Team Rankings - No Respect

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, May 18, 2009.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah, but considering how he started and how he finished, that's a retarded way to think about things. Then again Favre 'nut-huggers' aren't exactly the most intelligent bunch and it's gonna be funny to see how many of those former cheeseheads are gonna be rocking Minnesota purple this year

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I think were about 16 right now without doing a big look at it. Sure, we lost Favre, but Favre wasn't very good anyway.

But our defense is top 10 in the NFL. We have good special teams, and we have a very good running game. On paper, our biggest weakness is our passing game. But you can get through the regular season without a passing game if you have the others. Ask Baltimore or Tennessee last year.

3. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

The schedule is very tough and if none of the young guys step up, we have little depth. That said, the jets always seem to perform better when the expectations are low so I'm real happy with this rating.
    The coaching will be have to be superb to get us into playoff contention.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

good thing pre-pre-season rankings mean so much. we all know thath season accomplishments are directly tied to opinions, so good thing you're getting all worked up over it. maybe they will change their minds and the Jets will actually have a shot at winning, lord knows they won't if nobody thinks they will.

5. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

I don't know why people get so fired up about a dumb ass ranking.. why do you care?!

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am so glad whiteshoe and a couple other posters decided to post in this thread. i agree with you guys wholeheartedly, i also think there are a number of posters, what seems like most posters if not all posters sometimes that are grossly over rating this team.

its like the kool aid has made some people delussional. and to be honest it annoys me because i feel the need to bring them at least a little bit back to earth, which in turns makes me underrate my team.

7. Swarnnoth

Swarnnoth New Member

Don't sweat the preseason rankings. They are not important and don't really mean anything. They as valuable as useless as "star ratings" for college recruiting services. They predict nothing...no worries.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

and it came in the form of post FA and draft acquisitions.

Now this defense may look strong and trustworthy all year, because its apparently embarrassing the offense in practice. But with that offense being the way its probably going to be, i can see this team not being as elite as some may be thinking....

but its May - this is the month of optimism before TC rolls around and the arguing begins again.

I just want to see a competitive, ballsy team this year--- play violently. Thats my kind of football.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We were 9-7 last year, and we return most of the team, and we upgrade some key spots on defense that we needed help in. Why can't we be a good team?

Preseason rankings mean nothing to me.

But Rex Ryan is playing up expectations. If he wants to do that, then as a fan who sees a pretty good team out there, there's no reason I shouldn't feel confident. And I simply said we'd be 16th. That's not even saying we're a good team, or even a playoff team. But if we get respectable quarterback play, there's no reason we can't be right in the playoff hunt.

10. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

Our GM is like a little kid in a toy store who doesn't know what he wants....one year we need an experienced veteran like Favre...another we trade for Sanchez (16 games???)....
    Two years ago we pass on Cutler and get Clemens because he was good enough....This year we trade up for Sanchez???
    The Jets need to build through the draft or through FAs/vets. They need to have an idea of who they want to be. Then they won't be 23 anymore. There are no quick fixes.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

It looks like our defense has improved greatly and our offense took a hit with the loss of Baker, Coles, and Favre. Sanchez is a an unproven rookie so we have no idea how he will pan out, but I can't imagine he will be any worse than Favre was. We have a few question marks, but if a few unproven players can step up and be valuable role players, we will have a good season.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

8-8 would be good to me, especially if Sanchez starts.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wasnt in any way shape or form directed at you or any posts of yours. i have the utmost respect for your opinion. i would have no issue with them being picked there. to be honest i have no idea where we really rank but would say somewhere middle of the pack.

its just the continual beating into everyones head by most posters that we are going to be something so great with all these amazing moves and coaches and players. they make you think we are favored 2-1 to win the superbowl.

that type of posting annoys me because it is not rooted in reality, it is rooted in what people want not what is likely to happen. sure i WANT this team to win the superbowl but i am not going to come on here and try to convince others or tell those who dont agree that they are stupid or not fans.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I didn't think you were even talking about my opinion.

I don't think I've seen people expect us to win the Super Bowl this year. That would be crazy talk. But our coach is telling us to expect success. That's exactly what I want as a fan: to expect success. I'm not going to go against my own wishes as well as Rex's.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would gladly take 8-8 next year. Especially if the D comes along as quickly as we all hope it does..

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Hey! Grasshopper! Respect is EARNED. You'll have gigabytes to bitch if we actually win something and get no respect. Until then all you have is a team on paper, a team that pretty much collapsed on itself last year.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I agree. If the Defense lives up to expactations, I'll be happy with that record. Its a transitional year with an untested QB no matter who starts.

18. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Sorry, I meant the other way around.

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Honestly, I don't expect us to win the SB. But I would be greatly disappointed if we don't even make the playoffs. I believe we have the potential to win our division if Brady doesn't play as well as he did before the injury.

My hopes are actually based on our offseason. I think our offseason was a plus, gaining more talent than lost. If Sanchez starts and doesn't play as well, I believe KC can lead this team as the QB of the Jets do not need pro bowl type of performance, just what Flacco did. If Sanchez plays as well as Matt Ryan, then we can probably do deep in to the playoffs, but that would be a wet dream.

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Please do not insult me lol...