Analyzing the playcalls against Buffalo - Every offensive play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Oct 29, 2009.

1. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Great job Abyzmul, but if ESPN does call, you'll probably have to hand in your JETS fandom and join the PATRIOTS bandwagon. Don't do it!!!!!

2. Ciorson

Ciorson New Member

To me this thread is a great counter-example to the junk "analysis" put on TV. I don't get anything out of the announcers and pregame blah-blah. Its all personalities and guy versions of soap operas. Maybe TV is a bad medium to explain/talk about actual football, or maybe the guys are just lazy or talking down to us.

I really enjoyed the thread. BTW, in play 62, did we have 12 men on the field? (Ducks and covers as he points out a fingerprint on the diamond)

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

they do a bit of breaking down plays and off vs def type stuff, but not nearly as much as you would like. it's mostly an hour long circle jerk...

4. Fman99

Fman99 New Member

Wow, that is some hardcore analysis. Awesome, especially since I didn't get to watch the game on TV.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I had been following that site for a few weeks now. Check out the thread I posted today about that site, I'm surprised I didn't see this thread yesterday.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=50449

Anyway, Keller is rated as the 3rd worst TE in the NFL, and his run blocking isn't very strong. Hartsock is considered the 4th best blocking TE. People were praising Hartsock earlier, so I figured I'd post this.

#65 Jetfanmack, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  6. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

I absolutely loved this thread, great shit Abyzmal, I didn't know you were so knowledgeable and into this, I love looking into analysis after a game, when I opened this thread I had the biggest smile on my face, great job!!!!!

7. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

fantastic thread and analysis. this took a ton of work. nice job abyz!

8. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Totally agree. It would be awesome if Abyz could get paid very well, for all of this great work! :beer:

Get it done today, JETS!!!:up:

9. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Abyz, I know I'm a little behind on reading this thread but I finally had time (at work until 4 AM) and this is the best thread I have ever read on TGG in the 3 years I have been here. It was highly informative and really confirmed and dispelled a few things that I think to myself as I watch games. I cannot forgive Hartsock for that holding penalty but that analysis helped me see how good he actually has been in the running game. Everybody that visits this site on a regular basis should read this because it really gives you some perspective into the Jets offense. Thanks for giving me something to read during this long shift and great analysis!