Scott and the Raven's getting close

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Feb 24, 2009.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

If they build it, I will come.

2. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Why would Jets want a Ray Lewis. Beside woody Johnson getting a big name player to try and sell his PSl. How is ray lewis improving your coverage ability. HOw are Jets improving their run defense any more. Why would anyone even try to run the football , when they can just throw at will on the Jets.

Personally I will be doing cartwheeels if the Jets sign Ray Lewis to a big contract. Haven't they learned from the Ronnie Lotts and Brett favres. Please Jets make my year sign Ray Lewis. 35 year old / 14 year veteran players aqre just the players to take your defense to that next level.

3. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Says the guy whose team has had 6 losing seasons and countin

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Good lord...you really are clueless aren't you.....I"m hoping you're still living with your parents or a legal guardian. You shouldn't be on your own in society.

Ray Lewis had 25 Passes Defended and 7 INT's over the past 3 seasons...that's pretty good "coverage" for a LB, IMO..how do you say it, Jeaux?? "Do your homework" :wink:

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Nnamdi hates you Jeaux... he hates your guts.

6. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

How are you going to do cartwheels with all that Raider dead money in your way?

7. kukirojas

kukirojas New Member

I think Ray Lewis can improve the Defense with Leadership and Intensity ,, He will give chemistry to the Defense the same type that Fanaca did to our offensive line..Fanaca helped Ferguson and Mangold..Look at the improvment between 2007 and 2008 offensive lines.. Lewis would help Harris, Pace the same way Fanaca helped out Ferguson and Mangold..

8. ........

........ Trolls

Ugh. I was really hoping Scott was headed here. I blame Ray Lewis for the Cowboys rumors. If he's not serious about staying in Baltimore, they're obviously going to try to sew up Scott first.

So, at this point, do they still cut Moore? Who the hell do we target? I don't want to get into a bidding war with Jerry Jones for Lewis's services.

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Again you can't be that stupid. Stats don't always tell the whole story. You do know who was playing with ray lewis. Would you say the Jets talent is anywhere close to the Ravens talent on defense . Did the Ravens have the 27 pass defense last year. HOw many of those interceptions were because of the other guys around him. (qb under stress and he does some dumb things)

NOw you put a 35 year old LB on a team with not one single LB good in coverage and your telling me that guy going to upgrade your pass defense. LMao I hope you get him because i would love to say i told you so. Wake up and smell the coffee.

BTw maybe Jets can sign Lawrence Taylor Upgrade their pass rush.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

cushing!!!!!!!!!!

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm still hoping for the outside chance that Scott makes it to the open market....until I see confirmation....there's no use giving up on that notion.

And you're right about Lewis....getting into a bidding war with the Cowboys would not be a wise manoever.

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I thought I had sort of answered this. The agent says it will be Scott OR Brown, not both. We take whichever one they don't sign. Brown played very well this year, is only 25 and would be cheaper than Moore. Not only that, he can play guard or center, and we have zilch behing Mangold. In fact straight up, I'd take Brown over Moore.. cheaper (a bit) and he's far more versatile.

I want no part of Ray Lewis. We could re-sign Barton and draft another ILB in the first or second round.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Jeaux...i'm still waiting for you to "tell me so" on the other 500 hundred false predictions you've made over the last year here. Like how Kwame Harris is 10x the LT that Brick Ferguson is? Gimme a break :rofl:

Like i said...you have no clue what you're talking about....basically, ABOUT ANYTHING in life.....so I suggest "piping down" before you further embarrass yourself.

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

JMO Look at the diffrence in teams you played in 2007 to 2008. (thats more for improvement) Alan faneca was a dissapointment 7.5 sacks giving up by a guard is embarrassment.(this guy only going to slip even further) Again Ray Lewis is not improving Jets pass defense. Why put all your money in signing an aging player. How many years this guy going to give you. You really think Ray Lewis is putting you over the top especially what you have at QB.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

screw off with the trolling!

don't you have a paper route to collect for or something?!!

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Stay On topic. HOw about my prediction Jets didn't have one lb good in coverage and they were going to have trouble stopping the pass.(27 against the pass)

Again do the math its not that hard. NOt one single LB Jets have thats good in coverage + aging 35 years old Lb (how much speed has he lost) = how is this guy improving your coverage ability at LB. H

Stop watching Raw . He will will his way to way to stay with the Rb. Please

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Stay on topic?? The topic of discussion is Bart Scott and how close he is to signing with the Ravens. And if Ray Lewis is a viable alternative if that happens.

Did i type that too fast for you?

18. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Really..............................:eek:hmy:

Ray Lewis would bring ferocity and intensiveness to a team who lacks a defensive leader and an all out charasmatic player. Havent seen any attitude in Jets defense since Bryan Cox.

Im all for signing Ray Lewis and Jonathan Vilma this defense could be the best in the NFL.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Where exactly does it say the Ravens are close to signing Scott? It's just the agent saying that one of the two will likely stay but even that's still speculation

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this guy is a square peg in the Jets' defense...why would we bring him back?