Unsung Jet Hero Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vilmatic, Oct 9, 2009.

1. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Reading that Bryan Thomas article, I had to agree that he definitely is an unsung hero, but I think I have a better nominee: Pouha. He has been getting a LOT of playing time and our line, as a whole, has been unmovable and my personal observation is that he has outplayed Ellis for the most part, and in particular against the run. I got a couple other nominees, but his play, or rather the IMPROVEMENT in his play, has really stuck out to me.

Any other candidates for adulation?

2. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

Hard to disagree with your selection. It would be a post-fail not to mention two others: (1) Everyone said Cotchery could not be a number one WR. I think he proved the league wrong. The basis for talking about Cotchery simply is the authority and talent we see on the field, on a consistent basis; and (2) Marques Douglas -- any question this man does not exceed K. Coleman's talent/production? MD has been more than solid, and forever underrated.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The entire D-Line. Jenkins gets accolades but the rest of them don't for the most part.

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Erik Smith. Up until this year most of us would have freely defecated on the man while he was sleeping. This year, we'll let him sleep with our sister.

What a difference a coach/scheme makes.

5. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Eric Smith gets my vote.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This week, it is Stuckey and Trusznik. Amen.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jimmy Leonhard has been doing an awesome job and I hardly ever see him mentioned on this board.

8. jnjoewilly

jnjoewilly New Member

coach Pettine- Rex does all the talking & gets all the credit ( deservedly so ) but based on flawless play for the most part on defense, Pettine must be workin his butt off with all the details that come with a top notch D gelling as 1 seamless unit.

Talk all you want of our players, most of these guys were on the field last year. they are being coached up to there maximum talent.

9. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'm with you. Leonhard has been great all season, both on defense and on returns in some big spots. The way that little guy can get to the quarterback is something else too, he's been maybe at his most valuable when Rex dials up pressure from the secondary. The idea that one of the few threads dedicated to him this year was actually a criticism of his return ability is embarrassing.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

+1 we're gonna miss him in two years when he's a h.c.

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I have to go with the versitile and reborn Eric Smith. We more or less buried the guy after last season's performance. He has been a Rex go-to guy in desguising coverages.

Can the fans at the first 2 home games be nominated? With the rowdy crowd, we might actually have ahome field advantage.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Eric Smith

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Gonna go with both kickers here...

Weatherford while unspectacular has been a significant improvement over what we have had the last couple of years, I am finally confident we have a punter who can drop it inside the twenty when we need him to.

Feely has been perfect so far on the season he has made his last 20 kicks, and his kickoffs have been right inside the goal line with great hangtime. How many times have we stopped a returner inside the twenty this year? 3 or 4 times? How often do we normally see that? maybe once a season if we are lucky?

Our kickers are a huge part of why we seem to be winning the field position battle each and every week. They have done everything we could have asked and then some.

14. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Speak for yourself. I wouldn't let him do that until we determine whether he is white or black. :smile:

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Mike DeVito.

16. jnjoewilly

jnjoewilly New Member

good points indeed. ain't it great to have so many unsung heroes wearin green & white?

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Braylon Edwards. I haven't heard his name being mentioned in the last 30 hours...

18. 624

624 Banned

I was going to post this before you did, Pettine is never mentioned about the success of our Defense, he helps a LOT too.

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I think Cotchery proved to be a very dependable WR even with not much talent and a rookie QB in the passing game... also Eric Smith is proving to be important in this hyprid LB/S we use.

Notable mentions could go to Douglas and all the guys in the DL rotation.

Trusnik did an excellent job on special teams and I'm sad he's gone... I hope Fowler will be able to replace him since he is, supposedly, a very good ST player (I almost wonder if we brought him in because we knew we could've used Trusnik in some trades).

20. jnjoewilly

jnjoewilly New Member

well i'm glad I type faster than you then cause it's been my only decent post since 2005 :beer: