Jets to cut Brandon Moore?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Quack

Quack New Member

He injured his knees a few times this season didn't he?

#81 Quack, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  2. Salz

Salz New Member

This worries me because Brandon Moore was solid and our offensive line was our best unit last year. We need to replace him so we don't have another Adrian Clarke situation on our hands. I have faith in Tannenbaum, though, and I doubt he repeats the same mistake he made in 2007 by ignoring LG. You have to think that Rex Ryan won't allow the RG position to be a black hole with the type of offense he's trying to build (pound the ball, etc)

3. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Adam Schefter is reporting that we are going to cut Moore. If it comes from Schefter its almost always correct.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

if Jets are 27M under the cap, why do they need to cut Moore?

I have been critical of Moore, but now I tend to think otherwise - he has earned his spot in the league, and shouldn't be a victim to a cap casualty. A bit of restructuring would be good, but he shouldn't have to leave the franchise.

5. pender30

pender30 Member

That's just it, they can't restructure him. Moore has the upper hand because he can say "give me the money you owe me, or I know you'll have to cut me and I can get paid in free agency." Moore has no reason to restructure.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

winner, winner, chicken dinner

7. 624

624 Banned

I really would like Moore to stay but I trust whatever Ryan does..I'm assuming he has a plan.

8. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

I'll bet the team wanted to restructure Moore's deal and he said "NO". That forces the Jets hand to release Moore so he can get a FA deal. With all of the tremendous money being thrown around for FA offensive linemen, he and his agent probably think Moore could get a better long-term deal.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Looks like Hunter and Turner (Bender?) will get a shot or we'll look for a staple to the right side in the draft.

10. 624

624 Banned

I'm pretty sure bender was released a few months ago

11. ThreadTheNeedle

ThreadTheNeedle New Member

To get to 27m they would need to cut Moore... they arent they're yet.

12. ThreadTheNeedle

well known fact? I'm sure the Jets can replace Brandon Moore and his 0 Pro Bowl apperances. It's not like We let our all pro guard, hall of fame guard go. Like he guy said before... there is life after Brandon Moore.

13. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Move Woody to RG, and draft a tackle. Seems simple.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That or they are targeting Jason Brown from Baltiomre in Free agency. His over all price tag per year would be about what Moore's cap hit for this year was. It would be an upgrade while giving us another young O-line man. drafted just one year before Mangold and Brick.

15. I understand the jets stance and all....and I do think Moore is getting slightly overrated by the media and many on here..I do however worry that we don't have a suitable replacement. I suppose one option they may tinker w/ is sliding Woody inside to guard and either drafting a blue chip OT early to pair w/ Brick for the long term...or signing a more natural OT in free agency.

Let's just hope this isn't a kareem mckenzie/Adrian ones situation all over again.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Ugh. I get it, he's gone, and time will tell if it was a mistake or not. Hopefully, they pick up an immediate starter through FA or the draft.

Can we please stop using the Pro Bowl as evidence of ability? Two years ago, John Lynch got in over a very deserving Kerry Rhodes. I asked him personally about it and he said that without a doubt, the Pro Bowl is name recognition only and that Kerry deserved to go over him. This is especially true with regards to the offensive line. O Linemen are selected based on their overall unit, team success, and past recognition. It is very difficult to break in.

17. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I am praying to the ancient Druids of Newgrange, St Kieran of Clonnmanoise and St Patrick himeslf that we draft:

Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
    6'7 1/4", 368
    Arm length: 36+ inches
    Hand length: Just a fraction shy of 12"s... a freakin FOOT long!
    Wing span over 7 feet.
    Had a monster senior bowl.

Mayock says he "envelopes" people. If he gets his hands on you, you are history, removed from the play. He can move an entire pile. Could be there for us in the second round. He won't last till the third. He isn't great in space, which is why he's strictly a guard, but he is so big, it takes time just to run around this guy on the pass rush. NO ONE is gonna bull rush this kid... no way.

18. ThreadTheNeedle

i was just trying to make a point. Yea the Pro-Bowl voting can be a little screwy, but Brandon Moore being cut is the most attention he's gotten with his 5 years as a Jet. He's replaceable.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He's supposedly moving to right tackle in the pros. He plays like a guy 200 pounds lighter sometimes -- not as strong as he looks.

20. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

He'll play wherever the team that drafts him says he will play. I saw him in the senior bowl, and I disagree strongly with the "not as strong as he looks" comment. He threw defenders around like rag dolls in the senior bowl. I'd like to see a scouting report that says he's not as strong as he looks. I haven't seen one yet.