3-5 year job

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vilma baby, Apr 30, 2006.

1. vilma baby

vilma baby New Member

Theire is a lot of people complaining that we didnt address this or that, and why didnt we fix this position or another postition. The thing is you can't fix every position in one draft, and the Jets front office knows that, they went about fixing the o-line and then they got some very good role players and guys that fit the new schemes, and possibly a QB for the future.

A lot of people wanted us to take some d-linemen that fell to the later rounds, but i have to believe that the FO has a plan to fix the entire team. Clearly our OL was our biggest weakness coming into the draft. And yes you can say QB was too, but why should the jets take a guy that they dont think is right for the team or worth a certain pick. The jets were not being safe by taking Da'Brick, they were being smart. They were fixing a need with the guy they thought was the best pick for the team. The jets are not going to win the superbowl next year, and probably not the year after but, if they keep building a solid nucleus and sure up all of the o-line and d-line positions then the playmakers will come.

I am very happy with everything that went down in the draft. Maybe some of the guys were reaches, but i am sure that Mangini wanted them and has a place for them. Its not like he picks these guys for no reason, he clearly has a place for them on his team. Just sit back, relax and lets see what this new regime can do. We all talked about how smart the hiring of Mangini was now lets let him do his thing.

Just one man's humble opinion, dont rip me apart to bad please.

2. vilma baby

vilma baby New Member

come on any thoughts at all?

3. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Have you been watching the NFL?????? 3-5 year jobs are gone, it's a year or two now these days. And if this coach can't do that, yes it is an bad job on his part.

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Whether you like it or not, these two have 3 years minimum to build this team. Everyone knew that going in, and this draft reflected an effort to improve the team in the long term.

For the first time in a while, the draft was done right by this franchise.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Overall i got no problem with the draft as long as they draft playmakers on offence next year.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

If by 3-5 year job it means playoffs in year 3 and Super Bowl in year 5, that would be a stunning reversla for this front office. IMO the Jets were never going to win more than 6 or 7 games this year, and if Clemens turns out to be the first round talent he was supposed to be before getting hurt, he could easily be under center in 2007, and winning games in 2008. That seems very reasonable to me.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

2 years to respectability (9-7 or better) and 3 years to the second game of the playoffs.

That's what you get in the NFL these days and that's the schedule the Jet's FO knows that it is on. 8-8 in 2007 and one losing playoff game in 2008 will just buy them an extra year to get it all done.

Personally I think the Jets have a real shot at respectability this year and the second round of the playoffs in 2007. But then again I'm an optimist.