Hate to be a buzzkill.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rohirrim665, Jan 18, 2010.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

But I have to say this. This is addressed to all the "jet fans" who, halfway through the season, wanted Rex Ryan to "shutup." This is addressed to the fans who said the jets talk too much and need to just play the game and keep their mouths shut.

Also, to the irrational bunch who ruled sanchez out as a future qb halfway through the season. (the last group was not too many, most of us just expressed frustrations with his growing pains but understood that he would develop) I was so sick to my stomach after games like Buffalo (home), both miami games, jacksonville,etc..... But I NEVER, not for a moment, doubted the direction of this team. It was obvious that despite those gutwrenching losses, that this was a different team, it was so obvious! If not for having rookie titles at hc and qb, all those close games would have been wins. This was very obvious to a rational football fan, but what I saw/heard on the messageboard and on wfan, was people crying "SOJ" and Rex Ryan/Bart Scott is a loudmouth, he needs to shutup, etc etc etc....

I know were all riding high right now and were feeling pretty good, so I hate to put a damper on a great night, but Id like all these "jet fans" to stay the fuck home tomorrow. Dont wear your jets gear tomorrow, dont come out and act like you had this teams back the whole way through. Next season you can start over, and hell, if we hit some turbulence at a point some time next season, maybe you can stop and THINK, and realize the direction this team is going in, instead of spewing forth this irrational diarrhea of the mouth.
    Sorry, but I had to get this off my chest. I was so embarrassed to hear all these "fans" suddenly retreat into this fear mode in which they were embarrassed themselves because WE STOOD OUT. And we still stand out, and its great. The only difference is now the results are starting to manifest and the direction of this franchise is beginning to unfold (regardless of next weeks result). I know there are a lot of jet fans out there who kept their head, and im not calling out everyone who had gripes along the way, but to those who abandoned all reason and all hope in this team, stay home tomorrow and think about what you've done. AFC Championship game this sunday.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Save it for after the season. Not saying you're wrong, but just save it.

3. rohirrim665

fair enough, but I had to get this off my chest. Thats why I said this is all regardless of the result next week. At this point in time we have a vast amount of evidence to disprove all these shitty attitudes about this team.

4. jaybny

jaybny Banned

fail fail fail -

stupid thread

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

On another note. The Jets are 4-0 since I've decided not to shave, and since I've got my Jets beer mug. I can't decide which one is doing the trick, so they both stay until the Jets win the SuperBowl.

6. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

What the hell is this crap? Get off your high horse

7. ........

........ Trolls

Just to tide you over, here are a few of my favorites from this season:

8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Kurt seems like alot of fun doesn't he?

9. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

If you never make a stand about anything and just hide all the time until the time is right, of course you'll never have anything anybody can use against you. But that'd be pretty damn boring. I got no problems with anything Kurt said because at the time he was right, the Jets hit a rough patch and have a bad history.

I've got more respect for him than I have anybody that's posting this stuff up now that isn't posting day in and day out, which I know Kurt does. The fans that have been with this team through thick and thin, like Kurt, are the ones that enjoy the victories the most. Not the homers that just show up when the Jets win and hide when they lose and don't give a damn about the team, but just want to drop by later on and act like they were there the entire time and say "I told you so."

Terrible thread, terrible posts. Great Jets win, with some bad posters trying to ruin it.

10. rohirrim665

Its a plea that if we end up losing three in a row somewhere down the stretch next year that maybe we can take a moment, breath, and then think.... rather than jump ship at the drop of a hat. Ive never seen so much rex ryan manlove (deservedly so) from a fanbase that was absolutely ripping him midseason for the unorthodox way that he approached the head coach position.

11. ........

........ Trolls

Haha. He just gets emotional on game day, and I've been waiting for this day. He's a damn good poster every other day of the week.

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

who the hell cares about this? some people are stupid fairweather fans. Kurt is actually a good poster who just gets carried away. I don't agree w/him, but hey - we all are entitled to get ticked off and vent once in awhile - its the TGG. MOST OF US HAVE BEEN BLEEDING GREEN AND WHITE FOR FUCKING DECADES!!! Lets us enjoy this win and relax with pretending that its your job to tell people what to wear or how to enjoy a great win by our NEW YORK JETS.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This is insane. if you've followed this team as long as many of us, you wouldn't even think these things tonight.

I feel sorry for you. Be happy, but there's no reason to beat your chest amongst other fans. Post this on a NE or MIA board. Not here, not now.

Sorry.

14. ........

........ Trolls

I'm sorry, do you post here? Not ringing a bell...

15. triplebean

triplebean New Member

...then don't be one dude.

16. rohirrim665

I agree my timing is bad, but my point is the attitude towards this team now compared to only two months ago is such a stark contrast you would not even believe it was the same season, when I think it was obvious the potential was there the whole time. Am I beating my chest because I saw this great fortune for the new york jets coming all along?hell yea sure. Why shouldnt I? I walked out of every one of those brutal losses this year and still managed to keep a straight head about things and now I feel damn good about it.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

OK. I guess we all react to things differently. For me, this is such a surprise that I can't feel anything negative. i really thought our time was next year. pinch me, I'm giddy.

We can all be happy in our own way. Some vent, some yell, some drink, some cry.

Congrats to you, and to all!

18. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

to be fair to him those were after some pretty tough last second losses.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

All I'm going to add to all this is I've been a fan of this team since I was 5 (1982) and it's moments and days like this that make all the tough days, and the craziness and the bad penalties and the blown leads all worth it. You can check my posts, I've never had a bad word to say or type this season. I expected this at some point, but all of this to be happening now is crazy. Let's all enjoy this for a couple of days and then by the end of the week get crazed to go to Indy and stifle their offense the way we did to SD today. Let's get it done boys, we're only halfway there. Cheers.

20. rohirrim665

very well brother congrats right back to you. What made me think of it was the jim leonhard interview on sny. He alluded to how the fans and the media can be so extremely up and down throughout the season, and it sounded like he was going to elaborate more on that, but he stopped himself short and talked about how some of our fans have the most undying loyalty to the team. When he started talking about how extremely up and down the fanbase and media could be I almost felt ashamed that our fans didnt have this teams back 100% the whole way.
    I could just imagine how tough it was on the team/sanchez/rex ryan during those turbulent times and I think we put a little bit of unnecessary pressure on them (thats new york though I suppose). I cant express how elated I am with the success of this regime in only its first year, though. Things are lookin' fine....