Cinco turns us from 5-11 to 11-5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Revis Flytrap, May 5, 2009.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE NFL!!!!!

The only reason people think he's any good is because he tells everyone he is.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F'N WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

5-11 to 11-5... even Ocho Cinco would think your crazy...

Wait were going to go 5-11.... fuck me...

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't care if he was injured last year, it doesn't change him losing a step in his game. I didn't say he still wasn't productive, I said he was playing down from what he used to be.

Clearly you do not watch very many Bengals games over the last three years. I have to sit and watch them every Sunday because my friend is a Bengal fan. It has been very obvious on who the better reciever had been the last couple years in Cincinnati.

TJ has had a 1,000 yard season for the last three years as a second WR. Do you understand how hard that is, for a number two to put up numbers like that? He ran his routes a lot cleaner, he got open more, and he had better hands then OchoCinco. TJ was in the endzone a lot more of the last three years as well. TJ has got double teamed more the last couple years then, OchoCinco.

Chad has slowed, he has lost a step, and most importantly, he lost the guy opposite of him that made his job a whole lot easier.

Another 1000 yard season? Piss on that noise.

4. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

At this point, he's probably one of the most underrated. People don't think he's as good as he is because he plays in Cinci and Cinci sucks, which makes him looks bad. Add his injury last season and Palmer's injury into that equation and he looks even worse. It's one of those "what have you done for me lately" deals. Fact is he's still one of the best receivers in the game.

5. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Why would Darrelle say that cinco is his hardest cover then? He's only been in the league for 2 years (if it's three, we didn't play cinci in 2006 anyway). We played cinci in 2007 in the 7th game and again last year in the
    5th game. It seems to me that Darrelle would not say this if he thought cinco wasn't tough in game 5 last year.

6. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Cotchery is a #2 receiver and puts up better numbers than TJ. TJ has had 2 1000 yard seasons; that isn't that difficult considering he's a possession receiver and a good one at that. But Chad is still the better player. He wants out of Cinci for a reason - the crappy Bengals and his disillusionment are killing his career and he knows it.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone watching him on Total Access? He is an idiot!

He said he didn't practice or lift a single weight last year cause he wanted out of Cincy.

What a bitch. No thanks to Cinco. This show has been hilariously awkward though. :lol:

8. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

We already have Clowney...don't need a REAL-LIFE DAMN CLOWN...........

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Ocho = oh no!

I don't think it's a good idea. Ryan's been spouting the TEAM thing and despite his talent, Ocho is just another "look at me!" Terrell Owens type who at some point in the season would probably start bellyaching about something/anything and end up causing a "pro-ocho/anti-ocho" riff in the locker room.

Rookie high draft pick QB? Rookie head coach? That alone calls for "on the same page" stability for this team in '09.

"85's" just not worth the risk imho.

10. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

If the Jets wanted a WR they would have signed one by now......

11. Paraphoe

Paraphoe New Member

Remember when he said he could out-swim Michael Phelps? I love that both his career and the guy's very existence are spiraling into a big joke.

12. coorslightcans

im guessing the nyjets are awaiting to see what transpires when teams start making cuts. if ocho cinco is available for the right price a 3rd rd pick im ok with it. he brings us a legit deep threat.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Unless Burress is available because he is true game changer, I want to stick with the guys we have, its time to give players you draft a chance to shine.

14. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I loved Chad Johnson when he first came out, but now hes just a dick. I think the Jets could do better for a similar price(boldin)

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if anyone takes anything that Chad Johnson says seriously, they are a fool.

everything is done in jest, and in a completely harmless way.

He's one, if the only prima donna WR that has more fun that drama with his antics.

That said - he's getting old, and it would be a bad investment.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It amazes how some people put so much weight on wide receiver when it is probably the least important position on the field. A team with a very good OL and defense, plus a QB that doesn't lose games will win 10+ games a season no matter who the skill players are.

Add a good QB to the mix and good WRs become great.

Why, if Johnson or Cinco , and TJ Housh were so great, along with Carson Palmer, have the Bengals done absolutely squat for years??????????

How many rings do Owens and Moss have????

Need I go on?

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Judging from the Jets' history of signing players who have been on the verge of Washed-Up, I would say that trading for Chad Johnson would be a typical Jets move.

What a terrible idea.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The only thing more terrible would be standing pat at wideout.

19. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

I remember reading an article about his chronic shoulder dislocation problem last year. Having lived my whole life with one until 2 years ago when I had it surgically repaired, I know how awful it is. If its true then this has definitely affected his confidence. The article said he didnt want to have the surgery to repair it. Do you know what that means, it means he will be uncertain of what he can do on the field and leave doubt in his mind. especially on any sort of diving for the ball attempt. Once your arm starts coming out there is no way you can extend for a catch and land on it.

Just sayin....This could be a contributor to his decline in play.