Titus Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreyhoundJet, Apr 30, 2006.

1. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

I think your going to see this guy at backup DE in the 3-4

2. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

ESPN Draft Guide:

6'2", 320 lbs, 5.10 40
    (expected to be 4th round pick)
    Run Stopping DT. The potential to develop into a very good two-down starter. Thickly uilt with a strong lower body. Quick, fluid and mobile for his size, he shows the ability to stand lineman up, disengage and pursue. Very good recognition skills and knows how to use hand to get off blocks. Chases hard when fresh. Takes good pursuit angles and is a powerful tackler. Adams wraps up well in space and is extremelydisruptive against the run.

Sounds like an interesting fella.

3. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

will still probobly be better than pouha is also not 26 and was taken 4 rounds later.thank god we got rid of bradway.

4. QBKILLER94

QBKILLER94 New Member

Aggreed on all points. Pouha was a BIG reach. Adams was a decent 7th RD pick, but I can't believe some of our other picks.

The Jets seem to reach on LB A. Schlegel (76th), S Eric Smith (97), QB/WR Brad Smith (103), TE Joe Pociask (150) and CB Drew Coleman (189).

Brad Smith at least has some potential. The rest of these guys all are sketchy. Schlegel has cement shoes, E. Smith is an injury waiting to happen (think John McGraw) and the last two guys (Pociask and Coleman) were 7th rounders at best. I would take Jean-Gilles and R. Wright over the lot of them. Wright has the quickness to make an excellent DE in the 3-4. I hope I'm wrong.

#24 QBKILLER94, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2005
  5. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Brad Smith could be a playmaker if he decides to switch to WR. At that point in the draft it makes sense to take some risks. Joe Pociask also makes sense because he could become a blocking FB or TE.

6. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Who cares at this point how old Pouha is... He's 26, ok, but at presently that gives hime 3-5 years to be productive. If realizes, or better yet reaches his potential, he could very well become the NT this board longs for.

Ellis

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

La Roi Glover was a 290 lbs. nose tackle for Dallas who edged out 310 lbs. Jason Ferguson for the spot. You don't have to be fat to be a nose tackle.

8. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

i could see him not even making the roster this year

9. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

Apparently this is the reason Rodrique Wright fell so far

Dolphins | Still undetermined if R. Wright will need surgery
    Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:32:31 -0700

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said DL Rodrique Wright (shoulder) was told by a doctor that he may need surgery. Saban added, "When we bring him in, we are going to examine him beyond what was done at the combine to determine the extent of his injury and make a determination then as to what the best procedure is. He can continue to play with this and we can do it later. I think if he continues to play with it, he is going to continue to do damage and eventually it is not going to repair correctly." It is not known how much time he would miss if he did have surgery, but Saban said there could be a point in time during the 2006 season where Wright would come back and play.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

#29 Lunatic, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2006