Chargers Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 10, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

miracle?

this game will be a lot closer than you think.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

I'm building up my argument skills guys lemme give this one a shot...:

The Chargers will lose because they are douchey gheys who are also twats.

Beat that Chargers fans.

3. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

absolutely right,

the spread isnt that much and vegas is almost always close...everyone thinks this will be a good, close game with the exception of charger fans

what have the chargers done in the past 10 years come postseason to make you believe you are a serious threat in the playoffs now?

If the jets had blown it in the playoffs as much as you guys had in recent years im sure we would all be expecting to get trampled...because thats what jets fans do, were pessimistic for a reason, so when it does actually happen theres no better feeling in the world

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Surrusly, duder, after this amazing post...

... I could think of plenty of things to call you, but 'stat boy' is the least of them.

5. Marblex

Marblex New Member

I've been posting here all week and not once have I said your team is inferior.

I agree that Andre Johnson is better than VJ, he is the best reciever in the league.

I also doubt VJ does much on sunday against Revis.

The stats you posted mean pretty much nothing because AJ is the only outstanding recieving threat on their team.

Unfortunately for VJ's stats, he is on a team with arguably the best TE in the league in Gates, an outstanding no. 2 WR in Malcom Floyd, as well as a great slot reciever, 2 great recieving threats out of the backfield, and hell, a fullback that has had a 66 yard TD reception this year. This equates to less catches and yards for each person.

I've always thought number of catches isn't a very good way of determining ability. VJ has the second highest yards per completion in the league, and Rivers has the highest yards per attempt in the league, which means less throws, meaning less catches. Something like 90% of VJ's catches have been for first downs.

Again, I think VJ will be largely ineffective on Sunday because of Revis, but please don't try and make out like Andre Johnson is invincible, and VJ is average.

6. uknowmysteelo

uknowmysteelo New Member

VJ is not "just tall". He's tall, extremely strong, fast, and he catches most everything that comes his way whether he's covered well or not.

Funny, AJ and VJ both have 9 TD's and VJ pretty much sat out most of the last two games. That should be the ultimate receiving stat, no?

I'm not saying VJ is better than AJ because he's really more of a deep threat than anything else.

Regardless, I couldn't care less whether VJ has a big game or not as long as we end up on the winning side. It's really Rivers that you need to worry about if you want to pull off the upset.

7. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Lol, some of you Jets fans are comedy. Okay, hold on to your little dream....I would too. Reality check time, you guys are about to get smoked. Over-confident? No, just that good.

See you next year.

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Boy, this thread's been beaten to death by future predictors. Both teams have the potential to beat each other. The end.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Here's the thing. You're watching your guy every week and as great as he looks, there are 15 WR in the NFL who are big, strong, fast, run great routes and catch everything regardless of how well they are covered. Revis has stopped all those other guys.

10. shockwave

shockwave New Member

So what? Stopping VJ is about 1% of your problems.

11. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

You just set yourself up to eat a giant shitburger come Sunday night. Hope you are man enough to come back and taste it.

12. GoChargers

GoChargers New Member

well dayum, I really think they should put a red and blue suit and cape on revis during his visit to SD.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Just that good? You got a very good O not elite, decent D. Nice team real good not elite. This NFL year there are a handful of teams that are very good who have inflated records. The Chargers are one of them. The Jets are a team that really doesn't belong in that conversation unless of course they are peaking at the right time and their rookie QB can do some damage.

Outside of the experienced QB playing at a high level the Jets have as much over all talent on O and more on D than the Chargers. If Sancez can play to his ability not his rookie status we may well have the better team on Sunday.

14. shockwave

shockwave New Member

I'll do you one better. I'll be man enough not to come bother you after we win.

15. uknowmysteelo

uknowmysteelo New Member

I'll give you that. But I've been watching football for a long time and haven't seen anyone who compares with his exact skill set. I guess he would be similar to Moss when he was with the Vikings and you could just throw it up to him except Jackson outweighs moss by 20 Lbs and is much stronger.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

chargers fans on this board are really setting themselves up i gotta tell ya

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You must have never heard of Calvin Johnson, or Andre Johnson for that matter.

Edit....or Larry Fitzgerald.

18. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Really? Is this really your argument? And you mentioned inflated records too? Let's not talk about your road into the post season then. I suppose by your measure the Jets are elite somehow? And the Chargers are not?

Hey, good luck guys. They say that dreams can come true. Buzzzzzsaw.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you won't see VJ on TV on game day....there are laws that protect the identities of "rape victims".

Praise Revis.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

because you'll probably be hanging from your shower head..