Kerry Rhodes tweets about something big

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Sep 6, 2009.

1. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Twitter version of "I've Got a Secret" starring Kerry Rhodes

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

AHAHAHAHAH

Abyzmul youll love this in particular.

devzilla@kerryrhodes Kerry, can you please tell me why Madden 10 is biased and MTurner keeps running over you? I hope art doesn't imitate life. LOL

kerryrhodes@devzilla: i hope not, lol

3. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

We have 22 pages of speculation, i just wonder if we'll have this many posts about the actual news once it comes out.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

no matter what it is, jets fans will find a way to bitch. i just hope im not one of them lol.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Haha this is great.... Kerry Rhodes is the man.... how can you not love love a guy that pulls a prank not only on all us fans but also got his teammates too. He even got the media too...how can you not love it?

While I won't lie and say I did actually think the Jets were going to make a big move if you took his word for gospel then shame on you.

Here is something to consider though... the NFL probably didn't think his tweets were too funny. Being that Kerry is a model citizen in the NFL they probably just gave him a warning to back off the Marshall stuff, maybe it is really happening and the league doesn't want any word of this slipping out before an official announcement.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

He made a post that something IS happening, and that it's getting announced tomorrow... it wasn't a prank.

7. Barry the Baptist

Well that remains to be seen but the fact that he got the entire NFL world to think Marshall was coming to the Jets without saying it is the funny part.

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

Ha, nailed it.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That's what I don't understand. Kerry Rhodes tweeted something. Even if he has a scoop, and Brandon Marshall is going to be a Jet, which would actually make a little bit of sense, things might not happen right away (or even at all). Best case scenario is that Marshall told him the Jets and Broncos were close to a deal, and the Jets acquiring O'Connell was going to be a part of the deal and might not be made otherwise.

Of course, it could be about something completely different. Or Rhodes could be full of crap. It's all up to you and what you believe. I put more credence in it than logic tells me I should, probably because I want it to happen. It would make a lot of sense on a few different levels if it's Marshall. But if it's a Washington extension or something else, I wouldn't be surprised or particularly disappointed.

I think we're getting Marshall, but I'm tempering expectations.

10. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I highly doubt the Rhodes announcement news is a player move. The way he's saying it makes like you have to be a real die hard Jet fan to appreciate the news.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Hopefully after I come back from the RU game today I'll see an article about something happening....whether it's Leon's new contract or a Marshall trade

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah I'm thinking it might be Leon's contract

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:rofl::rofl:

14. Barry the Baptist

What if Woody told him he was dumping the PSL idea and was going to refund everybody who paid them? To me that would be huge news that every Jet fan could appreciate even the non season ticket holders.... obviously that's not it but could you imagine?

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Florio is more hooked on this than anybody here is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-dropping-hints-of-a-brandon-marshall-trade/

"After more than 12 hours of silence on his Twitter page, which had folks buzzing over hints that receiver Brandon Marshall could be heading from Denver to New York, Jets safety Kerry Rhodes says that he wasn't referring to the potential trade for Marshall when promising a "big announcement" on Sunday night.

We think.

Rhodes posted, and then deleted, a tweet indicating that a trade for Marshall wasn't the big news to which he was referring. But the deleted tweet added that the trade for Marshall "may happen."

(Though he also posted, as some of you have pointed out in the comments, that the big news isn't that a Marshall trade, the point here -- for those of you who were unable to comprehend the prior paragraph and who likely won't comprehend this parenthetical, either -- is that Rhodes tweeted that Marshall wasn't the big news to which Rhodes was referring, that the Marshall trade "may happen," and that Rhodes thereafter deleted the tweet.)

Rhodes now says on his Twitter page: "everyone the news will b mad 2morrow and if you really are a JET fan you will appreciate the news!"

He then reiterated the news is coming Tuesday: "it will b told tommorow seriously i wont lie to my fans and fans of the jets."

Already, it sounds like we're all in for a letdown on this one.

Unless Rhodes deleted the other tweet because a trade for Marshall still might happen.
    "

16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Some more tweets on the situation. I apologize if they were already posted.

davidclowneyI really don't pay attention to roster moves,.. I just show up to work :) Lol

davidclowney Everybody keep asking if this is true,.. I honestly don't know RT @davidclowney ITS OFFICIAL - BRANDON MARSHALL TO THE JETS - CNN NEWS.

nickmangoldI dunno about @jayfeely, but I'm pretty mad @kerryrhodes for stirring up this hysteria. I was expecting some real news with my coffee today

jayfeely@nickmangold remember what happened to the boy who cried wolf

nickmangold@jayfeely I think he got eaten, correct?

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

20. GODHELPUS

GODHELPUS New Member

I Think This Is Funny