Saw Jets coaches in Newark today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kinghenry89, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Why would Jets coaches be flying commercial?

Doesn't Woody have a jet?

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Probably, but maybe he doesn't want all the exposure right now that the GM, Ford and Chrysler execs got. Not a good time to be flaunting private jets when J&J is laying off hundreds of people and the Jets organization is forcing people to take extra weeks off without pay.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eh, I bet we'll figure it out as the draft gets closer. Maybe they're just going to the NCAA tournament..

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yea, I could see that.

But if things can't be that bad for him, he is doling about millions to Scott.

5. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Your aware that Woody Johnson has nothing to do with J&J at this point, right?

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's obvious to me that's why they're going.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well, since Ryan already coached the guy for 4 years and knows him well, maybe they have a bigger fish to fry somewhere and will leave the initial interviews to Plank and Thurman. He's not an unknown commodity to Rex and if nickel back is a back-burner issue for them during the FA period, this could definitely spell some activity on a larger level.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I bet they are giving away the whole draft for Palmer and C. Johnson.... more seriously maybe they want to take a look at ocho-cinco... he doesn't look to happy there...

9. Section 227. Row 5

I believe you've stated this before and this is only partially true. No, Woody has no active role in running the company, but that doesn't mean he has nothing to do with J&J. He owns a large share of the company by virtue of the fact that he owns a considerable amount of stock in it. He's a billionaire, according to financial sources, and a recognized philanthropist:

"Although his father served as president of Johnson & Johnson, Woody Johnson does not hold an executive position with the company, but owns substantial number of its shares, which account for much of his wealth. He is a trustee of the Robert Wood Johnson Jr. Charitable Trust and chairman of the Alliance for Lupus Research."

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually they are going to Cinncy to workout Coles to see if they made a mistake in letting him go

11. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Right but the point is how he or his employees travel has nothing to do with corporate greed or anything like that. It's not like he's an executive with J&J and they are taking government money and he's still flying on the corporate jet.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, but my point didn't have as much to do with J&J as it did with owning the NY Jets. Whether or not you are taking the government handout, it's just not cool right now to have your execs (or CS) flying around in gas-guzzling corporate jets when you're crying poverty by laying off office workers and requiring people to take two-week leaves of absense without pay.

13. Dunlaing

Dunlaing New Member

It's NEVER lupus.

14. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

HA!!

ricky williams

15. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Nice what? What the heck are you talking about? Are you trying to be negative? Who knows why they are there and when they get back. For all you know they could be back tonight.

But other then that nice story and thanks for the info. :up:

16. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Connor Barwin, OLB Cincinatti ?

I think he had his pro day today. Ran a 4.49 at 250+ lbs.

NOTE: Barwin is also being heavily scouted by the Pats according to Rotoworld

#36 Popeye's Army, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I would imagine it's one of 3 things....

They are scouting Chad Johnson although I would imagine he would be in Miami as opposed to Cinci this time of year but would explain the Ellard going but not Pettine

They are connecting to some other place (Delta is the Jet's airline) and had to travel through their hub

They are scouting some players in Ohio either at Cinci, Dayton or Ohio State.