Tanny provides hint to updoming draft..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Jan 13, 2010.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

We need to upgrade DL. Then OL. Then LB.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Question is, would you be willing to trade for Gholston if he was a non-Jet for a 6th rounder and a fat ass contract? A trade takes the whole contract to the other team and no one will pay Gholston tons to keep the bench warm.

3. Greenlantern88

Greenlantern88 New Member

He is def not worth it for other teams to trade...Your right though maybe Davis has lost enough of his mind to actually invest in this waste of bench space..

We def need a strong DE or NT in the draft...That dude from Alabama, Cody might be available in the 1st, he's one dimensional but all we need is run-stuffing...

4. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Tanny's biggest problem was always trading away and losing depth. If depth is his mindset this year, we're in for a good draft.

5. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

You are reading WAY WAY TO INTO THIS. The question that was asked to Tannenbaum was, "Going into the off season what do you think is the weakest part of this team?". The obvious answer is Mark Sanchez..... But I'm pretty sure the GM of the team is not going to throw his franchise QB under the bus and say he has to get better. (Especially when he drafted him in the first round the season before)

So he answered like most GMs answer a question they don't want to answer.... they give you a extremely broad statement that could have been said about any question asked to them about the post season.

Although I do think we will try to add depth this off season, this statement in no way, is meant to be taken literally when draft time comes around. I am sure that if there is a player that he really wants and thinks the team could really need, he will jump all of over the opportunity to trade up and grab that player.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Does the OP realize how few draft choices we have in this draft...?

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

actually he elaborated on several points as to why depth is so important, this after saying we are not 'one player away'.

i realize until draft day tanny can 'smoke' with the best of them, and this whole thread is not earth shattering. just some much needed OT from the jets/bolts game.

8. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

It's really no surprise to anyone that we need some depth at DT/DE. Another CB and WR would be nice as well.

9. Don G

Don G New Member

I wish we could just cut ties with Gholston. I don't usually consider people busts so quickly but it's hard to argue how poor of a player he is. It would be smart to use this draft to stockpile for depth. I would be interested in picking up a good coverage linebacker if available though but remember, we got David Harris in the 2nd round so maybe we find a gem like that this year too.

10. Footballgod214

when i suggested we trade gholston for a 6th, i meant we should give up a 6th to any team will to take him!

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

We are playing in the Divisional Playoffs, try and pretend that you are a supportive fan and kindly take a break from dumping on our own players for at least a few weeks.

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

We are playing in the Divisional Playoffs, try and pretend that you are a supportive fan and kindly take a break from dumping on our own players for at least a few weeks.

13. Footballgod214

i love gholston!!!!

14. JetsLookingforDWare

Gholston was and is an open and shut case. There is no longer any upside in him. He's had almost 2 years since he was drafted to show something, and all he's shown is 0 skill or likability.

15. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

wonder what tangini thinks about all this

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

remember the greene inactive thing?

inactive he was! inactive no more!

active he is!