Aaron Glenn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Aug 28, 2009.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

^

I was about to comment on that FG return too. I remember Parcells' eyes getting big as saucers as that play was developing. I don't ever remember seeing him so happy and excited about a single play.

I heart Aaron Glenn.

2. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Awesome. I don't know how anyone could hate him.

3. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I hope he does come back, I used to love Aaron Glenn.

4. joeyg94

joeyg94 Member

One Of My Favorite Jets Always There , Should Of Never Left When He Did

5. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Marcus Coleman. And I'll always remember when he got toasted twice by Galloway vs Seattle (the Vinny scoring at the 1-yd line game) for long TDs before finally catching him the third time and hurting his ankle for the rest of the season in doing so. Not for getting burned the first 2 times, but for the effort it took to catch the faster man out of sheer will the 3rd time.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Herm Edwards tore apart my favorite NYJ secondary ever.... Cut V. Green, Glenn and Coleman in one offseason because he thought cheaper players could play in his gayass Cover Who defense. We could have gotten atleast 2-3 more solid seasons out of all 3 of those guys.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Technically, Glenn wasn't cut. He was picked up by the Texans in the expansion draft. However, he was left unprotected even though it was absolutely certain that the Texans would pick him up. Rather clear sign either way.

8. ........

........ Trolls

As hiker already said, Marcus Coleman. Both were picked up by the Texans in that draft, not traded. I remember that Bills game. I believe it was that disastrous 2000 season. I remember stopping off to watch the game at a crappy sports bar in central California on my way back to school. Had a KOR for a TD too. That season was off to such a great start before we faded down the stretch. All we needed was one freaking win in the last 3 and we couldn't do it. That Ravens game still haunts me. Pushed the ball all over them and they won it with opportunistic defense and a couple of huge returns.

9. Cotch Grab

Cotch Grab New Member

I met Aaron Glenn at the driving range of the golf course i used to work at in L.I. I told him i was a big fan. He asked if I wanted him to sign something of mine, and I told him I didn't have anything on me. Later in the day he stopped by the range and gave me a signed Jets hat with my name on it. I still got that hat to this day.

Aaron Glenn will always be aces in my book.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It was a trade. The Jets left Ryan Young, Aaron Glenn and Marcus Coleman unprotected with the understanding that the Texans would take all 3, getting in effect a decent young tackle prospect in return for taking the two cap heavy cornerbacks off of the Jet's hands. The expansion draft had a provision built in that if a player was chosen ALL of his remaining cap hit - including prorated bonus money went with him. The Jets had an enormous number for Glenn going into 2002 - something like 9-10 million, and also had like a 4.5 million number for Coleman that they wanted to dump.

11. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Others have also mentioned the circumstances but this was the last one. Spot on. Thats exactly what happened...

...that being said I literally got into a shouting match when my friend who's a Titan fan tried telling me he didn't live up to his draft status. Aaron Glenn was the fucking man. Fantastic in his prime, and it's a shame we had to give him up so we could get that POS Marcus Coleman off the team. I can still remember the Raiders absolutely picking Coleman apart. But as much as I liked Donnie Abraham, I wish him and Glenn could have gotten the chance to play together instead of having to see Aaron Beasley every sunday

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I am so glad you remember those.

afa the Missed FG. I tell people that Aaron did that shit and they look at me like I'm FOS......while I normally am FOS just not about my Football!

I went Nutz on the INT ret. It was in Miami and he picked it @ the goal line and Broke out. I believe it was a Quick slant from Marino...

I loved Aaron and those 2 plays are always 1st to my mind also. :up:

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Ok that right there is a totally awesome story. I can't think of too many guys who would go to the trouble just like he did. Don't ever lose that hat!:grin:

14. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

i still can't believe he fell to us on draft day. who was it, shula's son who passed up on him?

either way, great player and herm and co. should have been fired the moment they let him go. they claimed at the time that they needed more physical cb's and brought in abraham from the bucs. the very next year they were back to claiming they needed cover cb's again. more excuses for there failures.

15. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The deal we made with the Texans for nothing other than cap relief is just another deal with the devil that should never have happened. Glenn would have helped us SO much in Brady's early years.

I wish he had another year in the tank, even as a 4 or 5 CB. The nostalgia of watching one of my favorite Jets play in Green again would be awesome. Too bad he's 37.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Me likey. I always enjoyed watching other teams avoiding wherever Aaron Glenn happened to be. Too bad his stellar play was clouded by the Spike Game. Figured I'd get that ugliness out of the way.

Imagine if Glenn had been taller? Holy Cr*p. Anyway, I loved him. Hehe, didn't he get fined more for not tucking in his jersey or something? I seem to recall that.

17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

always like the guy he was a class act

18. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I was never so pissed as I was the day Herm left both him an Coleman unprotected to be replaced by those Tampa losers

19. revis024

revis024 New Member

probably my favorite jet of all time while growing up. after he left houston i wanted him back.

20. rillo

rillo New Member

Great to hear, always liked Glenn. Sucked losing him in the expansion draft to Houston.

Give him a one day contract.