1st time at Meadowlands tomorrow... someone gimmie a rundown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tdoublee, Nov 14, 2009.

1. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

Long time Jets Fan but moved from NY in 87, so I'm familiar with Shea but never been to the meadowlands for football. I'm finally close enough (VA) to make the drive to NJ tomorrow at 0-dark-30.

What time should I be there? I see people complaining about parking, whats up with that? Anything else I need to know? Tailgaiting? Should I not drive and maybe take a train / bus from somewhere?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread or if there is an old thread for newbies on this.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

gates open at 8am tomorrow.park where ever you like.how many in your crew? and where are your seats?

3. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

Just 2 of us, in section 111. Its a 4 hour drive so I was planning on leaving at 6 to get there at 10AM.

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

You have a parking pass right? Make sure you don't get there later than 10:00am. After that, the lots close by fill up quickly.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You're in my section. Best seats in the house right on the 50. Enjoy.

6. ridetilidie21

ridetilidie21 New Member

The deal with parking is that you're required to have a pre-paid permit in order to park in the stadium lot. If you do not have this permit you will have to park in one of the satellite parking lots away from the stadium and take the shuttle bus (school bus) to the stadium. The parking fee for the satelite lots is $25 and tailgaiting is not allowed in these lots. Your best bet is to have a parking pass which allows you access to the stadium parking lots where tailgaiting is allowed and prevelant. If you don't have a parking pass you can usually find one cheap on ebay, or if not you can try stub hub or mayeb even craigslist (aalthough i doubt there are any for sale on craigslist in virginia). On ebay or stubhub they can e-mail you the pass so you will have it in time for them game. Like 17 a said the gates open 5 hours prior to kickoff so 8am, the sooner you get there the better if you have a pass because the more time to tailgate the better :beer:. Weather should be nice, make sure you come ready to make some noise because our team needs our support.

7. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

Thanks for the info, esp with the parking passes. I'll try to scope that out now!

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

jetbo is selling a parking pass in the buy/sell tix forum

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

ohhh...if you bring your daughters, they're required to use the 'D' stairs.

10. KBJET

KBJET Member

You actually can tailgate in these lots, but they are nothing compared to the lots near the stadium. If you want to grill you have to go to a small little parking lot that holds around 20 cars and then you can grill and do whatever you want there. I went to the Miami game and did this and it was just a hassle. Definitely get a parking pass because if you park in the lots then the satellite bus takes you nowhere near the stadium and you have a pretty far walk.

11. ridetilidie21

ridetilidie21 New Member

I 'know there was a spot to grill in the satellite lots. The one time I didn't have a parking pass and i parked in the satellite lot i actually saw a cop roll up to a group that had one of those mini grills going and he made them shut it down and put it away. I was under the impression that no tailgaiting is allowed outside the main lot. Whatever the case may be definetly get the parking pass because the bus literally dropped me off at least a half mile from the stadium, and then you gotta walk that half mile again after the game to get to the spot to wait in a long line for the bus. Major hassle. Considering the price is $25 for the satelite lots your better off spending extra money to just get a parking pass.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

GIVE YOURSELF enough time to enter the stadium if you want to make kickoff--------the lines get long as they search you on the way in and if you try and enter too late you will miss kickoff--------give yourself at least a half hour

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Hey bud. I'm in section 111 row 2&3 1st 2 seats in both rows off the isle.
    Drop by and say Hello:up:

14. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

Damn I didn't see this before I left, I was right above you in row 16 1st 2 seats off the isle. But anyway, I had an awesome time except for the end of course. I'm hooked, the fans were great, and I'm already looking for tix to the next game. The view from that section is awesome.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

save your money dude

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Really? Hooked? I would be trying to get my money back. You are an amazing fan!

17. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Besides losing a jets game is a hell of an experience. Losing is just an integral part of a jets game unfortunately, everything else is fun.