Jets trade for Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 7, 2009.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

drove 120 mph in a 65mph

4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Who hasn't?

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

3rd and 5th

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

+1. :rofl::up::rofl:

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He also Jaywalked, that's it, he's gotta go:grin:

8. rockyusmc2003

Oh shit! I'm glad someone told me.

This deal sucks ass now!

9. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Problem is Goodell has him in his sights now. With the extra scrutiny and NY nightlife this has to be a worry. Let's hope guys like Jenks/Scott and some of the Oline veterans get in this kids ear and set him straight.

10. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

What standards are those? He IS a #1 WR, and will remain the #1 on this team, even with the addition of Braylon Edwards. The issues at WR were below Cotch on the depth chart. Cotch is one of the best WRs playing this season, my friend. Edwards came here to compliment Cotch, not replace him on the depth chart.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

How often does this actually happen? Every troubled player is instantly at risk of becoming the next casualty of the Brooklyn Bridge heroin scene the second he's mentioned with New York. How often do these trades prove to be so disastrous?

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Draft geeks get upset when we trade away a 7th rounder.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Everybody's done it once.

14. YSUDomino

YSUDomino New Member

To kbgreen. "How do you like Mangini"

A lot so far. Our lockerroom had the indians running the show with Crennel. Our team badly needed a shot in the arm discipline wise, as well as a coach gm team that wouldn't trade away our draft picks or put us in cap hell making a splash in FA. That's just not how it's done in the AFC North. You build through the draft, and resign your own players. We might be worse as a team than last year, but we're definitely on the long slope up, instead of trying to make the playoffs RIGHT NOW and mortgaging away our future.

Plus when we're talking about the head coach/GM, it's just fun to say ManKok. That's a bonus in itself.

15. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Who cares what WR is labeled #1 or 2 . They'll both be on he field and that will certainly open up options. Let the defenses worry about who is 1 or 2 by deciding who to double.

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Jason Trusnik, Chansey Stuckey and draft picks in the third and fifth rounds in the deal, is what Schefter reported. The third-round pick is a conditional pick and could turn into second-round pick if Edwards catches a certain number of passes this season. That is said to be a high number, but if Edwards lights it up in New York the way the Jets are hoping, the Browns then would get a second-round pick in return.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I think this is true.

It doesn't matter whether Cotchery is a #1 or a #2, he's going to be on the field for every single play and having Edwards lining up across from him is only going to make him better.

No matter what way you slice it, Cotchery is going to have a better year as a result of this trade. This is something that Stuckey could not do for Cotchery.

18. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

I was worried about his character when i first heard the news but I just read that he got a higher score on the wonderlic than chad pennington (27 vs 25) I think Rex will straighten him out. He's a smart dude who unfortunately might need to be on a winning team in order to truly motivate. Maybe it will be a Randy Moss in Oak/NE situation. Anyway, having a big target with track star speed is going to do wonders in terms of opening up the offense and making everyone better.

19. rockyusmc2003

I'm aware of this. I think our vets as a whole are a lot stronger than Cleveland's, and they're not going to let him run a muck. I don't even see him being that bad.

That whole situation with Lebron's friends...I don't think the cops were even called. So how can he be punished?

20. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

On draft day, the Jets have shown that they are very good at making things happen. We will move up in the draft, and take the best players we need.

Look at the Revis and Harris draft. We only got two players, but look at the dividends that is paying off now.

And Sanchez and Greene... That looks pretty good too.

We'll do fine in the upcoming draft, even without the 3rd and 5th round picks for Edwards.