Cinco turns us from 5-11 to 11-5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Revis Flytrap, May 5, 2009.

1. JetsFanInVB

JetsFanInVB New Member

No self-respecting man would ever refer to this clown as "ocho cinco."

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

uhhh
    based on what exactly?

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He is nothing compared to what he used to be. He has lost many a step, and he isn't getting any younger. He is not a T.O. type cancer, but he constantly draws attention to himself, and I never feel like it is in a good way. He talks way to much shit for someone that is past his prime. I hate his personality on top of it, the media in NY would eat him alive. I honestly believe that.

I'll pass, hands down. Fuck no.

4. IIMeanDeanII

Current:

Age, height, and overall talent.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

He was injured last year and so was his QB. Prior to that he had 6 consecutive 1000 yard seasons averaging about 8 TD's per season.

Edwards has had 1 1000 yard season and can't catch.

edit: the only thing better about Edwards is he's younger.

#25 WhiteShoeWillis, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  6. jfelz91

jfelz91 New Member

i agree, i'd rather have edwards. but i'd rather not go after either one and just see how our offense is this year without any big name wrs. if clemmens plays well and paves the way for sanchez with clowney, smith, and cotchery i think we'll be ok. our team will win cuz of defense anyway. we have rex ryan, he won a superbowl as d coordinator with trent dilfer...

7. IIMeanDeanII

Ummm...

That is why I placed "current" before I listed the obvious reasons on why I thought Edwards is better than OchoCinco. You are bringing things up from the past. How good OchoCinco was in the past, will not benefit us now.

I don't care what happened on that team last year, he has still lost a step in his game.

Do you really think Edwards has had a better situation in Cleveland?

Honestly...

Edwards is still taller, younger, and more talented at this point in their careers.

#27 IIMeanDeanII, May 5, 2009
  8. WhiteShoeWillis

I don't understand why you say he lost a step though. His only bad season was when he and his QB were injured. I'm not a fan of 85, and don't want to get him, but I think he's far better than Edwards.

85 clearly had the better situation to work with. That doesn't explain why Edwards drops the ball so much.

edit: Edwards may be more talented, but 85 is still the better receiver at this point.

#28 WhiteShoeWillis, May 5, 2009
  9. IIMeanDeanII

My basis is this..

When I have watched the Bengals play, I became a custom to two really good WR. TJ and Johnson. Now, up until the last two or three years, Johnson has always looked like the better reciever, hands down. Which is hard to do because TJ is a very good reciever in his own right, but the minute TJ started consistently looking better then OchoCinco, I knew he was losing ground because of age.

I still think he has some left in the tank, but I don't think he is going to scare any defenses anymore. I don't think he will put up another 1000 yard season, and I don't think the Bengals will have him as their number one reciever after this upcoming season.

I'm not a huge fan of either WR being debated in all honesty, but why would you want to trade for a guy that is getting up there in age? If you're going to go out and trade for a your teams #1 WR, then shouldn't it be a guy who will contribute for a good stretch of time?

Edwards fits that bill, and can be taught to eliminate those nagging flaws in his game. He has the tools to be an amazing WR, he just needs a push in the right direction.

#29 IIMeanDeanII, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
  10. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

why on earth would you assume that this team is going to go 5-11

11. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Ocho was injured last year, he hasn't lost a step. WRs have a long shelf life and Ocho Cinco could easily have another 3 or 4 good years. TJ isn't the better receiver either and has never looked like the better receiver. I have no idea what makes you think that. I guarantee you Chad will have another 1000 yard season. Probably next year.

12. Paraphoe

Paraphoe New Member

Declining and a pest. Pass.

13. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

(5-11) to (-1-17)

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Chad johnson, but Edwards is by far worse then him. Leagu leader in Drops. For a Receiver that is not a good thing.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If it came down to either Edwards or Ocho Cinco i would trade for Ocho Cinco. He's a vet , Great hands and has the heart no matter what. The personality could run people the wrong way but its if we had to choose.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

what's jerry rice doin?

17. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Exactly the reasons that led me to conclude Cinco is our man--and this does not mean I don't want to give Clowney or the others a chance. Rather, I want to increase their chances of success by making the defenses have to account for 85. This should result in having more 1 on 1 matchups for Clowney. Without cinco, there are many more ways to defend our current group of WR's, LW, and Keller.

18. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Exactly some people watch NFL Live 2 much

19. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Yeah Braylon has alot of potential but Chad would be cheaper and is a more proven player than Edwards is rite now.Reciever is a position where u can play for a long time effectively just look at TO and Jerry Rice.Chad can still be a pro bowler but his heart want in it last year, that why he had a bad year.

20. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

The OWNER of the Bengals says he won't be traded, like EVER. He will play out his contract there in Cincy, so this discussion is moot.