New Playoff Tix Email

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pats-hater, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah... very weird. I actually ordered 2 Parking Passes in case I have to break up my four seats to two cars. If I don't need the other one, I'm sure I can always sell it. Somebody will be buying tix and won't have a PP to get into the lot.

2. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

You and me both. The phone menu also did not have a prompt to speak with someone to get playoff tickets so I just pushed "2" and hoped for the best. The guy took the info on the spot.

3. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Got through (When you call main number, just hit 1, so you can get a live rep)... was told that you pay for the parking pass on the final payment screen (not exactly brilliant web design there) and that you are NOT charged unless there is actually a game; your card would be charged Monday morning, UNLESS YOU MAKE YOUR PAYMENT BY PHONE WHEN YOU SPEAK TO THEM If you do that, your card is charged right then. The "hold payment" option is only available by logging in and doing it online.
    This is new deal for the Jets, who,in the past, like most teams, have asked for payment before knowing if there was actually goinig to be home playoff games. Obviously desperate for good will towards fans with so many PSL's left to sell.

4. Section 227. Row 5

The depth of my cynicism now for the Jets FO has no bounds. I'm convinced they do NOTHING for good will anymore, and everything to fleece the fan base.

I therefore strongly suspect that it's CHEAPER for Woody to do it this way, so that he doen't have to pay the administrative and mailing costs of returning a refund in the mail. Doing it this way is less expensive and it even provides them with another profit center... notice they won't be refunding "administrative fees" or "credit card fees" if they have to refund us. They'll keep them, times the number of idiots like myself who charged them to my credit card. Some good will...

Fuck You, Woody Johnson.

5. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Since the last 2 times I bought playoff tickets and there were no games.. Im trying to reverse what I usually do..and wait..

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

OK, I bought my tickets, even thuogh I may get F on the CC and handling fee which totals $18. I also have a healthy distrust. but since I have four front row tickets and I have a 25 year+ buddy whose Dad had season tickets too for many year I can't f-up. I am afraid mysteriously my tickets order won't go through and I will be in the upper corner. So $18 is my insurance check in case Jets system crashes.

I am praying everyday for superbowl tickets!!!!!! I am wondering whether Jets will do something like a loterry where you get one chance if you are a 2009 season ticket holder and a second chance if you are already a 2010 PSL season ticket holder and a 3rd chance if you are in those $700 seats in 2010
    Also wondering if you win superbowl lottery do you get better seats if you have good seats now. I mean those front row club people pay and arm and a leg do they get the same seats as UD EZ people?

7. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

In the past lotteries. I think .. If you had 20 or more years seniority, your account went in double the amount of seats you had .

#47 ELLSWORTH, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  8. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

And no matter how many tickets are in your accout, you only get 2 for the sb

9. Section 227. Row 5

Let's clarify.

You only get 2 IF you win the lottery. About 20% of the ticketholding accounts will win the lottery. Therefore, somebody who has 40 tickets in one account could possibly NOT get a shot at SB tickets, while somebody who has one ticket in an account could get 2.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

I bought my tickets and 10 parking passes last night. I didn't have any options to apply the money to next year or get a full refund this year. I was told it would just be charged if we have the game. I think they did this in case the system crashes.

Also did anyone see the wait list for non season ticket holders to sign up for to buy tixx on Wednesday? I'm willing to bet it's to get more leads for PSL sales.

11. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

In 1982 season we won the lottery and they allowed us to purchase 6 tickets
    for the superbowl..[ i dont even remember if there was a lottery then] but of course we lost to Miami. We actually had to pay for them before the championship game, and pick them up the following week

In 1998 There def was a lottery and we were only allowed to purchase 2 Had the Jets won, you had to go to the Meadowlands
    the following Monday and pick them up with check.

I think in the 2004 season, they also had a lottery. only allowed to purchase 2 if Jets got to Superbowl..I just remember the letter

Any other old timers remember anything..

#51 ELLSWORTH, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  12. Section 227. Row 5

I think you are correct in both of these years. Of course, anything's possible now with Woody at the helm. He can change it according to how badly he wants to pork the current season ticketholders, which lately has been pretty bad.

So I fully expect that, percentage-wise, less season ticketholders will be offered SB tickets than had been offered in the past, and possibly with even less tickets being offered per account.

This is just speculation, of course, based upon the relentless unprotected anal sex that's been purpetrated throughout the past year by the Front Office and Woody Johnson in particular.

13. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

14. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

This is going to be a disaster for the ticket people if this games comes to fruition (which i hope it does). With everyone printing out their tickets, there is going to be a tonnnnnnnnn of counterfeit tickets floating around. Everyone will print their tickets 2,3,4,5,etc times and its going to be bad news. I hope we have those problems, cause that means we are hosting the game.

15. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

But it will all come back to the original season ticket holder. He will be the one
    who will have his account number on the ticket

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

Let's first focus on this weekend. All this hoopla and for all we know Indy pisses on Baltimore Saturdy night.

17. Hofstra Jet

If they are printed out tickets, you can print out 1000 tickets if you want. The first one to get it scanned is allowed in. I am not saying a lot of people will do this, but there are always that 1 dbag that ruins it for someone. In the parking lot I am sure scalpers will have no remorse taking someones money, and then selling the exact same ticket to another person 10 minutes later.

18. jetsbabe68

jetsbabe68 New Member

Take care of business this weekend, then sort it out.. I've ordered mine... I think a number of us already paid for our tix next year so they can't really hold much more than they already have... Can they??

19. Hofstra Jet

well no one paid for their tix in full for next season, so i guess they can hold that money for next year?

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

paid $1000 towards my $1900 balance
    another $300 drops its to $600 due by may 1st

so do i pay now and chance me living with doubt that i jinx them
    or wait it out????