great blue north report on bollinger

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ekaarons, May 4, 2006.

1. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Bollinger is at best a back up and very replaceable. He will be cut

#21 hoobash, May 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005
  2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Yeah.. I'm clueless.

The Jets saw such potential in him they traded for 1 QB and drafted another.

3. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I don't think the Jets are expecting Pennington to be able to play this year. I think he might get PUPPED. You plan for the worst and hope for the best in these types of situations.

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Isn't the PUP list for non-football injuries?

5. ChuckkieB

ChuckkieB Member

That's a fair assessment.......and I agree.

6. hammer

hammer New Member

Your clueless because your comment was you didn't know how he was in the NFL. The guy is tougher than any Jet on the roster - thats how!
    What do you think the Jets record would have been last year if Pennington didn't get hurt?

7. baamf

baamf Active Member

I believe you are referring to the "reserve non-football injury list". I was going to write my understanding of how the PUP works but found this on the web which is pretty good...

Q:What is PUP??
    A: My answer is based on a Ron Del Duca's Agent Column on ProfootballTalk.Com and an Michael Fegler article regarding Rosevelt Colvin. A player who fails his club's pre-season physical at the start of training camp may be placed on the club's Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. A player on PUP is eligible to receive his salary, but is ineligible for games and practices; he is, however, allowed to attend team meetings. For a three (3) week period beginning with the day after the club's 6th regular season game and ending on the day after the 9th regular season game, a player on PUP may practice with his club and/or be restored to the club's 53 man roster (provided it is done before the day after the 9th regular season game). Note that there are two different types of PUP. Players that land on reserve-PUP are ineligible to play or practice for the first six weeks of the regular season. Players on active-PUP can be taken off the list at any point during training camp. Once a player is taken off active-PUP and returns to practice, he cannot be placed on reserve-PUP later. Please note that a player on PUP will count against the cap.

http://www.patscap.com/faq.html

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

ah. all these lists, it gets confusing.

9. cowboyup

cowboyup New Member

Dude - You may be a hater of Ramsey, but your comments on his interceptions (15+ in a season) and his college ints is a moronic statement. To make a statement that can be so easily refuted with just a little research it not very smart.

10. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

There is no way we get rid of Bollinger. Any depth on the QB position is an illusion. Penny may never be able to play, Ramsey may flop or only be here a year, and Clemens is a rookie. We HAVE to keep Bollinger.

11. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Bollinger is definitely gone, and rightfully so. I like his moxie, but it's him or the newb.

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Just give Bollinger a decent O-Line and the starting RB and he'll be pretty good.

Last season he had that terrible offensive line and the 3rd string RB in...

13. Hazardous Waters

Couldn't agree more.

He served his purpose..(as if there was one)

He showed us he has an arm and quite possibly was auditioning for other teams at the same time.

He can be a halfway decent backup in the NFL with a little more experience and who knows? Maybe if we had a line that was healthy, he may have been a lot better...

14. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

I have to agree with an earlier poster: Brooks is a replaceable 3rd string backup. He DID show a lot of heart and took his shots back there last year, but he is a true number 3 and as such can be replaced if need be. I like the guy, but that's reality. I am by NO means a Ramsey fan (HATED when we picked him up), but those saying Brooks should start over Ramsey are nuts. I'd rather have the wr/qb we just picked up play 3rd string and save a roster spot.

15. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

He actually started throwing a long time ago-just not at full strength-Bradway isnt saying anything to the media because thats the new regime but i was in Florida in February where Chad was training and i watched him throw about 10 yard passes for about 20 minutes

16. azjet

azjet New Member

Now all CP has to do is throw 40 yarders for 60 minutes.

17. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

LOL! Bolly was getting hit on three step drops! Kendall didnt know who he was supposed to block... or at least get in the way of.

PS: I actually would not be surprised if we carry 4 QB's, or if Chad starts on the PUP list, like he should have been last year.

#37 ThunderbirdJet, May 5, 2006
    Last edited: May 5, 2006