Optimism running a little out of control

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

were going 18-1 to Win the super bowl just as a kick in the balls for the patriots.

2. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

I just put on some Alice in Chains and took some pills and red wine... all ready to enjoy the ride.

3. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

32 years of faith in this organization has left me a green-blooded agnostic. I'm not willing to deny there is a higher Jets power...but experience leaves me with doubts.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

to play devils advocate - wouldn't it be nice to throw the doubts to the wind and stare down fate, tell it to go fuck itself and become a perennial contender?

5. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

F**k Yeah !

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's just no point in being down on the Jet's chances at the moment. They've won two games they should have lost if they were SOJ. They've gotten a performance out of the defense that is just ridiculous based on the personnel, leading me to believe that the coaching on that side of the ball really is excellent. They've gotten a performance out of Sanchez that is only matched by Matt Ryan last year in recent history, and really all-time in terms of true rookie QB's starting a season.

There are all sorts of things that could go wrong and turn this into SOJ, but they haven't yet. If you can't just sit back and enjoy this start what can you actually enjoy as a Jet's fan?

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

this .

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

right now he's ahead of Ryan... Ryan had a bad second game in his rookie year. Sanchez had a better 2nd game against a division opponent who used to own the Jets at their own stadium.

But i think Sanchez will have less TDs in his rookie year. He'll still win OROY if things continue.

9. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

This is not the 2006 Mangini Jets when we were more about deception and less about talent. That year when we went 10-6 it was fun but we kinda feasted on a weak schedule.

These first 2 games have told me we're finally going to have an identity which is having an elite defense. They'll have bad games and it could be this week but the future is bright.

The offense is still a work in progress right now. We're getting off to slow starts. I think it's because we're trying to run early to set up the pass but teams aren't letting us run with a rookie QB.

Our first 2 wins were impressive. The Texans are a top offense and the Pats have Tom Brady. If we went 4-0 I bet their will still be people saying "The schedule was weak"

10. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Oh No, don't get excited about a team that has shut down 2 top offensive teams from scoring a touchdown.

Really?

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

anyone who says that is a fucking moron.

A division game, a top offense, a strong running game and run defensive team, and a team that averages 40+ pts a game... how is that a weak schedule.

if the Jets go 4-0 its the biggest shock for this team in the last 10 years.

12. crypter

crypter New Member

stay on the road , stop looking backward . To the bold goes the spoils .

13. HOI

HOI Active Member

I totally agree with you. I had a similar thread on here earlier and got bashed because I somehow got labeled a darksider. Dont waste your time...half of Jets nation has lost their minds and learned NOTHING from last year. For some reason you cant be pumped and a realist at the same time. Unless you buy in hook line, and sinker you're a darksider.

I think some people are calling for the 13-3/Superbowl just so they can fall back on the "SOJ", "I cant believe we fell for it again" woe is me bullshit.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The two of you should get a room

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Be seen this team start 4-0 and miss the playoffs. I've seen this team go 10-1 only to finish 10-6 and barely sneak into the playoffs. I've seen this team start 8-3 only to miss the playoffs. You won't see any premature optimism coming from me.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This is a new team. They don't care what teams see and think. Its about what they do and think. And the Pats and Texans are 1-1, not 0-2 so why cheapen our wins with a shitty statement

17. MisterBouncyBounce

MisterBouncyBounce New Member

19-0 is all i have to say.

18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If Favre doesn't hurt his arm and then continues to play with bad arm there is no way we crash and burn like we did.

We got better defensive talent with at the very least better coaching on that side of the ball, still a solid offensive line and good receiving options, the rookie QB line is BS if he actually gets time to throw and we attempt to run the ball more than anyone in the league. This team was 8-3 before their starter hurt his arm, to think that this is an 8-8 team is delusional, and bringing up history is ignoring the present situation.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I disagree with the premise here. The realists (myself included) thought that it was very likely that the Jets would start out 2-3, losing to the Pats in the process.

Having seen a 2-0 start and seeing the immediate schedule in front of us it's realistic at this point to think that we have an excellent shot at 4-1 and by extension at about 6-2 by mid-season. That's way ahead of where the realistic predictions were in training camp.

If you can't adjust to the fact that the 2009 Jets are better than we thought they'd be that's not realism, it's dark-siding.

I'll be the first person saying SOJ if the Jets actually collapse at this point, but I also recognize that that's maybe a 5% chance.

20. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

this. :beer: