Arrelious Benn to Enter Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Tennessee Jet, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I mentioned in an earlier thread, Benn made a mistake going to Illinois.

Benn was one of the most highly recruited players a few years back...he had alot of options. Benn was one of the best High School players ever out of the DC area.

Juice Williams just didn't get the ball consistently to his receivers this season.....including Benn, Fayson & Duvalt.

I was lucky to see Benn live this year and he looked very quiet vs Cincy. He had one nice reception for approx 50 yards.

With only just under 500 yards this year, I expect Benn to be at best, a very late rd 1 pick....same area Hakeem Nicks went last year.

3. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Even if we hold on to Edwards for next year, I still wouldn't mind taking Benn. Talent is talent, can't get enough of it.

4. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Ron Zook worked his voodoo magic on the poor kid and might have cost $5 million.

Anyway, I think I'm with most people on this board that are hoping that Tanny looks to bolster the aging offensive and defensive lines.

With that said, its tough to ignore a guy as talented as Benn. Being able to catch 60+ balls from Juice Williams (in 2008) is unbelievable. I wouldn't want to go there with the first pick but how about a second? Any chance he falls that far? Or will be bust out at the combine?

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

meeh.. the 2nd rd will probably be a 3-4 DE gold mine... and that's a far more compelling need then a WR... especially with the 2011 draft getting closer.

The higher I won't be extremely pised off we take a WR is rd 3 (in case we somehow get a 3rd rounder) in case some talent falls... like say a Golden Tate or a Jordan Shipley (excellent PR)...

#5 Mambo9, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009