17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. coorslightcans

fans will pay $300-$400 per ticket for a game and an opportunity to sit say 50 yard line 15th row behind the nyjets bench its gonna happen. many of those fans will be like me who lost season tickets and feel this is the only option and no other choice. so instead of investing thousands they will spend the higher price for a single game seat.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats a shame coors. it really is. you will be paying 100 bucks less than some seats at the superbowl. sorry that just doesnt make any sense. i dont give a shit how good the seats are or how many ammenities there are to improve the gameday experience.

the only reason they charge so much is because someone will be willing to pay it.

although its a MUCH better plan than buying a psl in my eyes.

3. coorslightcans

agree alley some of us will have no other choice or option. woody knows this the nyjets know this. the nyjets will offer single game packages with parking watch and see. i will pay the price and so will many others.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its definitely true that he doesnt give a damn about a single person in that park other than the amount of money they decide to spend on his team.

i would love to get inside the books of this organization.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Enjoy. How you gonna feel if the Jets lose 27-10, play like shit, it rains and it takes 1.5 hrs. to get out of the lot? Probably worse then I feel after a lot of games. If you can afford to throw away that kind of dough, good for you. I hope there are thousands of you so the place will be packed and rocking, I really do. I also disagree with you 100% BTW, who says its gonna be at the 50 yd. line?

6. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

drunken posts deleted :)

#966 Cornfed, May 23, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
  7. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

beer is good....

#967 Cornfed, May 23, 2009
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if you are agreeing with me or not. You think that scenario is how tickets are going to move? With the Giants still having the BIG Psl's available after going through a 40,000 waiting list, with a fan base that is much older and richer and plentiful, I think that says it all. Anyway, we could go back and forth all night, its a moot point, we shall see.

9. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

#969 Cornfed, May 24, 2009
  10. coorslightcans

sec314 ive been part of a season ticket package for 16+ years. ive paid thousands of dollars for tickets. we always donated the preseason games.the sundays my brother in law brought his 2 kids along i paid for 1 of the seats. ive spent and or wasted alot of money on this organization over those years food,concessions,souvenirs etc you name it. if i have to pay $400-$500 per ticket to attend 1 game so be it i will and so will many others. this will be our only choice other than paying the psl fee which im not doing. dont doubt the fans who have lost their seats or refused to pay the psl they will find a way to attend a game or two and this is the only option.

11. balls777

balls777 New Member

All this talk has got me worried....my seniority date is 2006....tickets were had since shea days but original title holder didn't place them in my name till 2006 when he bailed out...I am in section 219 row 4 now...god i hate to think of where I will be sitting in the new stadium ...any ideas folks?

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I could see your point, that makes sense, in the end you will be spending less per season so people will pick and choose so the good matchups will be sold out but not the games against the Bengals and such. I hope you are right, nothing like a sold out rocking place. i went to the Yanks/Phils on Sat. there were 5-7 thousand philles fans and the place was almost sold out, it was a great atmpsohere.

#972 sec314, May 24, 2009
  13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think you will be paying big money for high priced PSLs or buying tickets from someone else. No way the uppers and low priced PSLs make their was down to 2006. Sorry.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

PSL seats that cost more then $125-$150 a game will probably be your choice With your seniority you will not be able to get end zone PSL's which are the cheapest tickets per game.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anybody pick there UD seats in the last few days? I am picking 6/2 or so, I am getting antsy awaiting the selection. Hey Champ, be nice and wish me good luck big guy.

16. no psls

no psls Banned

no way

I've been going to games since shea and no one in their right mind is going to pay $400.00 per ticket . Period End of Sentence .

17. coorslightcans

yes we will after we give up or lose our $4000 per year package. 1 or 2 games at $400 a ticket alot cheaper than woodys get rich quick scheme.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'm a '79 who picks Wednesday. I'll let everyone know how it goes. When all of this started, I hoped for a good Upper Prime seat, though it's not looking likely now. I spent 5 seasons in nice covered loge seats at Shea, followed by 25 years of covered lower level seats at Giants Stadium (End zone, yes, but I've been happy there) and I am as unhappy about this as anyone.

The way I see it, I've given so much to this organization that I can not blame myself for not mortgaging my own future to stay with it, yet I owe it to myself to at least spend a a season or two in the new stadium no matter where I sit. It will be a shame for them to lose a fan like me, and they are very close to doing just that. I've missed 5 home games in 30 years. Saw every Kotite game. Even that Saints game.

The bastards....

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The way I see it, I've given so much to this organization that I can not blame myself for not mortgaging my own future to stay with it, yet I owe it to myself to at least spend a a season or two in the new stadium no matter where I sit. It will be a shame for them to lose a fan like me, and they are very close to doing just that. I've missed 5 home games in 30 years. Saw every Kotite game. Even that Saints game.
    First off, anyone with a picture of Abdual Salaam is my kind of Jet fan. I love the quote " The way I see it, I've given so much to this organization" Sounds like you were an employee. Hey, lets face it, its work being a long time STH and it was not easy. I am 1981 and the 2nd year of Kotite is the only time I stopped going, that was the closest I got to giving them up. Bill Parcells saved my jets life. Sounds like you are considering PSL's if you can't get good UD seats which might be the case. I am going 6/2, if you could ask them what's the lowest row in the UD that you could get, I would really appreciate it. I feel the same way, no matter what the seat location at least one year.

#979 sec314, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hey 314 I do not know why U think I hold any malice towards U. I just disagree with some of ur posts & that is what this board is about is to post ur opinions in a nice civilized way which is what I do. That beiing said I wish U & in fact all who still are waiting to choose there seats the BOL in getting seats that they feel they are OK with. I know they may not be exactly to ur liking but just like me U all are at least luckier then most that U will be able to pick UD non PSL seats & continue the game day experience that appears to means so much to U & not having to contribute to Woody get rich quick scheme at the same time. So again BOL when U day comes to choose ur seats

#980 championjets69, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009