CHFF prediction: Jets 23, Chargers 20

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mst3000, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Damn, that would be sweet. With a competition for the crowd to fill the remaining 4 spots on D.

And we get to draw up the gameplan.

Personally, I think that is far more fair than the ridiculous rules in the NFL now.

2. GreenMachine

BOOM Head shot

3. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Wow, I suck. I didn't know and took the 50/50 chance because looking it up would involve opening up a new tab and well...thats not happening.

Fine.

Both teams have white away jerseys.

= Stalemate. You can't debate this.

4. Quack

Quack New Member

Great, now I have to look up the season stats for when each team used their throwback uniforms. Thanks a lot.

5. GreenMachine

Racist. :shit:

6. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Well would you not say thats a heck of a lot easier than having the Jets fly across the country to play the Chargers? In a game which essentially means nothing.

Think of your team man. Actually its too late, the Jets are in SD now. Still, you can give everyone a day off on Sunday. This throwback method is far more accurate than a game.

7. Quack

Quack New Member

Look, if the teams really want to settle this like men, they can just make the long drive over to Oakland and have a JaMarcus throwing contest. First team that can heave that fatass failure three yards goes to the conference championship.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I am sorry even though the Jets have the strength of schedule advantage, there have been numerous studies that show teams with weak strength of schedules win championships regardless. The 2000 Rams were looked upon as the signature team for this theory when it first appeared.

So to me the fact the Jets played Miami, Buffalo and the Pats x 2 while the Chargers played the Broncos, KC and Oakland really has no real value in determining the outcome for Sunday.

tl:dr: Strength of schedule means nothing in the NFL.

#48 Miamipuck, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  9. Marblex

Marblex New Member

That's all well and good. But who the heck is going to be able to get Russell 3 yards?

Keep trying. We are getting close to determining not only who goes to the AFCCSG, but also the winner of the Superbowl, because whoever comes out on top in what ever contest we come up with, will deserve it.

10. Quack

Quack New Member

Fair point, three yards was a bit much. There's making the teams work for the title then there's asking the impossible.

How about a 3 on 3 basketball game? Jackson, Floyd and Gates against Revis, Leonhard and Woodhead. Goes to 21, win by 3.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, that's exactly the type of matchup I had in my thread:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=53083

Even the final score line is identical. I predicted a 27-20 Jets victory simply because the Jets offense matches up very nicely against the Chargers D, while the Chargers O will have a lot of trouble against the Jets D. A dream matchup for the Jets.