Jets fans going to San Diego

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by penny10jet, Jan 10, 2010.

1. GTechSuperChargerFan

Well, been to many many games since I am from there, and I would say the best value seats are by far the first 7 rows or so. I would either get 1st row field or 6 or 7 row. It is supposedly "obstructed" but that is BS - there is no seat in the house with as good an angle as the TV - you go to a game to get the experience and close to the players. You can still see fine.

As for the us fans - we are certainly no worse than the fans at the Jets home games. I mean, seriously. It's San Diego, it's almost always nice, we have good mexican food, we have beaches - it's hard for people to get worked up. There are always D-bags but that is too be expected everywhere. This certainly ain't Buffalo, Philly, Washington, or Oakland bad.

We do have a bunch of Samoan dudes that can get a bit, er, enthusiastic. Always fun for me since I am a Bolts fan, but I dont really recall if they pick on other fans. It's the playoffs - every team's fans are going to be pumped up. You gotta man up about it. I respect opponents fans who wear their jersey because it indicates team pride. I dont know why home team fans boo those guys - it'd be boring with all home team fans at a game. Hey, this is San Diego, we have pretty hot women and guys. Enjoy it.

I might be behind the 40 yard line around row 4 or 5 behind the jets bench. Maybe I'll see some there. I have a lot of Jets fans friends who are sometimes annoying, but there's no doubting their loyalty.

2. GTechSuperChargerFan

Hey man, do you have room for some more? My dad and I got tix and would like to meet some fans...we arent big eaters but would love to bring some beer, buns, etc. or whatever you guys need. I havent been back for a home game in a long time but I go on 2-3 road games a year.

3. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

THIS was the game I was arrested at.

4. AirFouts

AirFouts New Member

FOr sure you guys can stop by

"Hey man, do you have room for some more? My dad and I got tix and would like to meet some fans...we arent big eaters but would love to bring some beer, buns, etc. or whatever you guys need. I havent been back for a home game in a long time but I go on 2-3 road games a year"

No quote button so had to work with it haha. For sure stop by all fans welcomed even Jets fans, at the end of the day its all fun and all we can do is cheer for our side and to have the best time possible.:beer:

5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

You are not ABOVE the players heads. You're basically on the same level ground with them, directly behind them. The seats don't rise right off the field - it's a very subtle slope up.
    Imagine standing behind one NFL player and trying to see through him. Then imagine trying to see any part of the field with an entire roster of NFL players standing in front of you. They're cheap tickets for a reason.
    If you just want to be in the stadium and NOT see the game at all, then they're truly great seats and the Jets players will definitely interact with you before, during and after.
    But the standing thing will not be tolerated by the rising rows of season ticket holders behind this section. Seriously. Especially when the Jets take the lead or do anything good.
    I felt my enjoyment for the game completely handcuffed in these seats, which is what led to me being literally handcuffed.

6. ShaunPhillips

ShaunPhillips New Member

Trust me you do NOT want tickets on field level below row 10, especially at the crazy prices they charge for field level. Yes everyone in that section stands the whole game but you still can't see much outside of the bench. Also, what if some giant is in front of you standing...you're screwed. I sat/stood down there for the Bengals game cause I swapped seats with someone using mine and hated it. My season tickets are west end zone loge (section 21) and I love them, you get to see all the plays develop which I enjoy. Anywhere in Loge, Plaza or even lower view is better than field. If you're still debating about Field level, I can send some pics from the Bengal game so you can have a look for yourself (or send pics from my seat) to give you an idea.

As for wearing a Jets jersey, you'll be fine in groups especially, and by yourself as long as you aren't running your mouth too much. There were about 20k philly fans down here for the Eagles game and we get anywhere between 10k to even half the stadium of opposing fans on any given week. Plenty of friendly shit-talking back and forth and most of the time everyone is friendly when discussing the game. If you run into the former-Raider fans or the drunks (you can just tell by looking at them) theres really no need to speak unless you are looking for trouble.

After a loss anything goes though, so I've seen.

7. bcjets212

bcjets212 New Member

Tailgate at Qualcomm

Hey guys... I usually post over at the ESPN boards, but figured I'd fill you guys in on this too...

My friends and I are trying to get a big Jets tailgate going at Qualcomm sunday (and already have a few others joinin in)

If you're interested send me an email at jetstailgateinSD@gmail.com

Its byo food, drinks, etc, but its awesome when you can get a bunch of Jets fans in the same area... I did this for the Miami MNF game and it was awesome...

(and if someone doesnt mind reposting this as a new thread that would be great... i guess i need 50 posts b4 i can do it myself)

(and this is def not spam!!)

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I may attend, but know that Jonnyd is a lock for this game, he's told us so ten times over. He wants to know if your group is tolerant of "alternative" lifestyles.

9. bcjets212

bcjets212 New Member

As long as that alternative lifestyle entail wearing green and white, all are welcome

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

He'll be happy to know that!

11. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Ugh, so I'm flying into LAX around 11:30 on Sunday. Looks like I won't be able to make it to San Diego for the game.

I was wondering if anybody knew any good places in LA to catch the game

12. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Jay Feely is offering tickets on Twitter, took my idea for a contest - best picture he receives of someone punting at the same time as doing their normal job wins 2 tickets. :lol:

13. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Well I mulled over it for sometime but still think I would prefer 2 rows from the field over nosebleeds. I picked up 2 tickets Field Section 2 Row 2 off Stubhub. Now I have to deal with the excruciating time between now and Sunday!!

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Make sure to send us plenty of pictures of man-ass and backs of heads....

Just kidding, glad that you're going. Enjoy the game!

15. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Hahah between Rex & Faneca I'm sure the entire field will be covered.

16. sdbound

sdbound New Member

JMO, If you want Field seats sit in sections 10-32, or above row 18. If you have trouble standing for long periods avoid Field completely as they will be standing the entire game and get seats in Plaza or above. Loge seating (especially in the west end zone) are an excellent value if in your price range.

Sections 54ish-61 and 1-8ish will be facing the sun.

#96 sdbound, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  17. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Traffic will be light.

Drive down the 405-5-805-Friars Road to the Fenton Marketplace (the shoping center just west of Qualcomm) park, get on Friars walking to the stadium where the scalpers will be desparately trying to sell their remaining tickets and get in. You can make it.

Just remember where you parked.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

:lol::lol: alltime! :up:

:jets:

19. ........

........ Trolls

How much would it cost to bump that up a couple of hours?

20. cassie96

cassie96 Member

It is Cally-For-Nia!!!! Of course Jonnyd will fit right in!!!

Do us proud, Jonnyd and wear your best green tights!:chargers::chargers::chargers::chargers:

#100 cassie96, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010