If I'm Marvin Lewis, I'd Attack The Jets By

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Jan 8, 2010.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I see the OP also watched Jets Gameplan last night on SNY.

Good job GSJr. I saw it too.

2. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

If I'm Marvin Lewis, I'd attack the Jets by doing what my team does best: give the ball to Cedric Benson early and often to try and loosen up the Jets interior defense, then hit them over the top with some play action. If it sounds overly simplistic its because it is: trying to get fancy against the Jets defense will get Palmer killed.

Cincinnati is one of the few teams in football that plays as physically up front as the Jets do. If they win the battle at the line of scrimmage and Benson can get them some decent yardage on early downs, then they'll win the game. If they can't establish the run, they'll lose. It's pretty much that simple.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

:lol:

Come on now. Let the poor guy dream that he can come up wiht his own Ideas....or not. :up:

4. ........

........ Trolls

Ahahaha, seriously? Well done, good sir.

5. N8n619

N8n619 New Member

If I am Lewis I tell my D to make the Rookie beat us. Try to stop the run

Get the Crowd into the game early if possible

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I worry about the bombs to people not covered by Revis and the underneath stuff for 7-8 yards. Not so worried about the run for some reason.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

he tried to make a game plan but after watching the jet d on film he just couldnt come up with one....

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no fucking shit, but we're the ones discussing the possibility, not Rex. obviously he isn't thinking about it, but as fans who don't have to do anything to prepare for the Bengals game other than decide what chips we want with our beer, most of us have the mental capacity to do such as well as consider future possibilities without one hindering our ability to do the other. I say some, because obviously your worrying about it indicates an inability to do so or fear of such.

for fucks sake.

9. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

I think this is a good topic, was actually thinking to start this thread. But if I were Cinn. I would study the film of the Pats game we lost and try to replicate the Pat's scheme. That would mean that they would be playing with an empty backfield and picking up our blitzs.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Which one?

http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.foschi/profile?id=FOS047461
    http://www.nfl.com/players/danielcoats/profile?id=COA673362

To me, I think even Shaun Ellis would be able to cover any of these. Their TEs are as good as Hartsock (Except, they might not commit a penalty that almost ruins a playoff bid).

11. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

That was some rant.

When you're done catching your breath, please consider taking a cup of coffee out of your morning routine.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Here's how this game plan would/could be counter attacked:

1. I wouldn't even worry about it. Revis will take out 85 no matter what your game plan is.

2. Coles is not the same anymore. Neither is Sheppard, but he isn't in his 30s and can still cover him.

3. They don't have a TE that can be highly involved. Jets LBs shouldn't have a hard time against em.

4. The Bengals passed a lot because they were down from the get go. Stack the box and induce the Bengals to take on Revis, Sheppard, and the number one passing D. Our Run D is also decent.

5. Short and quick passes may be the only way to get a hold of this D. We blitz far too often than any team in the NFL. Screens and quick passes can get them some yards and keep this D from blitzing too often. I would keep an LB on Cedric at all times even when we blitz. Move the corners up on short yardage situation. Bring in the safety and let the Bengals try and attack you deep, rather than screens and quick passes. Take a risk. We were burned once this yr (FU Tedd). Maybe a few other plays, but none like that TD.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Larry Johnson has pretty good hands and still can run. I might slot him in as an H back and try and hit the inbetween passes with him. The Jets get killed by running backs and slot recievers who can get between the LB and the deep routes.

I could see him lined up with Benson and utilizing him in the passing game very effectively.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah this sounds right. If the run game gets stopped then Palmer will have 5 or 6 guys rushing him on those 2nd and 3rd and longs. If it doesn't then he'll have all the time in the world to complete passes on 2nd and 3rd and short.

I'm guessing that if things go right for the Jets it will look a lot like the Pats game week 2 with Cincinnati trying to establish a running game early and then giving up and letting Palmer throw a lot against a swarming defense.

If things go wrong it will look like more like the Jacksonville game with both teams pounding the ball on the ground and the veteran QB outperforming the rookie when it counts.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Foschi has only started 10 games, and had 27 catches for the season - not much. But he had 7 against SD, so he is capable of having a good number of catches.

Coles also had 4 for 48 in that game. He helped. Andre Caldwell is another who could help Cincy.

I mention those guys since I doubt Ocho gets many catches. Palmer is a very good Qb. If he's going to beat the Jets, he will have to spread it around.

16. tmoecincy

tmoecincy New Member

Good post. I think that is what we will do since it's so cold here I think both teams will commit to the run and stay with it. Only problem is all of our tight ends are pretty dinged up. I think Coles and Caldwell will be your big play makers this week for receivers. Look for Foschi to catch one in the end zone.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Bahahahaha. You're fake team and your real team are both out of the playoffs. Bitter? Hahahahaha!

18. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Actually, I live in Philly and don't get SNY or Jets Game plan.

Unfortunately, however, Marvin got my thread. COles...!