooting for the brand of football we are playing. The 2009 Jets remind them of the 2001 Patriots. I can tell you, deep down inside I was rooting for the Pats in that SB game. Never again though, lmao. Look where it got them.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

most pats fans hate the colts. they actually hate the Jets more than the colts but notion of the colts winning another SB freaks pats fan out more than the thought of the Jets winning the AFC.

Frankly I don't really care who this guy roots for. I personally would never root for the Pats except maybe if they were playing the cowgirls.

11. bsaeagle64

bsaeagle64 New Member

1) Not all Patriots fans are so snobish that we can't cheer for a team from our Division that is doing better in the playoffs than we are.

2) I'm impressed with the effort the JETS have shown me (and the rest of the NFL) these past few weeks.

3) I'm not only a Patriots fan, but an NFL fan, and I can choose whoever I want to cheer for when my team isn't in the picture.

4) I find my disdain for the Colts much worse than that which I have for the JETS. Call it the lesser of two evils if you wish, but I will still be cheering on the JETS next week, and in the Super Bowl as well, once the JETS take down Indy. If you get beat by the Colts, I will cheer for the NFC team in the SuperBowl to defeat the Colts.

If you guys don't want me to cheer for the JETS this week, then I am ready to throw all of my energy towards the NFC.

GO JETS!!!!

12. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

That's a great analogy. I see you guys more like the 1988 Buffalo Bills (although they were 12-4 and you guys are 9-7). They lost to Cincy in the AFC CG, and Cleveland the following year, but went on to dominate the AFC for awhile. You guys are in your infancy when it comes to being a dominant team. You're all in for a hell of a ride. Enjoy it.

13. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

I don't know how a diehard fan of an NFL team could EVER root for an intra-division team. (except in circumstances that would benefit their own team).

I'm a real Jets fan, and I've been on this board for 7 years. You'll never find a post where I'm rooting for a team that doesn't benefit the Jets. 99% of the other posters in here are like me. Everyone else - go root for the colts. We don't need or want you!!

14. bsaeagle64

bsaeagle64 New Member

1) I'm not jumpin ship. You are still in the playoffs and we are not. I made my decision who I will root for, and I really don't give a darn if you like it or not. Why not root for the team I feel is the best AFC team remaining in the playoffs, not matter what my disdain proves to be?

2) I was never a Red Sox fan to begin with. Always been a Yankees fan!

Go Yankees!!!!

#14 bsaeagle64, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You don't have my permission. Get the fuck out of here.