The Original Cesspool

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Nov 22, 2009.

?

Who contributes the most to this heap of shit thread?

1. Jtrain

27 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. Tanknyc

22 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. firemanedjr

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. TurktheJetFan

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. I love Beer

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Is this the new trash talking forum?

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i don't know maybe im missing the inflated expectations? all i saw in the preseason was people predicting 6-10 to 8-8 and everyone seemed ok with that. were we supposed to play 8 great games and then get blown out in the other 8? we are currently a mediocre team and this is what mediocre teams do. they are good enough to play with anyone in the league, the problem is they are just as likely to lose to the lions as they are to beat the colts.

2. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

I agree with you, brother. I've been watching this team since 1975. I'm also sick of this shit, and I understand the frustration!

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hey mods, start dumping retarded bullshit into here please.

4. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

you're not wrong. in fact you're probably right. but to lose games in this fashion is inexcusable. Like i said earlier, if sanchez were throwing stupid picks like this at USC, Carroll would bench him. If any of the top 10 teams in college football missed three under 40 yard fg's, they would make changes to that unit...guaranteed! it's one thing to make "rookie mistakes" it's another to be totally careless and sloppy. we should expect more from this team. they're better then what they showed today

5. toontheman88

toontheman88 Member

You are a moderator on a fan message board, awesome. If its a waste of your time, don't read it. P.S. You are a homo

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ you missed the memo about why this thread is here.

speaking of which, I'd love the power to start removing retarded threads from the main page. I could clean half this shit up in about 2 mins.

7. ukilledkenny

this year i expected exactly what we have seen. we have the talent to beat any team in the league it just hasn't come together. a talented team is going to be in close games most of the time. it is the little stuff like holding kicks that needs to be addressed in the offseason. if sanchez is throwing away games like this next season i will be much more critical of him. i have always seen this year as a throw away year for the greater good. hopefully all this game experience he is getting will be worth it in a year or two.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I wiped my face with Mr. Hankey after the game.

Another ST meltdown.

[​IMG]

#308 GreenHornet, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  9. Benny the Jet

that's fine, i understand what your saying. but the bottom line is despite it all, we are in the middle of a playoff race and like it or not, sanchez has to know better then to make some of the mistakes he's making. he's shown little progress if any (some would even say he's regressed) over the coarse of the season. my feeling is that the organizational philosophy needs a complete overhaul (not dissimilar from the mets, my other favorite shitty team).

I thought we were on the road to fixing some of the major issues this year, but mistakes like this just can't be tolerated. Otherwise we will be dealing with the same nonsense year after year. I really like Rex and i hope Mark can grow and get better, but the stupid mistakes are just inexcusable. If Kellen can't handle holding a snap, then he has no place on the team! Lord knows he's not gonna be our savior at qb. it's stuff like this that drives a lot of fans, myself included, crazy.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You have every right to feel this way. I'm sure a lot of us do. This team is heartwrenching.

11. ukilledkenny

of course it isn't acceptable to make some of the throws he has made. when he was named the starter for the year this is what had to be expected. very few rookie qbs find consistent success in their first year. we have gotten to see flashes of what sanchez can be this season. the plays where he makes the right read and throw are usually very pretty, its just a matter of him working through the growing pains and coming out in the other end a very good qb.

i think he has a great attitude towards everything so i am very confident that he will get it all worked out. his work ethic has also been continuously praised. patience is hard to come by in football but we need to show some as a fan base, because if sanchez develops like he should and rex keeps that defense playing at this level we become a perennial super bowl contender.

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

There is one thing fun about a loss and it's watching Rex pace up and down the sidelines saying everything from $#@%^ to *&^%$!

13. Benny the Jet

from your mouth to gods ears! I hope in a few years we're in the exact position you speak of. and as for patience, that was my exact mantra all off season/preseason. fortunately, or unfortunately, we managed to get into the thick of a playoff race which just escalated everyone's expectations for the season. maybe it was just a byproduct a weaker afc then in years past, or good jets football, but either way, with the playoffs a real possibility, patience was/is forgotten.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Wasn't the cesspool basically started with a thread just like this? How the fuck did this thread make it to 3 pages without getting merged?

15. Benny the Jet

it was the original my man ;-)

16. baghead

baghead Banned

Poll Will Rex

Be able to eat his breakfast in the morning ?

17. 624

624 Banned

Awful thread, Rex never leaves anything on the table.

18. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

If Rex tries to eat away his sorrows, he could clean out a Chinese buffet.

19. 624

624 Banned

Including the Chinese people.

20. baghead

baghead Banned

PMSL :rofl: