All 4 NFL.COM Analysts Have Us Picking Freeman in Round 1

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY_Jetsfan, Apr 14, 2009.

1. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

This convinces me that there is no chance that we select him.

2. jgangstahippie7:18

Freeman=Kellen Clemens Jr.

3. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

But able to see over the O-line

I agree, I want no part of him. Get me a WR or a RB in the first and let's go from there. Ratty or bust

4. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

Kellen Clemens was really productive at Oregon, and if he didn't hurt his leg, he would of probably been chosen in the first round. I don't think we can judge Kellen based on 8 games. I also don't think Freeman is anything like Kellen Clemens. I am not saying I'm in favor of drafting Freeman with the number 17 pick, but i don't think he's anything like Clemens. A lot of GM's like Freeman more than Sanchez this year. He had an amazing pro day and GM's really like his upside.

5. jdub03

jdub03 Active Member

Freeman has to much bust potential for me to want him in the 1st.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I am completely down with Freeman now, I think I would prefer Sanchez but if we walk out of the first round with one of the two I am going to be a happy man.

7. Pustelnik

Pustelnik New Member

If we want to trade down... isnt this the way?

I mean... obviously someone inside the organization is feeding the media, that we are sold on Freeman. And they keep telling.

If someone picking after #17 really want him, they have to put a trade together.

It would be great with a low 1st and an extra 3rd or two 2nds.

You guys think there would be a team willing to do that?

Getting WR, DL, RB AND OL-depth i rounds 2 and 3 would be amazing!

8. Count me as one that likes Freeman. I think he has that "It" factor...not to mention it's about time we nip this QB issue in the butt. We'd have 3 young QB's w/ unique skills who can battle it out come TC.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How does he have an "it" factor? He's tall, athletic, and has a strong arm...that's...it.

Freeman's proven at K-State that he can't win close games and he can't carry a team on his shoulders - I know he wasn't surrounded by much talent, but still...

10. Weren't we saying the same thing about Jay Cutler 3 years ago? You may even be able to make the argument that Freeman had LESS around him..although I'll admit Cutler likely faced tougher competition.

I've watched him play,heard him speak and have seen how he carries himself. I feel comfortable w/ all 3 of those areas. This is just a hunch I have...and I really feel like he'd be a good selection for us if the board falls a certain way.

#10 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  11. ........

........ Trolls

Uh...is this comment something about ass biting? Little strange.

Worse things could happen than a QB in the first round, but I agree that the draft would have to fall a certain way before I'd even consider it an ok move to draft Freeman. No Maclin, no Moreno, no trade offers, possibly even no Vontae Davis. That's an awful lot to have happen and presents a rather significant shitstorm scenario.

12. Attackett

I don't get this, QB is the most important position on the field and our biggest question mark by a mile. I'm a big fan of both Maclin and Moreno but if the CS is convinced in Freeman and take him I don't care who is still on the board.

Vontae Davis over Freeman? Jets should be kicked out of the league if that happens.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Jay Cutler had an awesome senior season at Vanderbilt, which is the best conference in college football.

Vanderbilt lost three straight SEC games to South Carolina, Florida, and Kentucy all by a touchdown or less. They were all high scoring games, because Cutler kept them in these games in which they had no business competing in...

Vandy also kept Tennessee out of a bowl game by upsetting them 28-24.

When a guy throws for over 3,000 yards with 21 TD to 9 INTs, on a garbage team, in the SEC -- you know he's a good quarterback.

BUT

Jay Cutler has not lead a NFL team to the playoffs...

Freeman plays in a conference that is known for putting up a lot of points...their isn't much defense in the Big 12. He never really produced at K-State...I agree he's got a ton of potential as a quarterback, but he also has a lot of BUST potential.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Why? If Davis gets his head the game, he'll be a top tier corner. He's arguably the most physically gifted player in this draft...

15. Attackett

CB is the least of our concerns, taking a CB over a QB given our situation would be a disaster. The Jets offense is a complete mess, I don't want any defensive player in the first, especially a CB that needs to get his head in the game.

16. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I don't want Freeman at all. This team is not built to take a project QB with a first round pick. This is a win now team. At what point are we going to find out what Clemens and Ratliff are ? When they are playing for someone else? We can draft a WR or RB that can start either this year or next. If you ranked Freeman against the QB's drafted in the first round over a 3 year spread, he would probably grade out dead last.

17. I hate Revis

I hate Revis Member

Freeman has potential down the road but can we wait a few years. Look Andre Woodson of Kentucky was similar to him but actually more refined. He was drafted by thew Giants and looked awful in pre season. Now with the practice squad and the jury is out if he could be a pro. I would rather draft a wide receiver or Chris Wells or Moreno. Clemens will be the starter unless Ratcliff is the next Cassell. Freeman will never come in and start right away as would Sanchez who I feel doesn't have the arm strength to be a pro. Stafford because of his arm and his experience at least will have a shot if he is put into the fire.

18. Key Jet players under 30:

Cotchery, Washington,Brick,Mangold,Harris,Jenkins,Scott,Pace,Rhodes,Revis,Sheppard,Moore,Gholston,BT,Leonard,Stuckey,Lowery

Key Jet players over 30: Faneca,Woody,Ellis,Coleman,T Jones

How is this team built only to "win now"?

Seems to me we have a healthy mix of young talent AND a solid veteran presence. How is this not a good time to draft and develop a potential franchise QB???

19. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I'm sorry, but wasn't Andre Woodson a 7th rounder? I liked him, but comparing Freeman to him is asinine.

You like Stafford because of his arm and experience? Check both of those off for Freeman as well. He also has much more experience dealing with pressure and adversity. Freeman had nothing around him at Kansas State. When he had one good WR, his completion percentage was higher than any of Stafford's years.

From seeing Freeman play often and seeing many interviews, I think he has the "it" factor. This kid is smart and has the moxy necessary to succeed in the NFL.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Kellen Clemens has yet to play behind a good offensive line - he went 3-5 behind swiss cheese.

If Vontae Davis is at 17 and the Jets draft him, I won't be mad -- Lito Sheppard could become a liability.