Mark Sanchez gets reps with first team and outshines Kellen Clemens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 2, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes, its off topic and was a random quarrel.

time to move on. You did nothing wrong, but that happened. The End.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Big plays on the feild will speed up the process, or jsut not making mistakes while his counterpart continues to shoot himself in the foot. Its nice to see him have an early edge, I jsut hope he keeps it up.

3. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

made you start this whole thing ...............that's my point

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

agreed.

Seeing Clemens' play early on....and hearing about Sanchez's progression....totally reinforces my opinion on the Jets FO making the right decision...in regards to trading up to land a potential Franchise QB.

If we would've went into TC with Ratliff and Clemens.......I think we would've been in serious trouble this season, IMO.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

dude...that wasn't an attack.

I asked if you were lost...because you posted about Jim Johnson in a totally "unrelated" thread......to be honest, there are posters on this board that would've shredded you for that..I kept it light-hearted...and then you making those threats that followed...c'mon now.....I'm still laughing about that.

This is a messageboard for christs' sakes.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This kind of turmoil is inevitable when Clemens stinks it up in TC.

7. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

ya kellen losing to sanchez must make everyone uneasy.

There was always a problem with clemen's accuracy as far as I'm concerned. If he can be a bit better at making decisions, going for the easy play, he wouldn't be written off.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

adding to HARPUA comment, will it have the same effect on the vets if Clemens loses the job instead of Sanchez winning the job?

instead of starting a new thread, i'll start the "TANNY/REX CONSPIRACY" thread right here:

Johnson to Tanny: "Look, I'm the owner and I say Sanchez starts the season"

Tanny to Rex: "Look, I'm the GM and I say do what you have to to make Sanchez the starter"

Rex to Shotty: "Look, I'm the HC so tell me what plays you're going to run in practice so I can get my D in position to pick off Clemens. Sanchez needs to be the 'clear winner' to get vet and fan support"

you read it hear first

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I think it was KCs 2nd season when noises were being made on how he was struggling to learn the PB. Maybe classroom is also a problem.

Did this become the banned thread ??

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Too many Bourne conspiracy movies :wink:

11. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

although i can't say it untrue, i would be devastated if shit like this happens.

it just makes us a worse football team, period.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

...or it maybe that the plays they are giving Clemens with the A team are far more complex and harder to make than they are giving Sanchez with the B team. I think today's practice report said Sanchez' throws were all 'safe' throws to RB's and Slot, with only one long pass. Not sure what 'type' of plays Clemens had only that it was 'end of game' situation where the ball HAD to be thrown without taking a sack.

13. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i have to agree with some of you guys. has much as we all want to hear about sanchez doing good it does sound more like clemens is losing the job compared to sanchez winning it. clemens needs to get his shit together i want to see a close tough competition that will only make both players better.

14. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I gotta tell ya. I have been rooting for Clemens since last offseason. He did not impress me at all today. I went with my 2 little ones. However, I was happy with his footwork. The interception that I saw in the 7 on 7 drill was more Revis than Clemens. A normal CB was a great read, Revis just seems so natural.

*Clemens I have a tip for ya. Do what every other QB that plays against us does, and stay away from Revis.*

That being said there is a huge difference in the 1st string 7 on 7 and the 2nd string. Sanchez hit a nice pass to a wide open WR in the back of the endzone. Other than that did not wow me either. Gotta remember 3rd practice.

I still will root for Clemens to pull it out, and good luck to Sanchez to (truly) beat him out.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Clemens is in year FOUR of the same system. Nothing should be too complex for him to understand at this point. There are literally ZERO excuses for KC now. Zero.

16. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

All you people predicting great things based on a week of training camp, are the same ones that were talking Super Bowl halfway thru last season.
    Face reality, we're .500 again this year.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has said anything great from the first 3 days of camp and beating the (10-0) Titans in Tennessee to reach a 5th straight win and an (8-3) record with a pretty soft final 5 games can make people think Super Bowl. Atleast playoffs. Not that crazy.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The NY media was thinking Super Bowl. We were thinking playoffs.

19. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

How 'bout we agree to work toward winning the first game against the Texans and/or getting the starting QB situation ironed out?

Then we can talk Super Bowl.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

lets face reality...

we were thinking division. NY media wanted a SB between both NY teams.