Time to Choose: Patriots or Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 4, 2009.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I don't even know why a Giants fan would care about this game.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I choose none!

Miami will lose out all the games. Would be lucky to win one at most. So if they beat Pats, it will help us out.

The last game against Pats was very important and we lost. Now we can only pray that Jags n Texans are on the verge of the playoffs and knock out the Pats.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'll preface this by saying I do not think the JETS will be in the playoffs.....

but..... out of the schedule between the 2 posted, I could see the PATS winning out after this weekend, and don't see the Dolphins doing the same, but look what happened last year. One one side of the coin, the Dolphins winning makes for a high risk / reward scenario (potential '02 repeat) but the Pats putting down a team that will hold all tie-breakers wouldn't be a bad thing and the JETS can aim for a wildcard. I'll watch, dreaming for a tie, because if the JETS don't win out (extremely doubtful) I don't see them going to the dance.

Also, the Texans are in JAX and they ALWAYS give the JAGS fits, even when they were the worst team in the league, knocking them from the playoffs at the end of the season in the past. Hope for Cincy to keep winning then maybe hope for a "rest" week 17. I don't see the Colts resting week 16 however as they will most likely already have a bye-week wrapped up at that point.

:shit: :jets:

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Is this a serious question? You root for the Phins and you root hard! If the Phins somehow beat the Patriots we will be one game back and the Patriots will have lost 3 of 4 and reeling coming down the stretch.

Now I don't think it is likely that The Patriots lose two of their remaining four games nor do I think it is likely that the Jets win all four of theirs. We still have to root for it though.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Looking at the Pats schedule, I'd say we root for the Pats.

They have a cakewalk the rest of the way while the Phins don't and they suck anyway.

6. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I think the Jets can certainly beat Tampa, Atlanta and Cincy (will be resting everyone). That Indy game is the tough one. However, if they've wrapped it up by week 16, they may hold a little back. We'll see.

I hope the Pats win sunday to get the dolphins out of the race. There is almost no chance the Jets catch pats. The pats also play jacksonville later in the season, so we'll have to cheer for them again.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I won't root for either. Let the chips fall where they may.

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

[Blank] vs. Patriots.

I'll be rooting for [Blank].

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Sea Mammals for the win. Being one game back would be big. What sucks is that the Jets have only 2 Divisional wins. That's going to make it rough. If they beat the Patriots a few weeks ago, things would be much different. Then again if we beat the Dolphins and the bills those other weeks, we'd be in first.

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Pats.

We're not winning the Division. That's about as nice as I can put it. The Pats don't play anybody tough for the remainder of the season and we have to win out all our games to be almost guaranteed that last WC spot.

If the fish win, they're gonna keep contending for that WC spot and because we failed against them twice, they would be a thorn on our side coming down the stretch. I just want them completely out of the picture, rather than seeing them hang around.

After this week tho, I'll be (shudders) rooting for the Phins to beat a couple of teams that we need to lose to stay in the hunt. Go...(shudders)...fuck yourselves Patriots.

11. Jetsss

Jetsss New Member

Tough choice....won't know till I start watching it

12. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

ugh, I hate even the thought of rooting for either...seriously, do we get equal benefit if the game ends as a 0-0 tie??

13. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

As it stands right now, none of the AFC East teams are taking the wildcard. You guys are fools if you root for NE. Your best chance is if the dolphins beat the Pats thus making you and the dolphins 1 game away. After that you control your own destiny and only need a little help to win the division, while STILL having chances for the wildcard. Remember they(pats) have 4 games against AFC teams and the jaguars and texans can give them a run for their money anyday.

Just to go on record, I don't think the dolphins make the playoffs. The schedule is too hard, but I do want them to beat the Pats on sunday because, well.....they are the Pats.

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The Patriots haven't won a road game all season. Why would they start now? Their only win away from Foxboro was the neutral site game in London.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Because Buffalo wiped the floor with the Dolphins and we saw how bad Buffalo is.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

im rooting for the dolphins cus without RB they arent making a playoff push. Depending on the standings week 16 and 17 ill root for or against the pats cus they are playing jags and texans if i remember correctly.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What position does Ricky Williams play again? Oh and hasn't he had three straight 100 yard games?

18. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

Yes but the coaching staff is scared to give him too many carries worried that he might start smoking the good stuff again. They opted to take him out of the game against the bills because he "had too many carries in the first half". Yep, dolphin's coaching mentality is taking us nowhere. It's called shooting ourselves in the foot.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Don are you kidding me. Having Ronnie Brown takes their wild cat to a whole new lvl. When you know they are handing the ball to Ricky who doesnt throw the ball like ronnie does the wildcat is not that effective. On top of that they are worried about giving the ball to ricky to much. With a poor passing game they need their running game to be top notch which it isnt without Ronnie Brown

20. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

And on top of that if you want to get technical, with Ricky doing it, it's just a direct snap with no one doing the sweep, so no wildcat, not like they used to do it anyways.