What do you guys think of kellen clemens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vilmas our future51, Apr 19, 2006.

1. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Come on hydro, don't go trying to put words in my mouth. I never said I wanted Hackney as our future. I said that he is a developmental project that under a good QB coach could become a really good player. Hackney's main problem is that he has really poor footwork and throwing mechanics. Those can be worked out, and I really don't see why it wouldn't be worth it to invest a late rounder on him.

2. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

if thats the case i would rather burn a 7th on marcus vick.. atleast he can see over the lineman hackney is another brad banks he will be in the league a year and then fade away.

3. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Hmm...Hackney is 5-11 and 5/8ths. Vick is 6 feet even. I really don't think that 3/8ths of an inch is going to make that much of a difference...

Also, Hackney is nothing like Banks in that he is not a running quarterback. He also did not have an elite offensive line (though to be fair he was not playing elite opponents either.)

As for Vick, at least Hackney or Clemens won't get their teammates arrested. I want no part of Marcus Vick on this team.

4. transplanted jet

transplanted jet New Member

Man, UF WRs are horrible, actually there isn't too many dominant players from UF in the NFL at the moment, I could be wrong but I think Jackson may be their best pro player (I don't have time to research my claim). PSU RBs are still a no go as well.

Just because your program develops one decent player doesn't mean a tradition is established.

That's like saying after a decade of banging fat chicks, some crazy hot girl gives it up only to leave you, sending you swirling back into depression. You regress back to banging fat chicks but claim you are a 'ladies man'.

5. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

I think Clemens could be the sleeper pick of the draft. High school all American and was having a sensational senior year and then broke his leg. Was great at the combine and attracted a lot of atttention. Wouldn't suprise me to see him go in the late first, early second.

6. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

In that case we don't take him. If he's like Plummer, he'll bomb out on the first team he's on, us, and be a star once we ship him off to the Redskins or something.

7. MrDobolina

MrDobolina New Member

Omar Jacobs? Raw talent that could be molded by shotty? Perhaps....

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I can say with almost absolute certainty that Clemens is not making it into the first round. No team after maybe the Bucaneers at #23 would consider taking a QB.

Jacobs is much better than a project like Hackney or an Eric Meyer type but he will also go much higher in the draft.

9. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

Yep. Hackney is NOTHING like Brad Banks as far as a player. The best comparison I can think of for Hackney is that he is smaller, poor man's version of Byron Leftwich. The kid has a gun and would have much better stats if his recievers didn't drop the ball all the time but it is height that is the killer. He was reported as being 6'1 by the UAB program and measuring in at under 6 feet plus his potential weight issue pretty much make him a longshot at best.

10. Langdon15

Langdon15 New Member

Hackney can run better than Leftwich but he's got the same type of game. I watched him against Miami and although they lost, he kept his team in it for a while.

As far as Clemens, I don't think he's as good a prospect as Croyle, Jacobs or Whitehurst.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

While I like Clemmens I really don't think he's going to amount to anything. He has a bit of Ken Dorsey in him with better decision making skills. I like Hackney a bit more because of his cannon for an arm, and leadership skills.

I wouldn't mind either with my sixth.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Clemens in the 6th lol.. He will be at worst a first day pick, it wouldn't shock me one bit if he is the next QB taken after the big three and selected in the second..