Let's have your top three for the Jets first rounder

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Popeye's Army, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Stafford/Sanchez/Freeman
    Moreno
    Maclin

2. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

1. Percy Harvin
    2. Darrius Heyward-Bey
    3. Knowshon Moreno

3. Bvon

Bvon New Member

1. Nicks
    2. Sanchez
    3. Britt

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

1. Maclin
    2. McCoy
    3. Gilbert

5. lobacz87

lobacz87 New Member

If Leon is here...why do so many of you want Moreno?...aren't they the same type of back?...If we got Wells...he has SIZE and SPEED...he can definately step in right away and take TJ's spot...injuries are a bit of an issue...but he is going to be a great pro...

6. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Moreno is an entirely different type of back than Washington. Of everyone in the NFL, I might compare him to Marion Barber in that he just doesn't have many flaws in his game and is very well rounded. I really like Wells but I don't think he's going to be able to stay healthy in the pros.

And of everyone in the draft, Percy Harvin is likely the closest to Loen.

#66 MobiusOne28, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Injuries are way more of an issue than you think. Wells cannot become a great pro if he's always on the sideline hurt.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He was injured once in his Junior year, for three games, with a foot injury, it does happen when you are a RB. As I recall, that one time was the only time he had any injury problems. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He isn't having surgery or any other radical procedure. Unlike the "best" player in this draft, Crabtree. He is having surgery, yet, he will most likely still go before, Wells.

I just don't think one injury that only cost him three games should scare that many teams off. Even missing three games last season, he still had over a thousand yards, with a 5+ average. You can't ignore that. That's my opinion though.

I just don't think that is a fair argument to make against him.

#68 IIMeanDeanII, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I will correct you, because you are wrong. Wells is ALWAYS injured: his sophomore season, he had ankles problems that bothered him all season and he also broke his wrist, which required surgery to fix. As a junior, he had a toe injury and hamstring problems.

I know that he plays through pain and he's never had a HUGE injury, but for a guy that relies on being a big, physical, punishing back, Wells missing a lot of time. You can say he's only missed 3 games, he comes off the field a lot. The NFL is a much faster, more physical game than the college game. Playing for a cold weather team could hamper Wells.

Apparently, the NFL is switching to an 18 game season in a few years - Wells can't stay healthy to play in a 10 to 13 game season.

He's also not a threat as a receiver...but I'll save that for another day.

(...and Crabtree isn't the "best" player in this draft. I don't even consider him the best receiver.)

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I was talking about major injuries that kept him from playing. I'm fully aware of his broken wrist, bad ankle, and foot injury.

He is a speedy, powerful back. Someone who plays through the pain and will give it his all on every play. I just can't ignore that.

I agree with most your points but I don't personally think he would enter this years draft if he wasn't at a 100%. I personally thought he should've waited until next year to come out because of all these speculations about his durability, but I think he has a chip on his shoulder.

Also..

I don't think Crabtree is the BP in this draft either, not even close, but I keep hearing it. So it has to be true. lol

11. facch

facch Active Member

For a second I wondered who would put McCoy at number two, but then I realized you're a Pitt fan. Understandable, but it would be considered a reach by some in what is a pretty solid class of RB's in the first 3 rounds.

I think it's tough to put together a top three, especially when on draft day it is impossible to know who will be there. But assuming these guys drop:

Sanchez
    Maclin
    Wells/Moreno

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

1. Harvin
    2. Gilbert
    3. Britt

13. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

1. Maclin
    2. Gilbert (trade down)
    3. Moreno

14. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

gilbert at 17 from what i read and hear is a reach, predicted to be late 1st early 2nd.
    veikune predicted to go mid to late 2nd to early 3rd.
    no DE we draft is going to start unless we get REALY LUCKY. and if you will notice i have then going in the 2nd.

:finssuck:

15. ........

........ Trolls

Maclin, Moreno, or Gilbert, in no particular order. I'd prefer a trade down to take Gilbert, but if the FO thinks he's worth the pick, I won't be upset. I have a tough time calling anyone a reach unless he's certain to be there at the team's next spot. Value varies from team to team.

16. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

And against similar opponents, he was significantly outplayed by the more durable and better blocking Shonn Greene who should be safely available in the 2nd and maybe even the 3rd round (although I doubt it).

17. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Maclin
    Gilbert
    Maulaga

I just don't want Freeman or a weird reach

18. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Rd.1
    1. Maclin
    2. Moreno
    3. Sanchez

19. a1032bc

a1032bc New Member

Unless Maclin is still there, no WR brings enough value at 17... if you want a WR that bad, harvin/nicks/britt - trade down.

At 17 -
    Tyson Jackson
    Michael Oher
    Beannie Wells

20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

(1. Trade Down)
    2. Kenny Britt WR
    3. Knowshon Moreno RB
    4. Jarron Gilbert DE

I'm split between Britt and Moreno because Moreno is a better value, but WR is a bigger need and we can get some great RBs in the 3rd or 4th round while the talent at WR is much better earlier.