Report: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TommyGreen, Feb 7, 2009.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

You're gonna have to put this one on the Texas Rangers man

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

no argument here

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Don, he dosen't deserve any fucking slack. He cheated. He got caught. You don't give someone in prison a lighter sentence because they admit to it years later.

No one is giving Barry Bonds any slack for admitting to taking steroids, and he also said he didn't know what it was. Why is Alex any different?

4. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Not saying there shouldn't be integrity in sports....but that should be up to the commissioner of each league...NOT the US Government.

Where is the outcry from people in the media, fans, and management to blame the people who KNEW this was going on and did NOTHING about it.

Bud Selig knew about this....he never should have agreed to keep results hidden...He SHOULD have said...we're implementing this...whether you like it or not. And if the players went on strike because of it...then THEY look bad...If they aren't cheating..what's to hide then?

5. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

Yeah, but what's the Dominican way? Apparently the "American" way doesn't appeal to him anymore.

6. FirstTimeCaller

Did you forget that these are illegal drugs and the effect and influence major league sports have on the children of this country? Did you forget about the endless chances baseball had to clean itself up? I don't love the idea of the government investigating these things on tax payers money, but who else has the authority/ability to have a real impact on this situation? Who else has the ability to get to the bottom of this? Certainly not MLB or the players union.

You're right but he (Selig) didn't and in fact he probably made it worse and covered it up... so who are you going to call? Ghostbusters? Unfortunately the government had to get involved because those losers failed so badly at controlling this thing....

#146 FirstTimeCaller, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Best New York Post cover ever. Even better than NYPD Jew.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

Ya, I want to get one of those just to frame. I've always disliked him, and this backpage just cracks me up.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I couldn't help but crack a smile when I saw it in 7-Eleven today.

10. SteelCurtain96

Sorry I guess after 12 years of talking about steroids in baseball and we STILL have problems with it...I get kind of jaded.

11. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

So I guess Texeria is involved also...

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Obama just bashed A-Roid in his press conference.

13. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Whose fault is that? If my son takes any illegal drugs and/or thinks it's okay because he saw a professional athlete do it, I have failed as a parent.

14. SteelCurtain96

Wow Cappy...I remember those Topps baseball cards like in your avatar. That was the first year I really collected them as a kid. Back when you has .220 hitters with slick fielding as a SS...Not guys jacking 52 HR because they're all doped up on steroids.

15. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

This seriously caught me off guard. I don't know if I was surprised or shocked by the news. It was so sudden. For some reason, I find myself in a black hole in my baseball loyalties now. I feel directly cheated and lied too. And this shouldn't have been a new thing. I always believed A-Rod was not one of those who used even though I never really thought much of him. I'm disappointed that the Yankees are stuck with him for 9 more years, and I'm ticked off that he was resigned in large part due to the HR race which he is getting 30 million in bonuses because it was supposed to be a clean break....and now like every thing else, it is A FRAUD.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

1981 Topps football cards were cool
    1987 Topps baseball- good, too

17. FirstTimeCaller

Agreed, and I'm sure most parents feel the same way. The original comment was about integrity in sports but in this case the story of A-rod and steroids transcends sports.... these drugs are against the law. I'm not saying I'm an angel here but Im certainly not surprised to see a government who has been fighting a fruitless "War on Drugs" for so many years jumping on an easy and high profile case like drugs in MLB.

This investigation i not so much about the integrity of sport as much as it's about grandstanding politicians the chance to come off heroic in the media.

18. SteelCurtain96

Could not agree more

19. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Reading your posts for the last year, I think every developing story catches you off guard.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

An excerpt from the new book about A-HOLE:rofl: :