PS3 Online Madden Franchise Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yea, I know.

It's really easy for some reason. I guarantee that some of the guys are using money plays against the CPU, but oh well. If that shit happens during USER vs. USER games, just report it. Everyone should know the rules - you can't run the same play over and over.

I've been putting up a ton of points, but if I see a guy gaining too many yards, I don't use him anymore.

The only reason I put up 63 on Kansas City was because of both of Cribbs' returns...otherwise, I would've had a realistic 49 points.

I try to play the game as legit as possible. My offense actually has balance this year and I've done a damn good job of protecting the football: no interceptions with David Carr through 3 games.

2. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

CPU defense specifically is weak as shit.

I mean, I use every single running play that I possibly could use because they can't stop it for shit. Whether it's Lendale White or Reggie Bush, only difference is if I time my burst off my last and final block with White, they'll still catch up to me.

Some of us are passing for 400-500 yards a game easy, I'm choosing to run for 200-300. I wish we had more users, but at least the games are getting played quickly and things are moving quick towards the REAL season (playoffs). This is a plus. We are on pace to hit the playoffs in two weeks.

3. Monstar

Monstar New Member

Week 3: Bears v. Lions

Score: 49-7

Game was a blowout. Decided to just throw the ball instead of running. Haven't been running a lot and when I have, I have been running dumb plays. I'll save my run game for the users I play.

Offense

Cutler: 30-41 369YDS 4TD-OINT
    Forte: 15 YDS 2TD 46 Rec.YDS 1TD
    Robiskie: 196 YDS 3TD

Cutler is now the leader in YDS and TD's, and Robiskie is now the leader for YDS and TD's.

Defense

3 Sacks

Special Teams

Hester: 1 Kick Ret. TD

4. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

Whose the new guy, I believe he is the texans? Does he post here?

5. Monstar

Monstar New Member

There is a new guy other than me?

And I sent you a counter trade, check it out. If you want to send me a counter offer just send it over.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

CrossRhodes25...

He PMed me last night and I told him to join the AFC South with you guys.

7. thebrickwall423

Nice... sent you a counter offer

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

CrossRhodes is Soss' little brother. Give him hell :smile:

9. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Scik, tell your brother I'm available to play now or any time tonight if and when he gets off Modern Warfare.

10. Matty Jets

Saints mauled the 49ers, 41-40. Twice I had opportunities to drive down the field and kick the winning field, this after blowing a 37-27 lead with 2:15 left. My offense is pathetic. Two scores were the result of Figurs kickoff return TD and Sopaga or whatever his name returning an INT.

Anyway, twice my rookie Tolliver was WIDE THE F OPEN in the post in the final seconds but Sedrick Ellis came away with user deflection while being blocked and another tip and INT - this is a defensive tackle, folks! Ellis also forced and returned a fumble for TD while I was ahead. San Francisco was EXPOSED.

This team and I SUCK. Horrible playcalling by me too. Saints fucked up my run tremendously, probably because it's the Niners offensive line vs. the crazy Saints.

I get Bill Parcells' Rams next week, and I predict many yards gained against my defense and plenty of pics. Oh yea, Nate Davis threw 5 of them.

#70 Matty Jets, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  11. thebrickwall423

Good Game Rmagedon

I won 42-27

Pretty ugly game for both teams. Alot closer then the score indicated. I had two pick 6's, one with Bobby Carpenter and another with Finnegan. Pretty ugly game by both offenses. Filled with turnovers. I finnaly got a damn sack.

It was 35-27 with 20 seconds left . I had the ball at his 38 yrd line,4th inches and i punt the ball instead of kicking the field goal. He muffed the punt at the one and i recovered it at the 4 and punched it in with forsett.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Bahahahahaha

13. Jam.

Jam. Banned

What the hell is this? A bye week in week 3? Lmao.

14. Jam.

Jam. Banned

check your PMs real quick.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I replied real quick.

16. Matty Jets

Saints D is a problem for offenses, at least its rush defense....or the SF line is horrible. I only gave Gore 10 carries so that's on me for not sticking with the run.

But good game Scik's bro.

Mr. E, I replied.

#76 Matty Jets, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I had a lot of problems with the Saints' defense as well...mainly because Jared Cook is a little bitch and he fumbled for no reason at the goal line.

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Well, in his defense...his run defense is retarded good. He makes you one dimensional. And once he does that, he can blitz at will....

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

It was a good game.

I get so frustrated with that game and I just give up cause it pisses me off. There were so many plays where things don't make sense. How is it that a LB is able to catch up to Felix Jones all the way from the middle of the field to the sideline? Romo was supposed to lob that pass to my checkdown, I hit up + L1 and instead the asshole throws it right AT the Bosch. There was a 3rd down conversion where I was covering your slot receiver on a drag route, and I was off of him about a yard or 2 between the receiver and the QB. When u threw it at him, I hit the triangle button/L1 to pick/swat it down and my LB did nothing. 1st down.

On that TD throw when Terrance Newman (87ovr w/ 90 MCV) shadowed Kenny Britt (82) 1-on-1 in the endzone, I again press triangle/L1 to swat the ball out of the air, and instead Britt goes thru Newman and easily makes the catch. As if Newman wasn't even there. It's shit like that that pisses me off and makes me not give a shit about play selection or winning the game.

I'm not saying ur cheating at all. This game just doesn't agree with me at all. When my LB's or CB's get balls thrown right at their chest, it bounces off of them. But opponents DE and DT's are picking me off.

Oh yeah, also, FUCK ROMO. He fucking sucks.

20. thebrickwall423

I understand, everything pretty much went my way. That one finnegan pick was pretty ridiculus, where he caught it with one hand. That TD throw to britt u are right, I thought it was going to be picked and i clicked on to swat the ball away and instead he some how caught it.

I have gotten alot breaks so far. I have a feeling one of these days all those things that have been going away are going to disapear and im going to lose by thirty.