can't we all just get along?????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ToddisGod, Nov 1, 2009.

1. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

5-1, even if the 1 loss is NE, we have a shot at the playoffs. Obviously happy.

4-2, as long as we beat NE and Buffalo, we still have a shot as well. Obviously happy.

Anything less and it means we lost to another inferior team along the way, effectively ending our season. NOT happy.

The Jets (as well as most other above average teams) are good for 2-3 losses a year that just make you scratch your head. Hopefully we got them out of the way already.

2. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

Brady would have to throw 5int, oh wait thats not gonna happen. Im not just BS'ing either I honestly believe the Jets will lose at NE. We will be ready for the Jets, take that to the bank.

3. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

4 and 2 is not a reach. I can see the Jets beating Jacksonville, Carolina, Buffalo, and Tampa.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Did you watch him get shutdown week 2??

After he lit up the Bills for almost 400 yards.

I honestly believe Brady will be better this time around, but not by much. It's a simple formula, put pressure on Brady and he can't do shit.

With Pace looking like the beast he is good luck stopping it.

That's what I believe...

5. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

6-0 would work.

6. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

True. Over the next 6 games, about the only one we could afford to lose is to Atl. I think if we lose to them, it will be like the loss the the Saints, a good measuring stick to see where we are. A loss to Tampa could really be demoralizing, especially if they are still winless when we play them. Number wise we cant afford to lose to anyone in the AFC let alone our division. I dont think 10-6 is going to get us in though.

7. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

1st of all week 2 is way in the past and doesn't even matter at this point, hell the Dolphins only needed 104yds to beat you yesterday.

2ndly the Patriots are a better team then the Dolphins.

3rdly you're saying Brady has never won a game hes been pressured in <---Now this is trluy getting funny.

But best of luck toya till our game. :wink:

8. Phear

Phear New Member

well he folded in the most important game of the 07 season with pressure on him. and that was before he got injured. just sayin. but seriously welker will be playing this time so i hope sheppard is healthy. if our defense is healthy when we play the pats we have a good shot of winning. Do i expect to? not after watching us get beat by the bills and dolphins at home, just being realistic.

9. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

5-1 minimum to make up for the 1-4 record the last 5 weeks, but I don't see it happening.

10. LordFavre

LordFavre New Member

jets will probably end up 5-1. no way they defeat the bills. t.o has a score to settle with the jets and he should dominate.

11. Kenny

Kenny New Member

what score is that?

12. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Getting to 8-6 is basically the goal IMHO- that should put the Jets in striking distance.

10 wins should be able to get it done- the wild card is still wide open IMHO. The Jets will need to play a hell of a lot better than they have though. Beating New England again would go a long ways though to making me positive again.

All in all, I'd rather be in our shoes than that of Giants fans FWIW.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes, we can all just get along.

14. Phear

Phear New Member

i see what you're doing. lol

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This place would be a lot more civil if we were 6-2...

Trust me.

16. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Its not that we are just picking on your grammar, or your paragraph structure, it is honestly very difficult to read a block of text like that. I look at that and I really don't want to even deal with it, and many feel the same way.

I don't know why it is like that, but my brain just says, fck this, its a big mess of words... it's just the way it is. So if you want your posts read by a high % of people then I highly recommend paragraphs. They make a HUGE difference regardless of what message board you are posting on.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Looks who's talkin'.

The other day I asked why people thought Winston Hill should be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I spent close to an hour on a post analyzing Hill. You later showed up to insult me and tell me to go screw myself.

18. brunt

brunt New Member

NEVER! :mad:

19. stanner

stanner Member

I'm not bashing, but I skipped the original post as well; my ADD said "don't even try it." it's like looking at one of those magic eye pictures.

And, I agree that it's just an internet phenomenon; people are nicer in person than on a message board.

edit: holy crap, friend! I thought you inferred you were pressed for time between work and your family. You've got 9 threads on the first page, all of which start with a short story that would make Stephen King proud, and you're still posting in all of them!

#79 stanner, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  20. duketogo

duketogo New Member

I agree with the OP. I stopped coming here during the last year of Mangini's tenure, because it just got venomous around here. I think there needs to be more moderation on personal attacks to weed out that kind of behavior.

Having said that, things were pretty civil around here before we lost to the Bills. Success breeds positive posts on here. But as soon as things go bad, so too does the tone of the message board. I do often wonder of our subconscious affects the team somehow...it seems when things go wrong, they go really wrong.