Ryan thinks Clemens looked outstanding

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maglex, Apr 18, 2009.

1. maglex

maglex Member

2. quadcityjetsfan76

As expected. Although did you really think he would blast either QB for being terrible?

3. maglex

maglex Member

No, but I think it points to the direction that they are not going QB in the first round or atleats thats how I took it. Although you never can tell whats going to happen on draft day.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Rich Cimini who was at the mini camp said Clemens looked good, and Sal Pal (can't spell his full name) said that Clemens looks a lot more confident and is a more vocal leader.

Granted it's just a mini camp but I don't remember either him or Chad Pennington drawing any sort of praise last year. I think Clemens learned a lot from Favre, not just watching him play but the whole experience. One day, you're competing for a starting job, the next day you're lucky to be on the roster. I think he's gonna seize the opportunity this time

5. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

Could be a smoke screen. Let people think they don't need to take a QB.
    BUT!!!
    I hope he looks as good as Rex says though. This QB situations has to work out or the Jets brass will be the laughing stock of the league.

6. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

This year is do or die for Clemens. If he can't win the starting job against an undrafted player, he isn't even going to be a back-up in this league.

7. L Washington29

L Washington29 New Member

Clemens has been dedicated from the start. This guy really wants to be a starter and he is working really hard. Now he needs to translate it to the field.

8. Gunther

Gunther Member

So what
    No pads
    No contact
    This is April, but that doesn't mean they aren't looking for a QB in the draft.
    They were certainly interested a few weeks ago for Cutler
    People in here are thinking with their hearts instead of their heads

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Ryan thinks everyone is outstanding. We really don't need a new article every time he says something like this.

BREAKING NEWS:

Rex Ryan thinks Peter Winkle is good.

10. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I prefer that opposed to Mangini's approach

"They did some nice things but they're both in competition so we'll see who comes out on top"

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't mind it, it kind of takes the meeting out of a compliment when you do it all the time though. The annoying thing is that we get a news article for every compliment he makes. These beat writers are in there glory, imagine how easy there jobs are now compared to when Mangini was in charge?

It's probably helpful to a young inexperienced QB's psyche to have the coach speaking like that in public too.

#12 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Outstanding compared to what?

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yes, well it would be "now or never" time if you aim to be a Jets QB these days. :wink:

I'll believe it when I see it where Clemens is concerned. One thing to have a good camp, and another to be an effective part of the team and run the offense. Hopefully this will be the year it all comes together for him.

15. greenhorse

greenhorse Member

you gotta like it

day 1 of mini camp and the qb already has a strong command of the full play book,and is already in sync with the o-line and wr's.why aren't we more excited?nothing can be more important in terms of offensive continuity.rex is obviously VERY excited and so is this jets fan..

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

One of the things that concerns me about Clemens is his height. I remember whenever he got inside the 10, they either had him throw a fade or roll out of the pocket because his passes would get batted at the line.

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

So far seems like Clemens is getting a bit more of the upper hand so they must like what they see from him. The Pre-Season still will predict our starter. I Think it will be Clemens although i like Rattliff but i dont think he's ready yet. I Could be wrong and at this point i dont give a shit just someone QB this team to the playoffs.

18. maglex

maglex Member

My point being that a lot of draft boards and "experts" keep shoving Sanchez or Freeman at 17. I dont think this to be the case.

19. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

When you're starving, McDonalds look great. It doen't mean McDonalds is any good.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i liked him as a prospect even when he was at Oregon. something people dont know him and Ratliff both had the same OC during their respective senior yrs. anyways, Im personally hoping Clemens gets the nod and gets a fair shot. and if not. Then Ratliff gets his chance.

but I like Clemens and Im not saying he'll be amazing, but I think he will surprise some people as long as the running game is up to par with last year. I think the defense will be alot better even though its a new system just based on the personnel, the system, and the coach.

that will help Clemens too. it would help whoever is under center.

We'll see, either way I'm all for drafting to address the complete lack of depth on our team and seeing what we have right now.