Offensive Line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ihatethedolphins3, Oct 4, 2009.

1. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

I thought the offensive line did not perform today. They did a terrible job of blitz recognition and pass protection. I know this is a solid unit, but today they were outplayed and out coached, Bill Callahan has to go back to the drawing board and figure out ways to create more running room and a better pocket. I thought D'brick was especially bad, his footwork was terrible today. Next week they must play better or it will be tough to beat the doophins..at least D'brick owns Jason "i look like richard jefferson/xerxes" Taylor

Was not a bad loss, very coachable mistakes by sanchez. Remember this offense will only get better as the year goes on and our defensive is terrific, and will be even better when pace gets back.

Go Jets!!!

2. ihatethedolphins3

Woody also was poor

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

was woody the one guarding grant?

cause if he was, then he for sure sucked

4. KerryRose

KerryRose New Member

Sanchez took too long too. Can't forget that.

5. ihatethedolphins3

it was a combo of dbrick and woody, neither of which were successful, i would've liked to see a rb at least stay in and chip

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree with the OP. The oline, once called a strength has struggled lately.

7. ihatethedolphins3

thats inexperience and recievers not getting open...also give credit to the saints d, they played terrific

8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

The O-Line was not good and I'm beginning to think that they are very overrated. Some of it was Sanchez because on a couple of plays he seemed to backpedal right out of the pocket instead of stepping up into it. Not gonna be a pretty film session for the Offense on Monday.

9. ihatethedolphins3

I agree, but when good coaches have these things on tape with a veteran unit, improvements will be made, i am confident in our coaches and the professionalism of this team

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Anyone know who the good OL prospects are for the 2010 draft?

11. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Its been a tale of two halves for the Jets o-line. The first two games the jets protected very well. The last two games they have been poor. I don't blame the Jets o-line for the running game. I really put a lot of blame on TJ since it doesn't look like he ran with authority until Shone Greene came in. To me its greene's time to shine. I believe the Jets will get back on track though. Remember its only week 4. I'd rather be the best team in week 19 than in week 4. We still got a long way to go.

12. Gman

Gman New Member

i agree. the O-line was very poor today. grant was all over the place. sanchez gets alot of the blame but he was under pressure all game. jones looked terrible. greene looked like he hit the hole real hard. i would like to see more of him. we will be ok.

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The Jets O-Line is going to need to get it going.

14. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

oline did not show up today. Mark was chased around all game. He waited until now to release some some real classic rookie mistakes. I'm not worried. If we would have beaten the Texans, Pats, Titans, and Saints to start the season I think I would have had a serious everlasting ****on for a long time lol. Glad Sanchez got them out of his system early in the season with a nice 3 game cushion.

No worries.

15. Saint Smack

Saint Smack New Member

I think a lot of Jets fans underestimated the Saints D. They are resurgent D like yours, show lots of looks and blitzes, etc. Those were two tough defenses out there, shutting each other down, and one offense that had a little more firepower than the other. Brees experience prevailed, he wanted to throw downfield so bad, but he was wise enough not to, because your secondary smothered our receivers. Sanchez is still learning. He's done well so far for a rookie, but he faced a crazy good defense and made some bad decisions. He'll learn. He might shred a lot of teams on your sked this year.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Brick looked bad on two plays, Woody was getting owned the entire night. The middle of the line was bleh.......... yep They weren't good. Now they can shut the fuck up, as they have no room to talk like the D.

Bad Olines and Rookie QB playing like a rookie (ie holding onto the ball too long) is not a good combo.

We shall see though. They played a very good D at home. So it may just come down to they got outplayed in a hostile environment. I truly hope this is the case.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I really hope we go RT before we go DL depth in next year draft. Woody is an asset for this team but he isn't an every-down player at this point of his career... especially at RT.

Mr E, WW85 and all the college fans... any nice RT in next year draft?

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Line sucked, An having a rookie hold the ball for way too long never helps either.