Draft a RB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Mar 15, 2009.

1. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

So an unproven college WR is more of a number 1 option then 3 unproven NFL WRs?

Agree 100%

2. al greenspam

al greenspam New Member

First of all, if Sanchez is there at 17, then we have to take him, simple as that. GREAT value, and no one can possibly say for sure that the Jets currently have so much as a competent NFL QB on their roster.

Second, if Sanchez (and Stafford, of course) is already gone, the Jets should focus on taking a WR at 17 instead of an RB, be it DHB, Nicks, Harvin or whoever they determine has the best shot at developing into a No. 1 WR. For the simple reason that they do not have a No. 1 WR currently on the roster. Cotch is a good player, but he's a darn near prototypical No. 2 WR -- good hands, willing to work the middle but not explosive.

Yes, Jones ain't getting any younger, but for this season (and likely the next) he'll still do nicely as a No. 1 RB. The lack of a No. 1-type WR is a glaring roster deficiency that ought to be addressed asap.

3. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

1st round - Moreno 2nd round-Britt

Im beginning to tell myself the WRs we have are sufficient.Adding Keller to the mix as a slot could be an option.

Britt would give us the height at WR and Moreno the speed and elusiveness when TJ and LW need a rest.

4. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

I see how most of the guys on this board would say Favre is 40. Well 31 to a RB is 40 as well I know he lead the AFC but I am not a big fan. Jones does not have break away speed & he does not run guys over. I think alot of his year had to do with Favre now that he is gone I think teams will put 8 or 9 in the box & shut Jones down I hope I am wrong we will see.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You are the second guy to run that avatar.

6. Phear

Phear New Member

We will see a lot of 8 in the box, not because favre is gone. More of a factor will be because our qb will be unproven and our receivers are also unproven (cept for cotchery). Until one of our qbs and our receivers prove they should be respected we will see extra people in the box. That is just the reality of our offensive situation.

7. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I like Shonn Greene at 52 or 76, we need a good power back and he'd be perfect for us.

8. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

im all for drafting moreno in rd 1, not beanie though

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

My prediction is that Sanchez will bust and be only a very average QB in the pros.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We have 3 young WR's on the roster but you guys say LC was traded so we should draft a WR to replace him. What's the difference between the 3 young guys we have and a draft pick? The 3 young guys know the system and have shown promise and the draft choice is a total unknown. I don't get this fascination with draft picks. THey are for the future, not for the present and our WR position calls for an immediate resolution which we have. The QB, OL and RB are for the future and depth, the WR is for 2009

#30 sec314, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

IF we get Torry Holt then fine we can draft a RB early on... otherwise we need a WR (Nicks!!!)

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

you're crazy man. We have Danny Woodhead as a 'young' RB. Now you're gonna say he hasn't played in the NFL. I say the same for Clowney, except for one play. Stuckey looked decent but not sure if he can step it up a few notches, not just one. And Cotchery hasn't been the backbone of our WRs either.

TJ was excellent last yr. He has two more yrs left on his contract and should produce decently in those two yrs. Leon should get a long term contract this yr or next yr. So now we have two RBs. Leon was pretty good in 06 starting a few games so he can take the load if TJ gets hurt. As for rookies RBs, they produce almost immediately. No need to groom an early pick. Maybe a 5th or 6th round pick to try our luck but definately not before that.

Dude, just grab a hold of yourself. Trust me, we'll be fine come September.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I said draft a RB, I said nothing about what pick. Hello, the draft is not just about the 1st rd. And Leon is not a backup RB, he can not carry the load.

They are gonna take whoever's the best on their board, especially in the 1st rd. We need a RB, not WR's and that's my story and I am sticking to it.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

What the hell is wrong with continuing to work with Caulcrick? He'll be in his 2nd year now, 6'0" and 255 and a good north-south guy from what I saw at TC.

In other words, the same argument against drafting a WR holds for drafting a RB. We already have a guy we drafted last year.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was not aware of that. Don't know anything about Caulcrick? Ok, if you think he could step in and replace TJ, I stand corrected. For the WR's we have 4 or 5 guys to compete for 3 spots. I am getting killed to my views but I am glad they did not pick up Holt and I hope they don't waste the # 1 pick on another young WR. Ha!!!!! Hey Sec 227, we disagree a lot but I do respect you. Tell me about this RB