New Playoff Tix Email

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pats-hater, Jan 13, 2010.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Not sure I'm buying it. Those sneaky Jets..

As we prepare for a possible home AFC Championship game (Jets vs. Ravens), we are extending an offer to Season Ticket Holders that allows you to reserve your tickets and parking pass with a credit card now and not be charged until it is definite that we will host a game at the Meadowlands. This is the first time the system has been offered by the Jets and it is part of our commitment to you to provide the very best customer service. We are expecting heavy volume on the website Sunday night and long lines at the Izod Center On January 18th and 19th if the Jets win in San Diego.Due to the expected volume on Sunday, we have also extended the deadline to Monday at 11:59PM to purchase your tickets.

Rather than wait until the last minute to pay, you can log on My Jets Account today, enter your credit card information, and then cheer the Jets on to victory knowing that if both Wild Card teams win, you will get your seats for the AFC Championship game.

We encourage you to take advantage of this offer now and reserve your tickets today by visiting our website at newyorkjets.com.

Simply enter your Account Number, your Pin Number and follow the instructions to secure your tickets.

Please call 800-469-JETS with any questions or to speak to a Jets representative.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

I understand that. The servers would be swamped and would be a huge PR disaster.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

sounds like an ok idea to me. if you're not sure, give me you credit card number and i'll try it out for ya....

4. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

i guess the half season holders don't get any of these e mails

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, I got the same email at 5:39PM:

As we prepare for a possible home AFC Championship game (Jets vs. Ravens), we are extending an offer to Season Ticket Holders that allows you to reserve your tickets and parking pass with a credit card now and not be charged until it is definite that we will host a game at the Meadowlands. This is the first time the system has been offered by the Jets and it is part of our commitment to you to provide the very best customer service. We are expecting heavy volume on the website Sunday night and long lines at the Izod Center On January 18th and 19th if the Jets win in San Diego.Due to the expected volume on Sunday, we have also extended the deadline to Monday at 11:59PM to purchase your tickets.

Rather than wait until the last minute to pay, you can log on My Jets Account today, enter your credit card information, and then cheer the Jets on to victory knowing that if both Wild Card teams win, you will get your seats for the AFC Championship game.

We encourage you to take advantage of this offer now and reserve your tickets today by visiting our website at www.newyorkjets.com/myjetsaccount. Simply enter your Account Number, your Pin Number and follow the instructions to secure your tickets.

Please call 800-469-JETS with any questions or to speak to a Jets representative.

Thank you and Go Jets!

6. Section 227. Row 5

I don't believe there are any "Half Season Holders" at present. At least not for the 2009 season.

7. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. I just put in my CC#. I'm hoping that on Monday, they'll be charging it!

8. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Hard copies of invoices came in todays mail.

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

Anyone going to get the hard tickets if it happens? I would definitely want the hard copy from an AFC Championship game and wouldn't care if I waited on line for 3 hours to get it.

10. John127

John127 New Member

Crazy to even think of this yet, but no, I would never waste my time. The ticket wouldn't be one of the ones we get with our season tickets (big, picture on it, etc.) anyway. It would be a printed ticket from the IZOD center box office - like a ticketmaster looking ticket.

11. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Well since everyone is getting ahead of ourselves.. The letters should be out about the
    Superbowl lottery on how they determine who gets tickets.. For newbies.If your account is chosen you only get 2 tickets even if you have more than 2 in your account..

12. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Im gonna get the hard copy of the ticket. I still have my tickets for last years playoff games, too bad i never got a chance to use them.

13. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Really? If thats the case then im just gonna print them out.

14. John127

John127 New Member

I mean, they have to be - that's what you get from the box office. I can't imagine at this late date they're actually printing fancy tickets for the few that will not print them at home. That's why they are having you go to the box office, because they print tickets from the machines there.

15. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

WTF? I didn't get this email. I got a letter today in the mail with directions on how I could purchase my seats online. Usually, we get the solicitation letter for post-season when the Jets are barely on the bubble in December. This year, they didn't send it and the possibility still exists for the AFC Championship game at home. I'm sure everyone is waiting to see what happens first on Saturday with the Ravens and Colts. Then we wait for the game on Sunday if Baltimore wins.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

I got my Yankees World Series ones thru ticketmaster and they looked pretty nice with the world series logo on it. Not as nice as the ones the season ticket holders got but still pretty nice looking.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

My dad reserved our tickets. I hope it's not in vain.

18. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

i reserved mine as well. At this time, I dont see the Jets screwing over a single person if anything goes wrong. I think its a good idea.

19. Section 227. Row 5

I'm on board. No way in hell am I standing on a 3-hour line to get what amounts to something that looks like what you'd print on your printer anyway.

I also did something I've never done before... if a refund is due, I put it toward the 2010 season. Don't know why, I just figure it's good luck and it'll lower my 2010 ticket invoice in May. Screw it.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My son advised he got the email as well