Brett Favre Blames the Jets!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Sep 10, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Any Pats homer you run into is going to say moronic shit like that. Just laugh at them and talk about their phantom draft pick.

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I hope Seymour F's them.

3. abyzmul

Belichoad would never have pulled a trade like that unless he was in the clear. Seymour, Dick will end up giving the shaft to Al Davis.

4. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I blame Fangini and Mavre, pukes

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Not the best outcome, but not bad either way

6. abyzmul

And the Pats are much weaker on the line for at least the next season. I'll take it for now.

7. Phyr

Phyr Member

The Pats should be fined for putting Brady on the injury list every week without an injury.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Indeed, indeed

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Really, there's only one difference between the Jets not listing Favre on the report and the Pats inventing injuries to be weenies. The latter can't be proven, the former has.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Irony? ..."JET?"

Correct me if I'm wrong but: tomorrow IS September 11th?

Your Jet-launched airport LOGAN is (correct me if I'm wrong); THEE 9/11-"jet" launched airport, LOGAN???
    Hope that clears the IRONY confusion....oh, and thanks for the 'camera-and-otherwise-security' btw.

Do give my best to Camcorder Bill and his "wedding vow" free agent.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I don't think they needed to pull Favre last year. THey needed to change the damn game plan. That's what coaches get paid to do: change as the situation changes. Mangini and co. failed to do that at several stages.

THe situation was clear the minute Favre got hurt, so there's no lying about it, from Favre's standpoint. The FO doesn't want their brilliant last minute off season move to acquire super man turning into a SOJ nonsense, and this IS iron man.

It was a stupid little thing not reporting it.

If anything, this stinks of Mangini's 007 bullshit.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Plains? This guy may be worse than RaiderJoe.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Amazing. In the same post within 3 lines, you claim not to be a moron and then prove the contrary. Some things ya just can't un-say

14. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAAHAHA.... dumbass.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Favre is being a douchebag for bringing this up, Trying to save face i guess. Hopefully Rodgers out plays him and rapes the Vikes. Maybe his old ass will finally retire.

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I agree with you completely. 4 or 5 years ago I found a cheap Packers Favre jersey. I said fuck it, I got a lot of respect for the guy so I bought it. The only non-Jets jersey I've ever owned and when he first joined the Jets I wore it during the first game and they beat the Phins.
    Now, especially after this fucking atrocious fucking excuse throwing the organization under the bus, I can't even look at it. The next time I take it out of the closet, it's going into the garbage.
    Hey fuckhead, if you really were that hurt, TAKE YOURSELF OUT OF THE FUCKING GAME. Mr. I'll write my own legacy didn't want his consecutive game record to end, and Mangina is too much of a FUCKING PUSSY to stop him. At least when Pennington tried to play hurt, it was to try to help the team, not to pad A FUCKING RECORD THAT WILL NEVER BE BEAT ANYWAY. Whoever doesn't believe that is living in la-la land right now. Or maybe flying in a PLAIN. Sorry for the caps, this guy is fucking done in my book. I'm not gonna remember the guts in Green Bay anymore. I'll just remember the pettiness and the excuses now. It's a damn shame.

17. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I don't recall you saying that then. I'd be almost willing to bet you didn't say it then, I would have remembered it. I think I was the first one to say that here actually, and to question why Favre was throwing so much, on Nov 5 (not right after the Cincy game -- but still, before we started losing):
    I'm not so sure they didn't need to pull Favre after all. But you are right, that playcalling was atrocious, given that we now know they'd done the MRI.
    That injury was in his non-throwing shoulder, FYI, and the decison was put off til the offseason, with the agreement of the team -- just like this one.
    I "know for a fact" that you don't appear to understand how NFL gameplans are made. That was ludicrous.
    I agree with this general point. The Jets were very good to Favre, and didn't exactly get in return what they thought they would. Then they let him get out of the contract without Tanny making a peep. So why did Favre, for apparently completely unnecessary reasons, just loose the hounds of the NFL on Tanny? It was uncalled for, and ingracious, and yes, not very classy.

18. agrich

agrich New Member

I think you're giving Favre too much credit/blame here. You're right, he had no reason for trying to get Tannenbaum in trouble with the NFL. So why did he? Most likely answer is he didn't realize it would be such a big deal. Do you think NFL players know the intricacies of what teams have to say on injury reports? I doubt it.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Where do they think Mangini learned that from?

Favre screwed us while he was here and he's still screwing us. He's using the injury as an excuse for his awful play and throwing us under the bus by doing it. I used to like Favre.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't think so. I think he is setting up the Vikings for when he quits a few games into the season.