Bob Glauber - Lito Sheppard gets a fresh start with Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, May 15, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Sounds like Lito has a chip on his shoulder and feels grateful for his chance to play in New York. What a steal he could turn out to be.

If he can keep his health in check...i have a feeling Sheppard & Revis are going to be fun to watch this year.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spglauber1512768032may14,0,4353064.column

2. Chad Vs THe World

good read, I like what I hear

3. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Doesn't the compensation for him potentially go up to a 2nd in 2010? Anybody remember what the details of the deal were?

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sheppard is essentially saying his troubles with the Eagles were purely related to his contract, and had nothing to do with how effective they thought he would be compared to their other options.

I may have some questions about the way the Eagles manage their offense, but they have consistently fielded a very strong defense for a long time now. Including last year, when they were ranked third in the league in both passing and overall D. If they were shooting themselves in the foot by keeping Sheppard off the field due to his stance over his contract, it certainly didn't show in the stats.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's true, though Lito got absolutely scorched in the NFC championship game.

Still, he's a great talent with a knack for interceptions.

6. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

I thought I saw Lito in street close during that game I dont think he played a down.

7. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

I think if Lito can play to his former pro bowl potential with him & Revis we could have two shut down corners. We could have the a shit load of sacks because of the great coverage of our corners.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is what we hope we're getting, minus all the blurry video.

[YOUTUBE]Ny5qme6EYB0[/YOUTUBE]

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I like his returns the best after the pick. I really hope he can work on bringing those success rates down as a CB from the last few seasons as an Eagle and return to Pro-Bowl form.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Seems that Lito has experience covering T.O. Hopefully, this will allow Revis to cover Lee Evans, or Josh Reed. I think the games against the Bills are going to be interesting this season. Two teams looking to establish themselves in the AFC, after seasons in which both teams fell apart down the stretch. I can't wait for next season.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, he really has a knack for knowing what to do with the ball after the catch. He must have been a pretty decent return man at some point in his career. Sounds like he's got a lot to prove and a burning desite to show the Eagles how wrong they were. Now if he can only stay healthy...

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If he plays really well in 2009 and his compensation ends up being a 2010 second round pick I wouldn't mind giving that pick up if it means we have a lock down corner opposite Revis for the next several seasons.

13. Denny

Denny Active Member

Holy crap he has talent. That video fired me up. This defense is gonna be fun to watch. Short field for the offense. Lito is all about the YAC. Great hands for a DB. I love how he can run a ball down with his head turned.

14. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

I hope Sheppard plays well, but I don't think you can say we'd get a 'steal'. If he sucks we lose a 5th for nothing. If he's good, we end up giving compensation to both Sheppard by paying him his reworked contract, which pays him like a top CB, AND we compensate the Eagles by giving up a high draft picks. It may get expensive for a good player, but I don't think anyone thinks he's Asomugha or anything.

15. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I wanted Lito out of college. Before things got weird in Philly, he was the guy covering the opponents best receiver every single game. His ability with the ball in his hands is obvious. With him and Revis, who is also sick with the ball, we could see the most INT's returned for touchdowns in Jets history.

Anyone know just how many that number would be?

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I frankly have pretty low expectations for Lito.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Unfortunately, so do I.

18. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I hope he perfomrs like he did back in Philli. If so we got a steal

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Based on what? Because we picked him up? We now have 2 1st round corners with 3 pro-bowls between them. I understand we have good reason to complain based on history, but who should we have got?

20. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

So with all his complaints about money, did the Jets ever give him a new contract? Are we going to have to hear these same complaints?

ps awesome vid, if he plays like that the defense will be amazing.