Six-Game Suspension for Vick?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JCotchrocket, Jul 27, 2009.

1. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I'm asking more than telling, really.

Vick has been "conditionally reinstated" and will be "fully reinstated" week 6.

http://nfl.com

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing 5 games since they say "for Week 6 of the regular season". I'm just speculating as well. Either way, I think it's kinda harsh.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Vick has paid his debt to society.....I'm not condoning what he did, nor am i condoning his blatant lying to Goodell. However, 5 games is kinda harsh.

Let the man make his living already.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, 5 games. Have to laugh as they make it sound like there is no suspension at all, just a delay in getting it going. The bigger question is who on earth is going to sign him? So far there are no takers anywhere.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

He's a media timebomb waiting to explode. No team wants that distraction...............until their starting QB has a significant injury..

6. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

I think 3 games would have sufficed. 6 games isn't way out of line though.

7. EAF29

EAF29 Member

ESPN is reporting that there is a possibility he doesn't miss a single game, but that week 6 will be a definite decision on his restatement. Seems kind of sketchy.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Signing Vick would already be a distraction, inserting him into your line-up Week 6 would be even worse. He is going to go to Oakland or Detroit or some team that can use a distraction from losing. Not the other way around.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Oakland is on record as wanting no part of him. I think Dallas is too. All the normal culprits seem out on this one. What he needs to do (maybe) is say he is going to donate a couple of game checks to PETA. That might keep them at bay.

#9 Don, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The #1 question I have: Will Vick be in Madden? And what are his ratings? :)

11. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Any comment from Denver? That one wouldn't shock me after the offseason they've had

12. Gunther

Gunther Member

He could be playing by week one. The latest is 6 weeks. He has to keep his nose clean and do the things that he says he is going to do. Along with the mentoring from Tony Dungy and he could be playing by September.

13. Jets102812

Jets102812 Member

Shit bring him here im all for it. Hope he signs with the browns and jump in the dog pound that would be 2 funny

14. GreenMachine

PETA? Hell no. there are much more honorable animal foundations out there..Like the SPCA.
    PETA is a whack job organization of terrorists.

15. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

Yeah...week 6 is the LATEST...He could play week one if he keeps his nose clean - Now as far as teams he may end up with, So far JAX,SF and the Rams have been mentioned...But I'm thinking Washington

16. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I can’t stand Ron Mexico – but this is just stupid. Stallworth better never play another down in the NFL again.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Goodell revealed himself as a wuss twice (although I had high hopes at first): He didn't suspend Belichick, and he allowed Adam Jones back into the league. Let Michael Vick work for the dept. of sanitation picking up road kill. It's an honest living, and he has experience. That, or he can go back to school and learn something applicable. Who's stopping him from becoming a veterinarian and learning the fine art of euthanasia?

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Ha... beat me to it... giving money to an organization like PETA... someone needs their head examined just making a suggestion like that.

SPCA is the way to go. I got both my pets through them. Even if the cat is Satan reincarnate.

19. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Well question is what team will now get Vick? Now that he's been reinstated?
    Cowboys officially say that they don't want him.

20. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Personally I would permaban any player that serves time. The NFL is a privilege. If you can't stay out of jail, you lose that privilege. It's really simple.

Michael Vick just want to federal prison for 18 months. He going to make more money playing football this year, then most of us will make in several years. There's something seriously wrong with that.