justice a better nfl pro at tackle than ferguson?? check it out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jhsensation10, Apr 21, 2006.

1. parafly

parafly New Member

Well, IMO D'Brick doesn't really fill a gap either. Bottom line is that you draft the BPA and I personally rank hawk and davis higher than d'brick.

2. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

yea, but the thing we need is a line, so if a QB or Bush is not available take the #1 linemen, i hear he needs some work.

3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

D'Brick is an absolute beast. He turned Mathias Kiwanaku from the top DE in the draft to a second round pick. What makes winston justice so good and D'Brick so bad? OT is our biggest need. If mario falls to us then i wouldn't be upset if we take him at all. But if he is gone, Brick is the pick. We odnt need a TE we have baker who may very well have some talent and jolley who we traded down for. I dont want to spend yet another high pick on defense! our offense has been bad for years, it kept up from going to the AFC championship last year (not ALL brien's fault, yea he missed the kicks, but out offense did nothing). We must spend this pick on offense and on offense, our biggest need is on the offensive line to build a line for the future. Taht's why i think that the jets should draft D'Brick and Mangold at 29 or the second round. O Lineman are vital to an offense. without an at least decent line, what can we expect martin, pennington/ramsey/other to do.

4. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

Hey, Bush didnt get all those yards on his skills alone. Justice played a big part in his success.

5. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

this arguably has to be the dumbest excuse for a new thread ive seen on this board in awhile (mainly because that it was started with the person just honestly believing what was said)

6. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

I hope someone like Marcus Vick gets quoted saying hes the best QB in the draft, so the guy who created this topic can jump from one band wagon to the next, and start a new thread about how we need Vick because he said hes better.

7. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Well, yeah, good theory, except a good number of people actually think Justice IS better than D'Brick and a MUCH better fit for the jets OL....

People would laugh at Vick... Justice has every right to feel the way he does.. He certainly blows Brick out of the water in the run game... he was knocked down due to a prank he played 2 years ago that was fully explained....

Talent Wise Justice > Brick

But, Brick costs a Lot more - take your pick.

8. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

:lol: This is the new Dumbest post I've read today...

Why can't someone think Justice is better than D'Brick?

This thread actually led to some real good OL and football talk...

No one needs people posting telling them how stupid a thread is - Ignore it and it will dissapear if it's that stupid...

9. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

yeah, thats why hes rated higher on all the mock drafts and draft boards i've seen(sarcasm)...

10. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

D'Brick is a better OT than Justice. However considering Justice's history/ability at RT and the price to get him (around 8-10 instead of #4) I think he is a better fit than D'Brick. The question at this point is to get a team in that 8-10 range to trade up to #4.

11. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Winston Justice is hands down better than Ferguson. He can play both tackle spots and he's physical at 6'6 320 in the run and pass game. D'Brick is a liability in the run game and a supposed top LT in any draft has to be good at both areas of the run and pass game, which Ferguson is clearly not.

12. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

thank you... i never said i also believe that justice is better than ferguson.. ive always said NOT to draft ferguson with the #4 pick.. heres some sense of why ferguson isnt some GOD some people on this board think he is: deangelo williams or laurence maroney would never say they were better than bush because its not even close.. however, the disparity between justice and ferguson is almost negligent which leads him to believe he is better than ferguson... if it wasnt even close, justice would be laughed at just like we would laugh at williams or maroney if they made a statement saying they are better than reggie.. i feel like we need an impact player at #4.. considering it will most likely be 1. bush 2. williams 3. lienart/young, i think we would have to trade down from #4... i dont even know anymore who we should take, maybe something like, davis, mangold, and carpenter...

#32 jhsensation10, Apr 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'm Pro-DBrick but look...

Carolina took Jordan Gross 7th overall and started his rookie year at RT, went to LT for a little bit and failed...

Went back to RT and has been exceptionally well, borderline pro-bowler...I'll take a Top 10 pick in a RT if you can give me the results that Gross has produced.

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Are you people high? This is about the draft picks getting paid. They all talk themselves up to get a better draft position and get more money. If Williams or Maroney don't say they think they are better than Bush they would be complete idiots. Would you walk into a job interview and say "Hey I want this job, but that guy sitting in the hallway over there, yeah he's better, hire him." It would be beyond dumb. So to quote Justice and use his opinion about himself as an example as to why he is better the Brick is silly, to put it nicely.

And please Mario Williams receives a helluva lot more hype than Brick on this board. If someone else calls him a "beast", "god", or "sure thing" I will throw up while jabbing a pencil in my eye. He is the latest bandwagon sweeping the TGG board, and next week there will be another. What EVERYONE needs to realize is that ALL of these players are overhyped. But right now they are promoting themselves. EVERYONE has the potential to bust.

15. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I would boycott the Jets until Tangini was deposed if the Jets passed on D'Brickashaw Ferguson to draft Vernon Davis.

Have people ever stopped to think that there's a reason that Ferguson has been slated to be a top 5 pick for 2 years now? He's incredibly athletic, an amazing pass blocker, a team leader, fantastic footwork--the only problem that I can see with Ferguson is his size, but he's not even that small (and it certainly hasn't hurt him in college.) If anybody can point out an instance in which Ferguson has failed in college because of his so called "mediocrity" I'd love to hear it.

Justice on the other hand is incredibly immature, a worse pass blocker than Ferguson and only marginally better in the run game. I see no reason why he'd be a better pro.

16. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

think about who its coming from, nothing justice says or does will ever suprise me after being technically arrested twice, once for solicitation and the other for pulling a fake gun on campus on a fellow student (and yeah, it wasnt like a bright orange fake looking thing)

justice played pretty bad last season, missed the year before, on the field he's extremely raw, and any hype he has is because of his numbers, thats it, he's guy that probably was a borderline first rounder because of his big off field question marks, but thanks to some numbers he's magically the best OT in the draft

17. SackMaster99

SackMaster99 New Member

Has anyone considered that we may have a big hole at LT, Mangini may well think that A.Jones CAN play RT, and that his slow start to last season was more due to the fact that it was his first few games as a pro, not that he couldn't play RT. Or he may think he can play LG (basically same height & weight as kendall). In that case D'Brick will fit right in and if we draft mangold or Eslinger we will have a young O-line which could be in place for years to come. Justa thought !!!

18. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Nah....

That would make this line a VERY mediocre run blocking line with a light weight at RT a light weight at LT and a young center or Teague the turntile at center...UGHHHHHH

If they can draft Justice, at least they will be going in the righ direction and have a dominant run blocker SOMEWHERE!!!!!!

PLUS, they would have an extra pick... They might be able to Draft Justice AND another top Tackle (or Guard or Center) for the SAME freaking price draft wise and salary wise that it will cost on rolling the dice on Ferguson..

THINK ABOUT THAT!!

IS FERGUSON THAT GOOD...... Umm, no, he apparently doesn't compare to the top tackles drafted that high and it's draft loaded with guys at his position, some better at what WE NEED.... A run blocking RIGHT TACKLE...

19. SackMaster99

SackMaster99 New Member

I agree that we need a run stuffing RT, and was just making the point that Mangini may have other ideas about the O-line.

Justice could prove to be a great RT but are we really going to draft a RT in the top 10?, may not get past buffalo at 8? when there are some good RT prospects lower down.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Either way - Ferguson is a Shaky EXPENSIVE pick at 4.