Rumor: Bush to pull an Eli...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets38, Apr 28, 2006.

1. RockVilmaRock

RockVilmaRock New Member

i agree he will

2. transplanted jet

transplanted jet New Member

Exactly. He appeared to be a pretty grounded kid.

3. Green Tea

Green Tea New Member

If an unsavory, false, and hard to dismiss allegation about Bush hits the wire overnight, Bush may free fall.

Of course, I am not soliciting anyone to spread a false allegation about Bush on the Internet tonight.

I am still way too pissed off about the 99 year lease in NJ and the relocation of the practice facility and headquarters. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4. k311

k311 Member

if i were a running back, whether my name was reggie bush or not, there is no way in hell i would want to play for the saints :lol:

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If the Raiders make the trade, they are taking Young, and the Titans would gladly give us Bush for #35 and take Leinart. NO doesn't do this trade because it means no Brick and no Hawk.

Basically the same deal with the 49ers.

Green Bay is the only threat. They would love Bush, and would guarentee that NO gets Brick or Hawk at #5.

6. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Well if we can't get Bush then I hope teh Saints do I guess. I dunno why. I'd be pissed if another team traded up.

7. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Look if Bush did this i wouldnt be mad who wants to play in NO, no disrespect its going to be hard being there for a while, Eli did this and everybody forgot this eventually.He's always said if he didnt go #1 he would want to play for us.Why would he want to share time again and play with a pro-bowl rb in Deuce.

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

the saints drafting bush woul dbe the dumbest draft move in a loing time and another reason why that team never wins -- they have one of the best backs in football signed to a huge contract coming back froma knee injury and he should be fine. why draft another RB -- get someone to help your team for year to come -- Hawk or Ferg. No way they dump $100 into 2 RB.

9. lightning

lightning Active Member

Deuce mccallister when healthy, is a top 5 back IMO. Im pretty confident a deal will be made with someone one way or another...hopefully us.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Nuts.

AJ Hawk will be a Jet, and then at either 29, or 34, Maroney or Addai.

11. lightning

lightning Active Member

that would be the dumbest move ever next to picking vince young...atleast vince young fills a bigger need.

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

Werder on ESPN just said that word is circulating that Bush's agent is going to say Bush does not want to play for New Orleans.

13. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

I would love if he pulled an eli because then we could still build up on the line without trading up

14. NYJets

NYJets Member

In my mind, Bush has legitimate reasons to be concerned about being taken by NO. He's already lost millions by not going #1 and I think he's very concerned about where he ends up. If he gets picked by NO, you have several worries beyond that lost money.

- First, NO is probably going to be one of the least desirable places to play. They still have massive infrastructure problems so it's not your ideal place to live or even spend a considerable amount of time in during the season.

- Second, how will the Saints be on contract negotiation? They have a huge contract in Deuce, so that is going to have some impact on what they offer to Bush.

- Third, the situationin NO doesn't lend itself to better local and national endorsement deals. With a population that has not yet and may never return to former levels, there's going to be less money to be made locally and I think we can all agree that the Saints aren't a great franchise to serve as a player's backdrop when trying to get himself recognition on a national scale. Can it be done? Sure, but he'd be better off in any number of other cities.

- Then there's the whole relocation issue. I think the owner undoubtedly wants to move the team (I don't believe any of this garbage about wanting to stay in Louisiana - there's no love lost between the city/state and the owner). The idea of going to LA sounds great, but is that a lock? And, even if so, how long down the road is that?

All in all, a lot of unknowns with NO. I'm not saying he's trying to get to us specifically, but I can believe that he would want to go anywhere except NO. As for the PR hit, it would be worth the risk to force the Saints' hand. After all, the Saints themselves would like to jump ship from NO. You'd get a little bad press but if he plays well his first season, all will be forgotten.

Jeff