Bart Scott on Jim Rome in minutes (4:37 pm EST)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Mar 3, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i don't remember which teams interviewed him. any chance you remember the ones that sat him down?

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm already out here. I like the guy so far, but until I see his work I'll just be sceptical. I'm not entirely convinced the O is going to be ready to score points. Ball control is a load of shit if you can't put it in the end-zone.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've fallen for too many press conferences and too many lines of bullshit. The Jets' track record for what some would deem success is to bring in proven HCs and let them change the culture. Can Ryan be the guy that changes that trend - a trend which spans over 40 years? I hope so, but I am not getting roped in by recent new HCs in the NFL, because most of the places those types of stories become successes are not typically in NY. I've seen too many 'great' coordinators turn into average or even sub-par HCs. Buddy Ryan, Rex's old man and feel-good story, was no great shakes when he was running the show. He had mixed results. And it's a different animal when you take into account the market and the expectations. And the hair-trigger coaching changes. I'm going to root for the guy, but I am not going to be fooled. Results matter. The rest is fluff.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Exactly. He has some great quotes. We had a rececnt one with some "great" quotes. He ruined 2 fookin teams!

5. Ravensfan06

Ravensfan06 New Member

Miami, Atlanta and St. Louis(?) in 2006, and then after Baltimore turned him down in 2007, most of the other teams were turned off.

No wait, that can't be right as Harbaugh, Smith and Sporano were all hired in 2009. It was a combination of those four teams between two years.

#45 Ravensfan06, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  6. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

We don't want to see you hurt again byz. But you know what they say; it is better to have fallen and get hurt than to never have fallen at all. Just don't give up hope and one day you will fall for the right one and he will fulfill you and you will get that fairy tale ending you so deserve. :lol:

7. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky New Member

Do tell

I didn't know that he was always a great interviewer, and I've learned something. I also didn't know that you must have been in on the other head coaching interviews he did and thats why you know he has always been a great interviewer. Please fill us in on all the details, what is his interviewing style, his demeanor, what was the content of the interviews, what were his strong and weak points, how much more did he appear to be ready for the job now then in 2006? Since NFL team don't usually reveal the content of their interviews this should be good. All ears

8. Ravensfan06

Ravensfan06 New Member

Let's just not follow sports or speculate ever as we don't know every detail.

I know that he is a great interviewer because The Sun ran articles for weeks on how well Ryan conducted himself with the the Falcons, and how he put the front office at ease. He still didn't get hired.

I find it funny that you all are dying to defend Rex when you know absolutely nothing about the man at all.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

and you know everything about him, right?.....are you washing his back in the shower or something?

10. Ravensfan06

Ravensfan06 New Member

Obviously I don't, but you people are defending him vehemently when he hasn't done a thing for your organization as of yet.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

defending what?...you're coming in here and shooting your mouth off that Rex gives these top-rate interviews the year before... while making the assumption that there's something wrong with Rex because he didn't land these coaching opportunities......Were you involved in the interview process? Did you sit beside Dmitroff in Atl, holding his hand, while he interviewed Rex??!!

I'm pretty sure you weren't.....and given that information....shows the board that you're head is clearly lodged up your poop hole.

12. Ravensfan06

Ravensfan06 New Member

Alright, you win.

13. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

This is false as can be he chose the Jets over the Rams he could have had that job. He had the Charger job locked up but he would not be forced to take Cottrell as his D coordinator so they went with Turner. He never went to the Falcons for an interview & Bill lobed him in Miami but he always goes with someone he has worked with.

14. Ravensfan06

Ravensfan06 New Member

I never said 2009, why don't you actually read my post before responding?

He did go to Atlanta not just once, but twice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3196889

That being said, at least you sounded pretty authoritative and confident, for what that is worth.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Rex actually had a 2nd interview with the Falcons in 2008......you should get your facts straight Tom, before you submit a post.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is pretty much correct. For example all signs point to Rex having a great interview in Miami. Parcells is on record as saying he knew who was getting that job no matter what. He interviewed others as a matter of protocol.

That being said who really gives a shit if he didn't get a iob 2 years ago or last year. When this season starts that will not matter a freaking lick. How he prepares this team does. Seems like he prepared the Ravens rather well it remains to be seen if he can do the same with the Jets.

17. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky New Member

My point is that just because he wasn't picked in earlier job interviews doesn't mean there must be something wrong with him we don't know, that is not valid at all. Maybe there were just other candidates that were MORE qualified for the job at that time. I am not defending him just saying don't assume things from the outcome alone because there may be more to the picture then meets the eye.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I find it funny that you are bashing Rex because you're bitter that he's not coaching your defense anymore

19. Jam.

Jam. Banned

CrackTheSky casts resurrection

Dead thread is revived (20 hp)

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Quite possibly, It was easier to hire Harbaugh than it was to have someone else run the D, or have a HC that only wanted to play on one side of the ball...