Jets Sign WR Allison

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MarionBarber31, Aug 5, 2009.

1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Well I don't think it is a big secret that the Jets want to find a potential #2. Matt Jones could fill that need. What is a risky #2 worth? I don't know, but I can guarantee it is more than what Jones is asking for. Especially, with 11 mill in cap room, and an uncapped year next year.

If the guy fucks up you cut him, if he blows up, you do a jig. Anything in between is money well spent. Our WR core has what 20 games started among all 20 of them.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You cannot win the Kentucky Derby with a DONKEY.

Period.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ask Anquan Boldin.

4. ........

........ Trolls

I watched nearly every Vikings game last season and barely remember this guy. He's certainly not an immediate answer to our problems. I'd suspect this is ST insurance in case Leon's role in the offense grows to the point that we don't want him on PR any more. I certainly won't place a lot of faith in the idea of Allison being the #1 receiver we're looking for.

Boldin's a poor comparison, BTW, to Matt Jones. He at least spent time at Florida State learning the position. He wasn't playing QB his last two seasons as a Seminole.

5. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

If you use the fusion dance then you can. They will become Cluckith.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'll say this... no one is ever going to accuse Tannenbaum of being unattentive and sitting on his hands. His radar is constantly up. This is one more example of a terrific GM who pounces on an opportunity like this before anybody else does.

Bring him in and let's see what he's got.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yup Tanny has identified that we need to find a diamond in the rough WR, and he is making moves left and right as soon as someone comes available, they deem which player is least likely to stick on the squad and replace him with someone who has a better shot. Always fostering competition is tannenbaum.

He really is the idealistic GM. He spends to bring in top FA's to make our team better, so far he has drafted better than most he has a few steals to his name already. He also is constantly looking to bring in the little guys, always searching for that diamond in the rough.

8. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

Pre-draft scouting report

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/15089.html

Aundrae Allison
    SELECTED BY: Minnesota Vikings Round 5(9)
    SI GRADE
    N/A

Position:
    WR
    Class:
    Sr
    School:
    East Carolina
    Conference:
    Conference USA
    Ht., Wt.:
    6-0, 192
    40 Time:
    BIOGRAPHY: Former junior college transfer and All-Conference selection the prior two years. Posted 62/708/4 as a senior after 83/1,024/7 as a junior.
    POSITIVES: Hot and cold pass catcher who is a force when focused on his game. Quickly releases off the line, displays sharpness running routes and gets separation from opponents. Adjusts to the errant throw, flashes the ability to snatch the pass from the air and
    NEGATIVES: Does not play with consistent focus, takes his eyes off the ball and drops some catchable throws. Lazily comes off the line if he.s not directly involved in the action. Not always willing to battle for the difficult reception.
    ANALYSIS: Though he suffered with an ankle injury through much of his senior campaign, Allison did not meet expectations last year. Came back and had a strong performance at the Senior Bowl yet his inconsistent play and less than desirable work ethic will hurt him
    PROJECTION: Middle Third Round

9. Ten

Ten Active Member

From another poster I know who's a vikings die hard.

10. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Do you sign a young guy with upside potential or do you go after an aging veteran like Marvin Harrison or Joe Horn? Long term I think the jets did the right thing.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

"Allison has great speed, but never emerged from a mediocre pack in Minnesota."

Alrighty then.

12. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

So in other words, he's camp fodder!

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I immediately thought of how Clowney spent the past couple weeks before TC. I have a feeling this guy is his replacement.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That sounds just like the way Bradway addressed our O-line and safety positions. 'Diamonds in the rough'. Most of them turned out to be rabbit turds.

15. ........

........ Trolls

On the plus side, we didn't give up a 2nd rounder for him. It was touch and go for a while there on the Miles Austin situation. Even I was starting to wonder if I was missing something on that guy. I've seen Allison play (allegedly). I barely even remember him on KORs. I thought Hicks and Taylor were their primary return men.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Miles Austin is like Matthew Hatchette, actually. A lot of physical ability and a difficult depth chart to get through... and no numbers to back up a very flash-in-the-fan performance in an otherwise pedestrian early career. Some players turn the corner when they get an opening. Most just don't have it in that situation.

17. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

If you'd been paying attention to camp reports instead of Twitter, you wouldn't feel this way.

18. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Championship.

19. ........

........ Trolls

Now that would have been a way to sell this fanbase on an Austin signing. :smile:

20. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Harrison Still got gas in the tank his problem is he thinks he is worth all the money that he is not worth.. he would be a great addition and could come in and show guys how to run Crisp routes and get away from defenders.. Guys like him and Jerry Rice are guys that not fast by Nfl Standards but always seem to be open and when they are in front they tend to make it to the endzone so i guess is just pure adrenaline and game speed..